Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 4
  • 586 Replies sorted by
  • Driftwood GOP1 AQ2 AQUAMOTION Experimental patch
    With twixtor set to 2000fps....

• instant gratification wedding vid I shot using v7, amazing quality as usually, all stills are taken from video.

• Reality again. There aint any wars between Lee & thee. But this thread is for all low gopsters and people like bkmcwd deserve more recognition - he has taken months fine tuning his GOP3 and sharing his reports and results in this LOW GOP THREAD and IT WORKS on high detail and motion.

• All hail the mighty @driftwood

• @troyjason: These threads absolutely DO NOT need to be "deleted and forgotten". There is far too much important information in these threads that would be lost should they simply "be deleted and forgotten". Why delete many pages of important information simply because there's a bit of conflict between some parties? Debate is a GOOD thing, "deleting and forgetting" information in order to snuff debate is not IMO.

Vincent

• These threads need to be deleted and forgotten. Give Lpowel a thread - give Nick a thread. Fresh start.

Nobody wants to have this community busted up and tarnished over nothing.

Peace.

• @Butt Yes! :-)

@driftwood You are the innovator and are also everybody's leader here. Without the presence of your hard work, progress is impossible for GH2 hack. I have always been helped by you. I am looking forward to your activity from now on until now also. Thanks always!

• @driftwood Nick - You're the number one - we need you

• Back on topic.

@csync - The past few days I've been scrounging around desperately trying to find a video I had seen comparing stock GH2 GOP to a GOP of 3. It only gets better at 1. Turns out it was from @driftwood himself.

• @onionbrain "people who refuse to invest in quality memory cards"

you don't even need the expensive 95Mbps cards. Driftwood's patches work fine on my camera with SanDisk 30MB/s cards.

Quality wise Driftwood's Intra AQ4 patches are top notch at 24H... and I am looking very forward to Driftwood's patches for fimware 1.1 with 25p!

• "The truth is that because of the Driftwood hacks I bought a GH2" and the Sandisk 64gb.

+1

Sold the 60d as fast as i could.

• If Driftwood is referring to people who think 1080i is a good idea -- then, yeah, I'm on board. If Driftwood is referring to people who refuse to invest in quality memory cards and think everyone else needs to pay the price of low video quality to accommodate their cheap cards -- then, yeah, I'm on board.

I could sit here and write some fluff saying nice things about Driftwood, whom I don't know and have never met, or I could just tell the truth.

The truth is that because of the Driftwood hacks I bought a GH2 (US $900), four Sandisk 64gig 95Mbps cards (US $800), a matte box and cage rig so it looks serious enough for clients (US $1200), two 2.5 terabyte external hard drives (US $400), and next week principal photography commences on a documentary film of regional interest in which my Sony NEX-FS100 will ONLY be used for low light photography and the Driftwood GH2 for EVERYTHING else.

So, I can write fluff, or tell the truth. What's that old English expression? "Keep calm and carry on."

• @VidXX I think someone who joins just so that they can call someone else names is the definition of classlessness.

Move along...

• @driftwood - Not sure what's going on man but hope you carry on. Ultimate respect to you for your patches, using Quantum now and quality is unbelievable. I'm sure X will be the patch to end all patches.

• Keep it real

• "I believe nobody doubts that if you want the best possible quality, driftwood GOP1 is the way to go."

+1 Thanks Nick

• Reppin @driftwood since day one...

• @Alexauwa - That was on 9b.

@driftwood fo' life. Fuck the haters.

• @driftwood I would like to combine the universal playability of 24l in quantum 3 with the max quality of 24h in quantum 9. Is it possible and just a matter of changing some settings? Is it enough to just edit Q9 and replace the 24l settings with those of Q3? Thanks for everything.

• @driftwood "Listen up motherfuckers ..." Respect for you .

• "I believe nobody doubts that if you want the best possible quality, driftwood GOP1 is the way to go."

+

• Uhm.. looks like some late night posting has been going on? Hope you guys don´t start to fight. It would be a pitty. @driftwood Your patches made me buy the cam, one private, one for work. I believe nobody doubts that if you want the best possible quality, driftwood GOP1 is the way to go.

• @driftwood what happen to you man, you just turned into a classless jerk.

• thx, i did a quik test in 1080 50i, converted to 50p and slowed down to 2% in twixtor,
    and it looks oke, considering i did not set all to optimal,
    iso3200, shutter 1/320, and F4

i just installed "AQ2 for Slow Motion Work in EX TELE mode"
    For what i understand its just what i need today
    Its a sunny day, and the cross track is open, i go shoot some shots there in 720 and 1080i, with the tele mode working i can keep a save distance from the motor bikes ;-)

Image4.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
  • @mozes i frames are not good for slow-motion in particular (your are not done by just using an i frame patch). Google infos about how to best shoot for a twixtor slow-motion workflow (fast shutter, no motion blur, sharp contrasty edges are important). I frames are good because they give you sharp details for the motion vectors ...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions