Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • @danyyyel, your math is off. Uncompressed is not 600+ gigabytes per second.
  • I found this in vimeo, very low light to ISO 3,200 using the Panix 20mm 1.7 lens.

• Sorry, seems no share the video, in vimeo searh: 'GH2 Night footage 1.1'.
  • Hi there everyone!
    I've got a question and found no topics better suited for it like this. I have a european GH2 (Hungarian) fw 1.0 without hack. I see on the hungarian panasonic site that 1.1 is not available yet, maybe not have been translated yet. My question if it is possible to load the fw 1.1 from the link on the first page although it is not for my country? Or does it count anyway? Another question is if it will be available to hack it (even back to 1.0fw) after 1.1 is installed?
    Thank You & have a nice Christmas to all of You!

Regards,
    Tom
  • @tomee21 Read the FW 1.1 topics in the forum. your question has been answered. and yes you can go back to the old fw.
  • @cjdincer

We have FAQ, look at the top menu :-)
  • Hello guys, i'm new to all that i actually had problems with dead pixel on the first GH2 i bought so i m only now ready to upload the hack...Except that i tried and when i push play it doesn t ask me if i want to upgrade the version...But if i put the official update 1.1 in the SD Card it does work...So i suppose it's not a problem coming from my card...

Off course I didn't do the update at 1.1 because i want to use Vitaliy's hack...But I need help on this one...

I'm on a mac i opened ptools i opened firmware v10, check version increment and uploaded SpanMybitchUp...i saved the firmware with the exact same name as the new firmware update...I copy it in my SD card, i push play and nothing happens, it just tells me that there are no pictures to show...
  • @AlexManta

Just use larger increment.
    And try to read Beginners topic next time :-)
    We'll try to move most useful fings to FAQ, but it'll take some time.
  • @vitaliy Thank you for your reply, i tried and put version v21 and same problem...it goes directly to No Valid picture to play...
  • @starstuff it's being accessed by one function or another.
  • @AlexManta Make sure you put two under scores __ and not one _ This is the most common issue.
    Also in pTool make sure you check the version increment box.
  • another 1.1 fw video :

can't stop to be impressed, perfect for commercial shooting... nice low light 1:28 oops haha

(NOT SURE IF IT IS 1.1, BUT IS A VERY RECENT UPLOAD) !EDIT : Its the old Driftwood 132mbps hack.!

have nothing to say but to watch. 0:58 car scene...
  • @phenixone yep i did all that...i don't understand the problem...i would believe it is an SD card problem but if i put the new firmware update .bin file in my card it asks me if i want to update....so it must be with the build i created....
  • @phenixone Hey I've found my problem, It seems i had to update to the new panasonic updated firmware first...Then and only then I was able to upload the Hack in my camera...It's good to know....
  • For those who read this: You need to set the increment inside ptools to 2 in case you get the no valid picture message. Not change the filename.
  • Check the list of firmware updates: the GH2 has been removed! I wonder if they have found a problem?
    http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/download/index.html
  • Download gets an error...
  • confirm, says page not available!
  • edit?
    Sorry i used the wrong link...
  • Really, really weird.
    As if they'll update firmware (and it looks so), all the work up to day will be wasted.
  • Don't think that way, Vitaliy. Your work will give us HBR mode with high bit rates. That's a great and important thing, regardless of whether it's the latest Panasonic firmware or not.
  • Is this for real??? Maybe Panasonic made a New Years Resolution to cut the crap and develop 'real' firmware!

We can wish-- I can also confirm its a dead download link... :-P

Just when I thought that we were going to get a nice new PTool!
  • @alcomposer

Anyway, I have GF2 work to do. :-)
    Plus GF3 is nto far away (of course our post is now in complete stall, but anyway)