Personal View site logo
GH2 post-production workflows
  • 109 Replies sorted by
  • @mrbill

Will you renumber the raw .mts? I suppose depending on how you finish it wouldn't make a difference but yes, long form projects and similar names aren't good. IN particular the render files.

I'll check out ant renumbering, it may be a great way to go before running 5DtoRGB to begin with. Thanks.
  • I'm on an avid platform, so importing .mts files couldn't be easier and there aren't the well documented quicktime gamma issues to worry about. My worries are about sequential file numbering over long-form projects where file numbers might run into the thousands, and conforming from offline rez to online rez with no dupe file names. I'm currently wrestling with the manual (having found the file re-numbering function under the 'spanner' menu) but haven't sussed how this works yet. However, i found a post on another forum that mentions a freeware re-numbering utility called ant renumbering, which am currently checking out. I'll re-post once I get some kind of shape sorted out.
  • *balazer.
    No need for your point 4.
    just in proxystream 1.5 choose the tab switch.
    http://www.sonytalk.com/proxy-stream-t20630.html

its for vp9, but works with vegas 10a/b/c/d/e to, i use it in sony vegas pro 10
    in vegas pro 11 it dosen't work (like most scripts..
  • Cool! Okay then it'll be for any version.
  • Nodes are now unlimited in the lite version. :)
  • Did they change the amount of nodes that you could use? I haven't looked at it in a while.
  • Why wouldn't the workflow still function on the lite version of DaVinci? I thought the only differences were max resolution, number of GPUs, and built-in noise reduction... nothing to do with import/export?
  • www.campcomet.com -- there's a mini tutorial on using 5DtoRGB here. GOing to be adding a DaVinci (unfortunately not the lite version, though) and Colorista II workflow as well.

Add it to the pool and feel free to suggest changes, thoughts or anything else you want to see covered.
  • If you guys can come up with one or two simple workflow methods for each NLE package, please either add them to the wiki or let me know via PM so I can add them myself.

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/gh2-usage/gh2-usage

I use Vegas Pro 10, and I think it has very good native h.264/mts file support. When dealing with high bit rate recordings, I will sometimes swap my original source files with lower bit rate mpeg-2 MTS proxy files, to make editing more snappy. Here's the gist of proxy editing:

1. Put all of your source files in a working folder
    2. Use Proxy Stream to batch convert all of the working files to lower bit rate MPEG-2 MTS files in a proxy folder (same resolution and frame rate)
    3. Use Rename-It to make the proxy filenames match the source filenames
    4. When you want to switch between source files and proxy files, save your project and exit Vegas, and then rename the folders to make the source folder or the proxy folder be the working folder.