Personal View site logo
Panasonic G80 / G85 / G8 4K 5-axis stab magnesium monster
  • 511 Replies sorted by
  • I really hope Panasonic can give the G80/G85 the IS Lock function the GH5 just received. It's a really nice feature. Wishful thinking or possible?

• I own G80 and it's wonderfull camera for its price. Better resolution and better low light over GH4. For its price it's unbeatable. If you are for semi-pro camera and you are not on tight budget, definitely go for GH5. It has some great features that lower models don't have.

• While I was waiting for GH5 I thought G80 has the same sensor and 4K full sensor read. I start to consider to get one now and it looks like non of this come true?

• So will it get over 2h if IBIS off? Thats great! thanks

• Yes, but battery last longer if IBIS is Off.

• Will constant recording on full battery get over 2H or closer to 1.5h?

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-G85 Camera w/12-60mm F/3.5-5.6 G Lens Black W/$100 Gift Card for $998

at https://www.adorama.com/ipcdmcg85kgc.html

• @Doctor The Mitakon lens turbo II fd/mft I've bought here at personal-view.com works perfect on the G80/G81/G85. No issues at all.

• THX :) What is the main /specifcations / difference between EU PAL vs PAL ?

For deal one you can record 4K 24/24/30fps without any time limits or such.

• @Doctor Used Panasonic g85 with Mitakon LTII NG/MFT with Nikon lenses, no problem.

• Can anyone confirm if the Mitakon Lens Turbo II is compatible with the Panasonic G85?

• @Dusty42 12-60 kit is metal mount.

• For those who already got the camera (g85 specifically), is the kit lens's lens mount made of metal or plastic?

• At a push I could afford the GH5, if I sold my GH4. As it stands It would be hard for the type of work I do to justify spending that extra £1000 for the gh5 over the g80. My issue would be regretting not getting the GH5 now to future proof myself as i can see it only getting better and better with the future firmware updates like the 400mb 4k and such like. I would hate to be sitting here in 6 months looking at amazing footage with the gh5 knowing I could have pushed myself to purchase it.

At the end of the day as I have said earlier, I want at least the same level of quality footage on my 24p 4k footage from the g80 that I get from my GH4, and with the IBIS i would in theory be very happy..

• I sold my GH4 and have had a G85 for about a week. To me, Image quality in 4k is better than GH4, and the IBIS is incredible. But, battery life is less, and I have not been able to get peaking to work the way I liked in the GH4. I am still experimenting with settings, but shooting same scenes with same glass as GH4 the G85 peaking is not as easy to see on screen.

• @Imackreath You have to decide what is important to you. I hate the crop in 4K on the GH4 G85 is better and GH5 is even better. High ISOs are better on the G85 and than of course there is IBIS which to some of us is huge. How important is slomo to you 60 vs 96 vs 180? The lists go on it really is dependent on your needs vs desires vs cash on hand : )

• @Imackreath

From the GH4 it's a huge upgrade in my eyes. But the GH5 is on an entirely different level so if you can afford it, the GH5 has everything you need and more.

• Not so much. Image is almost the same. But GH4 have plenty of features and G80 have Ibis. I recently shot with both cameras a live event and you can't say when is GH4 and when G80. Cine D in booth and they intercut really well.

• So most are treating the g80 as an actual upgrade to the gh4 in many ways?