Personal View site logo
GH2 v1.1 new firmware with 25p discussion topic
  • 637 Replies sorted by
  • Besides the softness I don't like the 1.1's pinky washed out color shift in Christmas tree scene compared to the original warm yellowish glow. Yes, more tests please!

• But this looks almost the same with a little bit more brighter in blacks in 1.1
  • Could it be they adjusted gamma curves a bit?
  • Still waiting for a new hack so my NTSC GH2s can be flashed to use 25P HBR mode. Waiting, waiting, waiting...
  • @zcream

Do not worry.
    I am working on it.
  • thx much vitaliy.
    love from belgium!
  • Ok, I just got my new NTSC GH2 from BH, and im in PAL land. I have just updated it to panasonic v1.1 firmware. I would like to select 25P but obviously I need to do a hack. Can I hack the GH2 with my mac, or does it need to be done on a pc? Keen to try the best avchd options as well as hbr long gop options. Is there a best setup guide?

Thanks in advance.

fyi. I tried to update the v1.1 firmware on the 64gb 95MB card and it would not work. Always wanted to reformat the card. Worked first time on 32BG 30MB card no formatting needed, direct from the box.

GH2 NTSC, TV Logic 5.6", Pix240, FCP7, CS5.5, i7 MBP 17", sandisk 30mb and 95mb sd cards, Rode video mic pro, 14-135mm primes, 14-140 zoom.
  • to get 25p u select HBR (1.1) the firmware with pal isn't hacked yet, we are busy with that =)
    so u go 24p hacked or wait with 25 firmware till vitaliy gets his work done =)
  • @zcream
    If you want it faster, maybe donate a few more times to speed up progress... (and to thank VK)
    (not saying that you haven't already donated... but all the same donate again!)
  • @milada
    thank you to have taked your time to do it RESPECT!
  • Thanks for the update. I just donated again, to help the cause...
    Is there anyway to get 25P with any existing firmware now for my ntsc model or just 1080i 25 or 50 or 720 50P maybe? What would be the most stable hack be and can i do this via a mac?
    I cant seem to find anyone talking about doing this via a mac as the file is an .exe and everyone talks about final cut etc.

Should I revert to v1.0 firmware and if so is this straight forward, and then which firmware do i go for? Will this then give me 25P?
  • @DVANZ

You can revert any time as I know, just use bigger increment.
    Otherwise you need just wait for new PTool with v1.11 support.
  • @DVANZ you can use a mac to apply the hack. Make sure you have X11 or XQuartz installed and run ptool.exe in wine. I use the Wine binary that comes packaged with WineBottler, but have never bothered with the 'bottling' part - probably only really useful for something you want to redistribute.
  • @DVANZ

I think you are confused with the firmware version.

Version 1.0 (Hackable)
    - Your camera shipped with firmware 1.0 which DOESN'T have 25P.
    Firmware 1.0 is hackable with Ptool and allow you to switch between PAL/NTSC and many other goodies like higher bitrate etc.. BUT it still DOESN'T give you 25P.

Version 1.1(Unhackable as of now)
    - THis is a free upgrade firmware from Panasonic. After you upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1, you will have additional 25P or 30P by selecting HBR in the menu setting. However, since your camera is a NTSC version, you will only have 30P instead of 25P. Original PAL GH2 will have 25P with version 1.1 upgrade.

So if you want 25P, none of what's available today will work for you until VK unleashed the new PTool for v1.1.

Ptool with Mac is not a problem. Just download winebottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

• @alcomposer Donated couple of days ago.
  • @zcream

Sorry about the tone,... but @VK is not Santa... He is real man who works seriously hard and its not the nicest thing to write on 'his' forum 'waiting waiting waiting'....

Its the holiday season FFS! @VK should be enjoying a nice Eggnog,.. before anyone gets cross about Eggnog being American, its not- its based on a Medieval European drink ;-)
  • but @VK is not Santa..
    LOL
  • @alcomposer

After drinking a bottle of eggnog I realized you‘ve shattered all my dreams! The whole time I thought VK was the real Santa. Everytime he releases a new Version of PTool feels like christmas to me. So I was hoping of celebrating another christmas maybe this or else next year…
  • This one?

(Sorry for cluttering.. ;)
    rf-mammoth.jpg
    766 x 1015 - 49K
  • Now that would be good timing for VK! I wonder if he could stop himself from releasing the update on Christmas day... ! :D
  • I think VK will unleash it on Christmas day.

• If he does release it on Christmas day, the whole VK is NOT Santa argument is going to take a hit...
  • Tinker toys for the grown ups! Hoo hoo hooray.
  • Santa Kiselev!
    PTool
    Eggnog
    Headache
    I better go to sleep
  • i think VK's holidays would to be more relax and keep away for a little that forum.... if a fw for the 25 is coming it can be welcome .... Everybody just let's donate for those who can, minimum 5$ :D....
    it is christmas ...