Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 3
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @B3Guy Qualitywise: seaquake = best but no span, aquamotion middle plus span, spanmybitchup = lowest possible intra with spanning.
  • Hey, @Driftwood . . . did you ever figure out that rogue .MTS file from the other day? Also, I'm a little confused as to the max quality GOP1 settings. Is SeaQuake really the best? (I thought it was intended to span, which you thought would not be as good of quality as some other non-span patches?)
  • @JDN - reAcquainted is long gone from my ini folder - that was so last week. ;)

Thanks though, I noticed I didn't save the settings correctly - here it is again:

setg.ini.zip
    892B
  • @driftwood I tried reformating the card numerous times still does it. Gonna keep on playing around with it..
  • @Hallvalla, if you got a sec can you throw MPEG Timelapse onto reacquainted v2 for all us doc/event shooters?
  • Driftwood's seAQuake (latest) + MPEG Timelapse. Thanks Driftwood - I've just loaded seAQuake, can't wait to try it.

setg.ini.zip
    797B
  • @driftwood et al.
    which is the current king for highest quality 1080 24H? reaquainted? sequake? aquamotion?
  • @pchristoph That's great mate, thanks for testing it.
  • @Driftwood
    SPANmyBITCHup - first impression after testing today...absolutely brilliant for doc and wedding work
    Spans on Panasonic Gold 16gb (30minutes continuous record time)
    Steadicam - solid @ f11 on panny 14-140mm high detailed scenes
    Clips playback showing steady 58-59mbps on my PS3
    SeAQuake is fantastic for the top quality short scenes...like 'wow' quality.
    dude - thanks for your amazing work.

• Problematic card, Ive been shoting with the same lens with no probs. As a test try shooting in full manual mode and let me know if it records longer on your card.
    @TrackZillas You say READ errors? Have you popped it into the computer and copied it over to HD and into NLE editor? Should be fine. In camera playback and sd card into TV or other device cannot cope with the high bitrate - ie you will get brewakup on hi detail scenes - but theyre fine in the edit :-)
  • @driftwood Just did a shoot with the new SeAquake it gave me card read errors every 30seconds, or sometimes every 1minute. Lens used Pani 20mm f1.7 not sure what's the cause, ooh almost forgot using the 45mb/s sandisk card.
  • @driftwood Just did a shoot with the new SeAquake it gave me card read errors every 30seconds, or sometimes every 1minute. Lens used Pani 20mm f1.7 not sure what's the cause, ooh almost forgot using the 45mb/s sandisk card.
  • @driftwood
    OK! :-)
    I will readjust frame buffers and bitrate settings at first.
    Next, I will try.
  • @driftwood -- one of our regular DPs is actually getting a bit ticked off at the quality of the results your producing. We may very well ditch the f800 and do the rest of the doc on gh2s. You and Vitaliy have certainly earned your place in the credits. (oh, and thanks for the dedication -- just in time for interviews I'm doing next week!).
  • @bkmcwd Try utilising AQ2 or AQ3 too.
  • @testor I looked at your 'spanmybitchup' file 00004.mts and it shows fine on elecard and streamparser - ignore details on windows file properties - its reporting it wrong. Streamparser defo tells you its 1:05:40 seconds long. Here look for yourself on these graphs. Its a nice recording in all!!!
    testor's 'spanmybitchuptest' on file 00004 mts - streamparser.png
    1296 x 677 - 84K
    testor's 'spanmybitchuptest' on file 00004 mts - elecard buffer analysis.png
    1371 x 785 - 69K
  • @driftwood
    Thanks for your advice! ;-)
    I do instantly.

I think that the frame buffers are not enough...This is my homework!!!
  • @driftwood
    Wooooooooow!!!
    It is just like that!
    I was not testing with an old chart recently...
    It will be how when a more intense stress starts with Stray's chart?
    You understand where should be corrected?
    Is this frame size difficult after all...?
  • AQuamotion v2 - Good quality INTRA - Outdoor 1080p24H test. Holds up very well and spans! :-)
    AQuamotion v2 - Elecard buffer analysis.png
    1368 x 800 - 79K
    AQuamotion v2 - streamparser.png
    1298 x 683 - 406K
  • @bkmcwd Have you done a recent death chart test on your 1080p24H setting? It drops to an average of 60M after 10 seconds. Look here at this quick test I conducted. bkmcwd v seaquake on pappas death chart test.
    Average frame rate over the seconds for seaquake is constant and reports around 100M on the buffer.

At the moment bkmcwd your GOP3 is only slightly better than the spanning patch AQuamotion v2 - see below.

I suggest readjusting some of your Hi Top / Low Top settings and/or frame buffers. Something aint right.
    GOP3 v INTRA GOP1 - bkmcwd GOP3 - test Streamparser.png
    1296 x 683 - 87K
    GOP3 v INTRA GOP1 - 'seaquake' INTRA - test streamparser.png
    1297 x 682 - 85K
    GOP3 v INTRA GOP1 - bkmcwd GOP3 - test Elecard Video Buffer.png
    1376 x 859 - 82K
    GOP3 v INTRA GOP1 - 'seaquake' INTRA - test Elecard Video Buffer.png
    1375 x 801 - 73K
  • @Jspatz
    Of course, YES! :-)
    It's quite obvious.
  • @testor that file site you use is slow - 2 and a half hours to download this. :-) Use dropbox!!!
  • u got a pm
  • @bkmcwd
    Are you saying "with driftwood tune" is better quality than your previous version?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions