Personal View site logo
GF2 Hack collecting
  • GF2 is likely to be the only GF model with a hotshoe and a touchscreen. It has a stereo mic-in and an accessory port for DMW-LVF1 eyepiece, too. It deserves sorta collector's edition, but it's getting dirt cheap right now.

Here's great news for GF2 owners. Vitaliy just needs two GF2 units delivered to him so that he can begin dumping firmware for hacking.

Let's raise money for him. Whoever donating will be helping themselves, too. Hacked GF2 will kick ass!!!
  • 88 Replies sorted by
  • $0 remaining.
    Topic closed.
    I'll open one in development section as soon as I'll get bodies.
  • $20 Bux donated. That should cover it now.
  • I just sent $10 as well.
    Only panasonic in my stable at the moment is an old VHS-C Palmcorder, but it has manual shutter etc...

Looking forward to seeing what can be done with a GF2.

• juste made a small 10$ contribution. Thank you Vitaliy for your work!
  • @stockhausen $10 is not cheap at all.

contributing nothing but getting excited about GF2 hack.. thats cheap.
  • ok I was noticing a slow down in momentum on the donating, and felt cheap about my $10 previous donation so here is another 20 to hopefully get it over the hump. looking forward to reading some news on decryption soon :]
  • We are very close to required sum (we need $580+double fees).
    Now we are at $575(minus fees).
    In fact, bodies had been already sent to me.
  • oh yes!!! will donate this weekend!...i'M EXCITED!!!
  • We are at $560 (minus fees)
  • Probably it's possible to add photo features but the hack and the work here is geared to videographers

Bye
  • @LongJohnSilver

Does that mean it's not possible to add features for photos, or just that more attention has been paid to providing video functionality?
  • I just donated to the cause as I have a GF2. My wishlist for the hack..
    Time lapse function (picture every __ seconds) - or really low frame rate video
    disable touch screen! Touch screen drives me nuts..
    Better autobracket range? +/- 3
  • I would definetly donate for a gf3 hack. Maybe after the gf2 is done someone can look into this.
  • @CobyD Sorta. The video flicker setting works in some modes.
  • @tonycpsu

Here all the hacks have been aimed always toward video capabilities. They never touched photo settings.

Best
  • We are at $545 (minus fees)
  • $50 donated. My wish list is all for video: full control of settings like ISO, aperture and shutter speed, along with 1080p24 (or even 720p24) and higher bitrates.

I also posted this on Mu-43.com so hopefully some interested people over there will come donate.
  • Vitaly,

Will this hack improve the quality of the JPEG images off the camera? One major complaint about the GF2 is that the RAW images are really sharp, but JPEGs are lack-luster in sharpness and detail. Is this hack just aimed at video settings, or will it improve things like JPEG output as well?

Or, what about a bulb/manual shutter hack? That would be very nice.
  • @Stonebat: need a clarification ... are you saying that the GF2's shutter is already controllable through the 'flicker' setting that you referred to?
  • This is exciting. The GF2 is an amazing camera but suffers from having no manual control over the video settings. If we could control ISO, shutter, aperture it would make a huge difference. 24fps and higher bitrates would also be nice!

I'm donating as soon as I can tonight.
  • Comment moved to GF2 B-camera thread.
  • donated too!!!
    i´m´really looking forward to having the poor video quality improved. with manual controls the gf2 could be a great camera. hope this will work!
  • We are at $460 (minus fees)
  • Have donated as well for this great project - looking forward to be able to use the ISO for video mode as well like GH2 users can do ... Hope you can start soon!
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions