Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • another 1.1 fw video :

can't stop to be impressed, perfect for commercial shooting... nice low light 1:28 oops haha

(NOT SURE IF IT IS 1.1, BUT IS A VERY RECENT UPLOAD) !EDIT : Its the old Driftwood 132mbps hack.!

have nothing to say but to watch. 0:58 car scene...
  • @AlexManta Make sure you put two under scores __ and not one _ This is the most common issue.
    Also in pTool make sure you check the version increment box.
  • @starstuff it's being accessed by one function or another.
  • @vitaliy Thank you for your reply, i tried and put version v21 and same problem...it goes directly to No Valid picture to play...
  • @AlexManta

Just use larger increment.
    And try to read Beginners topic next time :-)
    We'll try to move most useful fings to FAQ, but it'll take some time.
  • Hello guys, i'm new to all that i actually had problems with dead pixel on the first GH2 i bought so i m only now ready to upload the hack...Except that i tried and when i push play it doesn t ask me if i want to upgrade the version...But if i put the official update 1.1 in the SD Card it does work...So i suppose it's not a problem coming from my card...

Off course I didn't do the update at 1.1 because i want to use Vitaliy's hack...But I need help on this one...

I'm on a mac i opened ptools i opened firmware v10, check version increment and uploaded SpanMybitchUp...i saved the firmware with the exact same name as the new firmware update...I copy it in my SD card, i push play and nothing happens, it just tells me that there are no pictures to show...
  • @cjdincer

We have FAQ, look at the top menu :-)
  • @tomee21 Read the FW 1.1 topics in the forum. your question has been answered. and yes you can go back to the old fw.
  • Hi there everyone!
    I've got a question and found no topics better suited for it like this. I have a european GH2 (Hungarian) fw 1.0 without hack. I see on the hungarian panasonic site that 1.1 is not available yet, maybe not have been translated yet. My question if it is possible to load the fw 1.1 from the link on the first page although it is not for my country? Or does it count anyway? Another question is if it will be available to hack it (even back to 1.0fw) after 1.1 is installed?
    Thank You & have a nice Christmas to all of You!

Regards,
    Tom
  • Sorry, seems no share the video, in vimeo searh: 'GH2 Night footage 1.1'.
  • I found this in vimeo, very low light to ISO 3,200 using the Panix 20mm 1.7 lens.

• @danyyyel, your math is off. Uncompressed is not 600+ gigabytes per second.
  • no but seriously in my guess this kind of toy is more going to the ag-af100 successor, for maybe cinematographic , panasonic would kill red...

Remember : Now they say, it is a ‘flagship’ and ‘very important’. source : www.eoshd.com

i would want to see a canon c300 rival
  • @starstuff

One day starstuff... one day! Remember... @VK is currently enjoying Eggnog... after he puts his glass down, (or whatever container is customary for Eggnog) then the real work will begin!

Oh- I have just noticed that the Christmas snow balls on P-V hit the bottom of the page and then fade... cute!
  • @Athiril

>I'd like to see 12-bit 4:4:4 H.264, at minimum this would be a profile change of the H.264 encoder, and variable change

If you're talking about the GH2 neither 12-bit or 4:4:4 is supported by the sensor. It's 10-bit and 4:2:2 but as it looks that output ain't accessible for us to use.
  • I would like to see who is going to be able to use uncompressed, not just the bit-rate but the space it is going to use. 600+ gigabyte per second, I don't know if raw is lower buy how much. Some compressed raw like redraw would be much better but even then. It would already be a big big advancement if we get 10 bit and 422. The test from the hdmi output shows just a little improvement from the 66 and in those days highest 132/110 mbit codec. We did not have the 176 driftwood hack in those days.
  • That 64GB Sandisk is pretty fast.

4:2:0 23.976 fps 1080p uncompressed would be ~570 megabit, or ~71 mb/s, without any lossless compression, H.264 has a lossless mode, and then there are things like FFV1 that may be ported to FW in the distant future if wanted. Many lossless codecs can achieve over 2:1 compression ratio as a minimum, some averaging 3:1 or just over 3:1 depending on what space is used.

4:4:4 25 fps 1080p (8-bit) uncompressed would be ~1.2 gigabit, or 148 mb/s, min of 2:1 compression would pull that down under 90 mb/s, and an average of ~3:1 would be very nice. Would be a huge amount of work to port over and implement something like FFV1

HDMI is 4:2:2 from the original data isn't with the GH2 as I recall? I don't think 4:2:2 is a pipe dream. I'd like to see 12-bit 4:4:4 H.264, at minimum this would be a profile change of the H.264 encoder, and variable change.

Anyway seems to be alright at the moment, I would call this secondary to a GH3 with no jello-cam, with the same level of hack quality we have now.
  • @amateur

>Uncompressed raw video to SD CARD would be something to start...

Is this a joke?? You do realize that this would be in the order of 200MB/s. 90MB/s is the fastest now. And there are other standards in the works for faster memory...

Regardless- do you really need "uncompressed raw"...? Seriously? I would say that 4:2:2 is a pipe dream let alone Uncompressed Raw...!
  • New firmware test up to 3200 iso:

• it will not be a big miracle to get a hack on it(YES BETTER FOR SURE) but it offset for for wasted time from pana waiting the GH3

but i don't think it will beat the red in video performance and fuji x100 in picture quality... anyways i would be very surprise, so im not exited so much about it...

Uncompressed raw video to SD CARD would be something to start...
  • Can't wait for the hack/patch for the new 25p firmware. Wasn't overly happy with the results I got shooting on the new High Bit Rate firmware.
  • What's that annoying jitter in this video? Looks like deinterlace/field order problem. It's hard to tell thus is the softness of the picture a result of wrong encoding or is it immanent.
  • nice low light test here:

don't really need to up in iso 3200 to get reasonable look. Not really sure but im sure it is fw 1.1 just need a reply from uploader can someone ask ISO info ?

nice scenes at 0:24, 0:30, (0:40 nice visibility of buildings in the back)
  • @Krolik,

'Are you M'. No I'm not. Sorry
  • @Krolik - Krampus appear in Cameron Jamie's "Kranky Klaus" A brilliant piece of documentary film. Worth the watch if you get the chance.