Personal View site logo
Z-CAM E1 Camera 100 Mbps hack for 4K DCI (fw v0.31)
  • 382 Replies sorted by
  • And that's 25p inside 60i?

• @zcream I'm not sure it's 4:4:4, but it's 10-bit - I've checked gradient curve levels

• @storyboardcreativity how do you know it's 10-bit 444 over hdmi? It could be 8bit 420 in wrapper

• So if I unsterdtand well what you are saying, e1 outputs only 50 or 60? So exit cinematic look at 25fps and shutter at 50?? And what will do the script you talk about? And how to build it? Thanks

• @hugobors

You'll have to make a script to remove duplicate frames from Shuttle 2 recording result

• Thanks for your answer So e1 outputs is 1080p 10bits 4.4.4 (shuttle will record 4.2.2) but what about frame rate? I will want to record 1080p 25fps. Is it possible or only 50 or 60fps possible??

• Is there better quality if you record uncompressed hdmi?

• @hugobors

I have Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 too. Checked, video is true 1920x1080 10-bit.

• Hello, I've just bought a Blackmagic Hyperdeck Shuttle 2 to record e1 hdmi output. @storyboardcreativity, do you know now if it's 10bits out of e1? and what resolutions and frame rate? Thanks Hugues

• To reset to the factory settings you need to do the following:

1. Please press shutter+power+menu buttons at the same time until you can see there is a "test" in OLED then you can release the three buttons above.

2. Then camera will enter the factory mode, please go to the "factory reset" and click on it

3. At last, you can restart the camera by pressing the "power " button to use the camera again.

• apparently there are always outliers.I have 3 pcs E1

2 E1 have a rough layer of varnish they are okay ... top picture without the artifacts you mentioned,

my3 e1 had a smooth varnish and is according to serien later,

rustling photos are not usable video is ok as long as there is enough light.

At the E1, you have to live with such shortcomings

try a reset to the factory settings

• @storyboardcreativity

You mentioned above that you don’t get weird color artifacts as long as the camera is cold and recording externally (presumably because of less noise?)

Is there anything we can do about that? would you be able to output raw? Like cinema DNG or something? Does MJPEG still suffer from the color splotching?

• caution !!!! the new Zcam andoid app for the E2 also works with the E1, but be careful not to switch on a live image while the app on the e1 crashes or live image from händie ? , It works via sta mode, the sta mode can only be activated via iphone so far, On standart wifi mode extremely unstable the connection works only very rarely, haven't found a reason yet some functions are inactive or work differently

• i make on this weekend 720P240 and 960p120 Record with diffrent Firmware 0.28 0.30 and 0.31

• An my Crop Demo for E1 for understand the 1080p 30 / 60 crop Jump for 2+2 sensor hardware binning

• 2 Link to Youtube E1 slomo Video

and to my horror 120 Fps video under FW 0.31 without hack

• Guys, please, if you have (or can find) old firmware files (before 0.28), post them here. It's very important for me and helpful for reverse-engineering.

• I'm new to this site and probably violating a rule by post this here, but I like the people in this thread and wanted to offer to you guys first. I am selling my E1 on Ebay. It is listed at $349 USD, but if you let me know you are from personal-view, I will accept a $250 offer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Z-CAM-E1-Ultra-High-Definition-Digital-Camera-4K-UHD-24FPS-16MP-MFT-Lens-Mount/254694133119

• @Bob_Hawk

Can you shoot 120 fps videos on 0.31 and 0.30 and give me to check? If quality is really different, I'll compare 0.30 and 0.31 and make patches. Maybe I can make 0.32 version for users :)

• The presumably marketing to increase the distance to E2 What wonder under E2 came The Slog back For fast Work flow

• from FW 0.30 to 0.31 did zcam something strange. I have a 120fps recording with Fw0.30 and good image quality, under Fw 0.31 true 120fps horror. just like the SLog mode was changed from 0.30 at 0.31 to Zlog. If you install 0.30 or 0.28, Zlog and poor 120Fps quality are retained. I'll delete the RAM buffered with backup and see if the slog and good image quality comes back at 120 fps

• @benolayinka, unfortunatelly, no. It's very difficult to find out how sensor modes are changed (we don't have special manual about Panasonic sensor and it's registers).

• Hey @storyboardcreativity, did you ever get that 120fps true resolution hack working? I film a lot of slow mo and the artifacts from the z1 kill me.. the quality difference between 1080p 60fps and the "720p" 120fps is insane

• @Ksanford, unfortunatelly, zLog is VERY BAD in this camera. It's really shitty because of 8-bit color and H.264 compression. It can be usable only when your camera is cold and while you record video through external HDMI recorder.