Personal View site logo
Mac: PTool, How to store settings files
  • I am using Wine in OSX to create a version of PTools that runs on the mac. I have used this ever since I started with the GH1 and now the GH2. Of course it works fine, but the caveat is I have to always manually input settings rather than if this was running natively on Windows where the settings automatically populate PTool when in the same folder. Does anyone know how I do this with Wine or is it just the limits of using PTool on a mac.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • @Bogie

Can you see how old is this topic?
    You don't need any INI files.
    Download zipped patch settings, click on any round button, select patch and it'll be improted.
  • Still can NOT get it. So frustrating. Here's what I've been doing:

Running ptools 3.63D
    Loading original GH2_V10.bin

The setX.ini files will NOT appear. Tried placing them in every damn folder around. Help?
  • Thanks for that. I was making it into an app, instead of just running it. Your suggestions all worked well
  • No problem here all in the same folder and go.
  • rsquires,

I too run Ptools using wine on mac OSX 10.6.8 snow leopard. What I did was create a folder which has the "Ptools .exe file", the "GH1__132.bin file" and all of the "Set.ini" files within it.

Next when I run the "Ptools .exe file by clicking on it within the folder I call "GH1 hack folder" with the "GH1__132.bin" file and "Set.ini"files also within it , a wine window appears.

Under the"What would you like to do with it?" topic I Choose "Run directly in(/Users/ "Your Name here"/Winefiles)"
    and click "go" at the bottom of the screen.

When the "Ptools v3,XX program appears it shows up with nothing in it. Click "Load Firmware" and if the "GH1__132.bin" file was in the same folder as the "Ptools.exe" file , the "GH1__132.bin" file will show up as a selection.

After the "GH1__132.bin" file has loaded, If the "Set.ini" files were also in the same folder as the "Ptools.exe" and "GH1__132.bin" files, they should automatically populate their perspective letters at the bottom of Ptools. All you have to do is click on the lettered hack you want to load.
  • I have no problems using the .ini files using Mac/Wine with two different cameras. It probably depends on how you are using Wine.

I own the TS7 and GH2 and I simply created two separate folders on my Mac - one for each camera. I have a copy of Ptool3.exe in each folder along with the relevant .ini and .bin files. Depending on the camera hack I'm working on, I just use Finder to navigate to the correct folder and double-click Ptool3.exe. Everything loads/saves and functions as it should.

I don't have much experience with Macs, I might have misunderstood your question.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions