Personal View site logo
Panasonic GH2 with UHS-I and SDXC
  • 59 Replies sorted by
  • @cinegraphy This is not an UHS-1 card. UHS - 1 card does not have the same class listed. As a matter of fact UHS-1 is a class of it's own with UHS II to follow soon.
  • Sandisc Extreme HD Video (without "pro", 30 MB/s, Class10), 16GB - got it at ebay for €34,50 - didn't want the 32GB version, too expensive if I loose it or whatever :-)

Another question: does anyone know, how to measure bitrates reliably? Because Quicktime gives other results than Gspot, than of course you can find it uot by dividing the filesize through time - but that's too annoying, I find...
    Tried to install "videoinspector.exe", but during install my Avira found some virus or whatever...
    Btw I also have a mac tool called Videospec, which seems to be completely unreliable or even garbage - in case anyone knows some reliable mac tool, apart from Quicktime, that'd be even better!
  • @cinegraphy What is the make and the model your uhs1 card is? Methinks that it is up to the maker of the card to decide what is the fall-back standard and/or speed they would use to satisfy compatibility requirement with older devices.
  • Hmm that can't be - unless there's different implementations of UHS-1, or something similar?
    As I wrote, 180 Mbit was recorded ok (this 180 Mbit clip was only 5 seconds or so, but that should suffice as a proof I think?) - 180 Mbit = 22,5 MB/s. And since I didn't get any card error, it's quite probable, the cards can actually take the full 30 MB/s, exactly the way, Sandisc adverts them...
  • As soon as the UHS-1 cards came out, I bought 2 thinking they'd solve my card write issues with my GH13 and GH2. I thought I was being so smart! Didn't work. Not any faster for videos then my current class fast 10 cards.

I still get write errors with my GH2 in ETC at 720/60fps and shutter at 1/125

I don't know about stills but for video, there's no improvement. Probably because Panasonic doesn't support UHS-1 yet!
  • No, talking about my GH2. I was at first skeptical but when I tried it significantly reduced my lag. That red 'writing to the card' graphic is not around so long :-) Unless I'm dreaming. I'm quite picky with specs so I can definitely say that I see and feel the speed increase - was never too happy with the Transcend in the first place.
  • @last_SHIFT On your NIkon?
  • I have one. It outperforms my old Transcend Class 10. My lag time in writing full size RAW and full 24P has been cut in less than half. I'm very happy with it.
  • Hi, as I wrote in the other thread: this morning I got a Sandisc extreme (without "pro", 30 MB/s, Class10), and made some short tests - recorded Mpeg video @ 180 Mbit max. - so this card is also UHS-1 I think, but it works just great with the GH2. For this one clip with the highest bitrate I got so far, Quicktime states 180 Mbit, whereas Gspot says 210.735 Kbit - which would be 205 Mbit...
    Now I don't know which tool is more accurate, but it's extremely high anyway :-)