Personal View site logo
Panasonic Lumix GH5 Testing Requests
  • 109 Replies sorted by
  • @samuelcabral

I will test what I can, but the firmware isn't at top performance yet for tracking AF but when I played with it before, it was very good already.

Any tests I do will be with this pre-production firmware and not reflective of the final performance of the camera.

@Ralph_B

I did see that, and want to know for myself as well ;) I'll make sure to test both modes at different iso's and post full and 100% crops as uncompressed as it will allow me to!

• I saw a GH5 video that was shot at high ISO at 3328x2496 4:3 anamorphic mode (although with a normal spherical lens). The shooter claimed this had less noise than the same scene shot at 3840x2160 16:9. Could you test to see if this is true? Shoot a low light scene at ISO 6400 and maybe 12800 in both modes with the same lens and aperture. Thanks.

• Also curious about the continuos AF performance. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

• @aked

I will compare the 12-35 f2.8 to the 12-60 non-Leica to the 12-60 leica

• How does the 12-60 compare to the 12-35

• @neveraholiday I will pass this on to the engineers and hopefully hear back in good time!

@aked I have a ronin-m and will definitely run those tests for you! I've done a test with my g85 with ibis on and off on the ronin and the Ibis actually works well to mute the vertical motion normally introduced with such movements.

Looking forward to seeing how the gh5 handles this

• Hi @tylerknight, If you have worked with Gimbals before, I would be interested how the Double Stabilization system compares to handheld when you walk or shoot in a car driving over a bumpy road. Also focus with a dog running towards you, if the AF keeps the dog in focus. Thanks.

Also interesting would be, what SD cards can be used.

• Hi Tyler. It would be great to know, how Panasonic is planning to sync timecode with other devices. They mention this should be possible. How will you get timecode from external recorders in and out of the GH5? I could see a feature, where you could use mic in and headphone out for LTC. Thanks for checking or giving feedback to Panasonic about this important isssue.