Personal View site logo
What do we know about the novel coronavirus?
  • 3274 Replies sorted by
  • New round of HCQ wars

A malaria drug taken by US president Donald Trump to prevent Covid-19 did not show any benefit in reducing coronavirus infection among healthcare workers, according to clinical trial results published on Wednesday.

The study largely confirms results from a clinical trial in June that showed hydroxychloroquine was ineffective in preventing infection among people exposed to the new coronavirus.

In the study of 125 participants, four who had taken hydroxychloroquine as a preventative treatment for eight weeks contracted Covid-19, and four on placebo tested positive for the virus.

All eight were either asymptomatic or had mild symptoms that did not require hospitalisation, according to the results published in the JAMA Internal Medicine journal.

The research shows that routine use of the drug cannot be recommended among healthcare workers to prevent Covid-19, researchers from the University of Pennsylvania said.

In the latest trial, which was terminated before it could reach its enrolment target of 200 participants, mild side-effects such as diarrhoea were more common in participants taking the malaria drug compared with a placebo.

"Logic" here is astonishing, as I do not remember Trump talking about HCQ totally preventing infection, but just keeping it mild and going down fast.

Also, by selecting participants (age conditions) you can get any results you want, especially as results are only relevant on such numbers if you infect all of them at the same time using same controlled method and it is not the case here. All they had are some random infections that can screw all results.

• Mordor

People are running into cash and closing bank accounts.

sa14849.jpg
    800 x 432 - 67K
  • Trump claims to have COVID

• I got the same info on whatsapp. Both trump and wife.

• @zcream

Won't be concerned about Trump, but care more about usual poor people who are cut from hospitals even if they don't have COVID.

sa14855.jpg
    696 x 375 - 29K
  • Asked about hydroxychloroquine, Dr. Conley said that while Trump had asked about the medication, it wasn't prescribed. He refused to offer more details.

War on HCQ, round 176.

• Mordor chart

It is expected that we'll overshoot previous peak more than 2x times within next week.

sa14892.jpg
    800 x 438 - 52K
  • India and South Africa want the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to waive intellectual property rules to make it easier for developing countries to produce or import Covid-19 drugs, a letter to the WTO shows.

In the letter dated 2 October, the two countries called on the global trade body to waive parts of the Agreement on Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS), which governs patents, trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property rules globally.

“As new diagnostics, therapeutics and vaccines for COVID-19 are developed, there are significant concerns (over) how these will be made available promptly, in sufficient quantities and at (an) affordable price to meet global demand,” it says.

The countries said developing nations were disproportionately affected by the pandemic and that intellectual property rights, including patents, could be a barrier to the provision of affordable medicine.

The letter asks that the WTO’s Council for TRIPS recommends a waiver to the General Council, the WTO’s top decision-making body in Geneva, “as early as possible”.

• Mordor news

• For each diagnosed coronavirus patient it is around 3 that also have virus but can't make the test (as people are divided into special categories).
    • Schools will go into distant mode until at least May 2021 soon
    • Regions try to save small and medium business (that can't be saved) instead of improving medicine and people life
    • Situation is deteriorating fast, main media continue anti mask propaganda using sports guys, bloggers and leading media influencers (with official mask mode enforcement)

sa14906.jpg
    706 x 586 - 48K
  • Usual Chinese citizens in Moscow airport

Arrival in China

Still full 14 days locked in hotel (you pay for it).

sa14904.jpg
    784 x 586 - 93K
    sa14905.jpg
    797 x 593 - 76K
  • trump didn't take hydroxy....he took a new over the counter drug I haven't heard about , or maybe I just missed it....Famotidine https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.28.20203463v1

• Famotidine is Pepcid...acid indigestion medicine.

914-oLkluyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    1500 x 1411 - 438K
  • UK Excel incident :-)

sa14914.jpg
    800 x 606 - 85K
  • New attempt to discredit animals and alienate people towards them

Numerous animals may be vulnerable to SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, according to a large study modelling how the virus might infect different animals' cells, led by UCL researchers.

The study, published in Scientific Reports, reports evidence that 26 animals regularly in contact with people may be susceptible to infection.

Note that it is "may be" and scientists actually did not made even single test.

Yet research is fully paid and ordered by people who provided grant for it.

• European countries face shortages of Covid-19 drug remdesivir. European countries are facing shortages of Covid-19 drug remdesivir because limited supplies are running out, with cases surging and the US having bought up most of drugmaker Gilead’s output.

Corporation managed to push the drug, no matter the efficiency.

• Mordor update

In first 7 months population decreased by 316 thousands.

Official coronavirus deaths - around 22 thousands, deaths due to medicine becoming very hard to access or totally closed - around 200 thousands. Births reduction and rise of abortions is hard to calculate, but it is around 100 thousands. New marriages reduction is around 3-4x times compared to usual.

For comparison - our "fighters for freedom" in 80s told that 14.4 thousands of deaths in Afgan war (in 10 years time) is exceptional tragedy. Now same people tell that it is no biggie to have such numbers in almost one week time. Total Mordor losses for 20 years are from 8,1 million (if you count migration) to 15 millions if you don't.

• The Nobel Prize in Chemistry was jointly awarded on Wednesday to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A. Doudna for their 2012 work on the development of Crispr-Cas9, a method for genome editing.

This was the tool used to make COVID, so i think it is symbolic prize by ruling class.

• neanderthal genes.... https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2818-3 ...so a hundred dollar test and we identify who would get real sick ?

• Acid reducer like pepcid, omeprazole plays tricks with your mind, and the side effects linger long after you stop taking them. Throw in corticoids like dexamethasone which also plays tricks, I do not know when you sit next to a big red button.

• Congratulations 100 pages of this shit virus!!! I wonder 10 years from now how this thread would look like? Crimes against humanity , big hoax from medics and media, massive shutdown of the system? A big laugh that’s what I wanna see!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bix44C1EzY

Lol, video is With Anime evangelion music in the background.

• @kurth

I am more inclined to side with you and US conservatives looking at facts.

Just look at my last post here above, Nobel prize is like spit into humanity face, where elites tell that they will even award prize to their scientists for making main tool that made creation of such things possible.

Media again started to posting and promoting this shite. I propose to use lifelong sentence for publication editor for publishing any such disinfection photos with good words under it.

sa14973.jpg
    800 x 484 - 86K
  • More than 80% of people who tested positive in a national coronavirus survey in the UK had none of the core symptoms of the disease the day they took the test.

The finding has prompted fears among scientists that future Covid-19 outbreaks will be hard to control without more widespread testing in the community to pick up “silent transmission”

Stealthy virus.

Researchers at University College London said 86.1% of infected people picked up by the Office for National Statistics Covid-19 survey between April and June had none of the main symptoms of the illness – a cough, or a fever, or a loss of taste or smell the day they had the test.

What this shit is about? How about tell us if they ever got ANY symptoms.