Personal View site logo
  • 192 Replies sorted by
  • @feha

Who makes the lens gear on you lens in that photo?

• I got my rig , cage and iFocus ... Fantastic quality ... Soon will make a video review

gini_cage_ff_4.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 401K
    gini_cage_ff_2.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 752K
    cage.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 701K
    rig.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 754K
    gini_cage_ff_3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 504K
  • Seems like Gini Rigs is working on a more complete site.

• I've got a gini rig and was looking for a new shoulderpad. thanks for the alternatives above

• Gini has many new interesting products: http://search.ebay.com/?sass=gini-2011&ht=-1

Especially the new cages looks interesting and a rig that has shoulder bad with mount holes.

I think prices are very reasonable, especially for the cages.

cage.JPG
    398 x 400 - 17K
    rig.JPG
    400 x 298 - 16K
  • This one is very popular:
    http://www.lanparte.com/En/Productview.asp?SID=53&ID=56

I use this, cheap and very comfy! Just be careful not to rip it when you put it on:
    http://www.cinegearpro.com/soft-shoulder-pad.html
  • I have Gini Rig, but dislike the shoulder pad. I remember someone saying there was a replacement that most get.. can anyone point me in its direction?!
  • Have any one tried new follow focus from Gini ?
    "New follow focus, 0.8 gear Custom made gear box"
    Any experience ?
  • Here is the pic of my rig. It can be made just using tent polls $15 and plug wire clamps $10 and legos as a follow focus. I use this one when im running and gunning. I also have a blue one i use to cover wedding ceremonies in just a stationary position and its larger. The Lego follow focus is smooth and reliable.

IMG_1399.jpg
    3456 x 5184 - 1M
  • @TheMonk
    You could just configure it that way. How far away "behind" the rig are you planing on having the shoulder pad? I just configured a basic straight rig, is that what you are thinking off? (sorry for the crappy pic).

• @cordvision

Do you have inline/straight versions of your rigs?
  • I would grab one if I was looking for one! Cheap! I picked up a Gini some months ago. It's very sturdy, and the material they use is first class!
  • That will still take awhile. The project is in its infant stages, and I don't have a price estimate yet. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready, but don't hold out for it since there's no shipping date as of now.
  • @ cordvision

Hit me up once you have them available. What's the estimated price? Will the 25% discount be viable?

Thanks.
  • that is actually one thing I'm working on. Shipping costs are prohibitive, so I decided to manufacture some locally. Stay tuned :)
  • @ cordvision

what about counter balance weights? Didn't see any on your website...
  • Here are some pictures of the rigs :)
    EasyShooterP2_01.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 164K
    EasyShooterS1_01.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 152K
  • Hello Everybody
    I moved from Switzerland to the U.S. a few years ago, and I'm working on getting my own small business up on its feet. I'm importing slightly customized rigs to the U.S. and I'm also working on my own accessories that get machined locally. If you are interested in a rig, and don't want to deal with overseas shipping and would prefer to have local support (if you are a U.S. resident), check my store here:

• Rod diameters should be industry standard AFAIK. 15mm I believe
  • my rig arrived today - took just 5 days. Looks great!

Novice question, but are the rod diameters/clamps etc all a standard size between rig manufacturers? ie can i easily add to the rig, or would i need to buy more gini products to do that (which is hard because you don't often see single parts)
  • So after many days of sending messages and no replies, Gini finally sent me a revised invoice for the counterbalance. Shipping cost is around 18-20 dollars if combining with the rig.
  • @tonalt I sure hope they redesign it....the current model is pretty crappy....first generation stuff. Lots of backlash, can't change sides, very few adjustment....anyone interested I can put up my usual crappy video.
  • @pinger007
    Yes, the weights are easy to drill through since they're lead, sealed in a vinyl pouch. However, drilling into them exposes the lead, which could become an environmental hazard. Note that the weights come with two thin slots cut through them, which a thin nylon belt could be threaded through.