Personal View site logo
12mm f/1.6 Noktor
  • 739 Replies sorted by
  • Some are saying this lens is really soft. Is that true?

I want something that will match my Voigtlander lenses pretty well. I see Voightlander makes a 12mm for M mount but it is really slow 5.6.

• no problems, there is an ebay retailer for cinevate gears!

• @RRRR Thanks! Now I'll just need to find out how to get this in germany ;D The shops on their site don't seem to have it.

• meanwhile I'm having some fun with my new pinhole lens :-)

• Just get a cinevate lens gear..

• yes, yes, Photoconijnenberg! I hate to spend money for getting into a "preorder loop" ... but fast and wide is what I'm missing. Fingers crossed that I don't get a loos mount version ...

• @Tommyboy You CAN use an FF on this but it's hard to get a lens gear attached.

• @Chaos123x Meaning is very sensitive and 1/2of mm can do a difference.

• @Tommyboy What do you mean by hard to focus? Is the ring really hard to move? Do you have to spin it multiple times to do a rack focus? Or something eles?

• @Alex I just got mine today. @Pechente It doesn't work. The lens is really small and short and you can't even use ff on it. @all The mount isn't that tight it looks like is off by one millimeter. I do not really know what to think about this lens. Another, thing I have noticed is that is harder to focus than any of my other lenses. I guess this lens it is in its own class that I'm not accustomed to.

• @Alex same here.. (from fotokonijnenberg). I asked to cancel the order until they have it in stock.. Let's see what happens.

• Wish Voigtlander would announce a wide lens for micro four thirds.

Thinking about buying this lens, but I don't quite trust SLR Magic for a quality lens yet.

The Oylmpus is pretty good and available but I don't want all that auto jazz and focus by wire.

• @Alex who did you order with? I ordered at Photoconijnenberg on Jan 15th, they emailed today to say they still don't know when they are arriving.. having said that.. the price was right!

• I ordered on Jan 14th and today I was told that they will ship around Feb 29th. Shit!

• Does anyone know if this works with a TRUSMT matte box or if it's too wide angled for that?

• Anyone know the filter thread diameter on this? Wondered if a 77mm fader is the way to go and if it might vignette?

• @jimtreats - oops, senior moment there - that's scene (not the Costner movie)

• It would be nice to have more openness about that, however it is not something you think about whilst taking a great shot.

• @EOSHD

Yep. We just need to find their actual factory and their designers.

• I get spammed emails from SLR Magic, and a lot of what they say does't endear me to them. When I went to Tokyo in November I noticed the Olympus 12mm, 2nd hand at a good price. It certainly has the benefit of super quick AF... but... emotionally...

The SLR Magic Hyperprime 12mm is capable of results that have 'something' the more expensive Olympus lacks. I have no idea what.

• nvmd...missed above post-disregard

• @mrbill you mean Out Of Sight and this scene -

I've yet to do any decent 1-2 person shoot tests to see how much you can get out of focus. To get the sort of look seen above you need to be focussing quite close.

Has anyone gotten a thin filter onto this lens to protect the element without any noticeable vigenetting?

• Beautiful bokeh. Wonder if it's useable shooting narrative - I'm thinking in particular of that scene in 'No Way Out', where George Clooney seduces Jennifer Lopez in that bar (something for all the family in that film)