Personal View site logo
Mac: PTool, How to store settings files
  • I am using Wine in OSX to create a version of PTools that runs on the mac. I have used this ever since I started with the GH1 and now the GH2. Of course it works fine, but the caveat is I have to always manually input settings rather than if this was running natively on Windows where the settings automatically populate PTool when in the same folder. Does anyone know how I do this with Wine or is it just the limits of using PTool on a mac.
  • 6 Replies sorted by
  • I have no problems using the .ini files using Mac/Wine with two different cameras. It probably depends on how you are using Wine.

I own the TS7 and GH2 and I simply created two separate folders on my Mac - one for each camera. I have a copy of Ptool3.exe in each folder along with the relevant .ini and .bin files. Depending on the camera hack I'm working on, I just use Finder to navigate to the correct folder and double-click Ptool3.exe. Everything loads/saves and functions as it should.

I don't have much experience with Macs, I might have misunderstood your question.
  • rsquires,

I too run Ptools using wine on mac OSX 10.6.8 snow leopard. What I did was create a folder which has the "Ptools .exe file", the "GH1__132.bin file" and all of the "Set.ini" files within it.

Next when I run the "Ptools .exe file by clicking on it within the folder I call "GH1 hack folder" with the "GH1__132.bin" file and "Set.ini"files also within it , a wine window appears.

Under the"What would you like to do with it?" topic I Choose "Run directly in(/Users/ "Your Name here"/Winefiles)"
    and click "go" at the bottom of the screen.

When the "Ptools v3,XX program appears it shows up with nothing in it. Click "Load Firmware" and if the "GH1__132.bin" file was in the same folder as the "Ptools.exe" file , the "GH1__132.bin" file will show up as a selection.

After the "GH1__132.bin" file has loaded, If the "Set.ini" files were also in the same folder as the "Ptools.exe" and "GH1__132.bin" files, they should automatically populate their perspective letters at the bottom of Ptools. All you have to do is click on the lettered hack you want to load.
  • No problem here all in the same folder and go.
  • Thanks for that. I was making it into an app, instead of just running it. Your suggestions all worked well
  • Still can NOT get it. So frustrating. Here's what I've been doing:

Running ptools 3.63D
    Loading original GH2_V10.bin

The setX.ini files will NOT appear. Tried placing them in every damn folder around. Help?
  • @Bogie

Can you see how old is this topic?
    You don't need any INI files.
    Download zipped patch settings, click on any round button, select patch and it'll be improted.
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions