Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • I think we should all send an email to Panasonic support and ask for an answer.
  • I got to the "download" page and when I pressed "download", this is the message I got.
    Not Found
    The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it. Please inform the site administrator of the referring page.
  • It's certainly strange. There are many possible reasons, server fuckup, lens incompatibility, infringement, hardware malfunction theyve found, or a new version... We'll just have to wait and see.
  • I must say, naming it "HBR mode" was really weird and odd to me too, you are right at that. But let's wait little bit more.. I bet Vitaliy don't need this sort of speculative discussion here. :) I hope Panny will say what's going on or just put the update back there soon.
  • @sparticos

I really suggest to stop unfounded speculations. Ok?
  • MarkV
    From the start of V1.1 it looked very strange to me naming the new video mode HBR! what happened to
    25p and 30p or woud that infringe some european law classing the camera as a video camera with the
    appropriate taxes, how ever I hope you are right...

ps, It could be infringment with other companys algorithms in the software other wise why not do it from
    launch, I think V1.1 was the back door way.....
  • @sparticos: Nope. I don't think Panasonic would just give up on GH2 so fast just after one update and left the cam without another software support and even withdraw the one-and-only update from official support website.. looks much like they are actually fixing something on the 1.1 update..
  • VK

is possible that with latest gh2 v1.1 up date from pany there could have been law copirght infringments
    so they withdrawn it to avoid problems etc I dont personaly think we will see any more updates from pany
    ....how is the crackink v1.1 going on?

Regards
  • Yep.
    Doesn't looks like server maintenance.
  • It sure looks like download servers maintenance. But that would be bummer for Vitaliy if they are going to change something in the 1.1 update..

EDIT: Well.. it's weird that the only download that does not work is the 1.1 update for GH2..
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev

I hope you don't stop work on the 1.1 firmware. It really has some beneficial improvements. Have you tried out some of the new features(AFC actually works well now)?

The firmware download page error might just be a server problem. Maybe they are doing maintenance over the holiday?
  • The firmware is still there for me
  • @alcomposer

Anyway, I have GF2 work to do. :-)
    Plus GF3 is nto far away (of course our post is now in complete stall, but anyway)
  • Is this for real??? Maybe Panasonic made a New Years Resolution to cut the crap and develop 'real' firmware!

We can wish-- I can also confirm its a dead download link... :-P

Just when I thought that we were going to get a nice new PTool!
  • Don't think that way, Vitaliy. Your work will give us HBR mode with high bit rates. That's a great and important thing, regardless of whether it's the latest Panasonic firmware or not.
  • Really, really weird.
    As if they'll update firmware (and it looks so), all the work up to day will be wasted.
  • edit?
    Sorry i used the wrong link...
  • confirm, says page not available!
  • Download gets an error...
  • Check the list of firmware updates: the GH2 has been removed! I wonder if they have found a problem?
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/index.html
  • For those who read this: You need to set the increment inside ptools to 2 in case you get the no valid picture message. Not change the filename.
  • @phenixone Hey I've found my problem, It seems i had to update to the new panasonic updated firmware first...Then and only then I was able to upload the Hack in my camera...It's good to know....
  • @phenixone yep i did all that...i don't understand the problem...i would believe it is an SD card problem but if i put the new firmware update .bin file in my card it asks me if i want to update....so it must be with the build i created....