Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • I think that this adapter is not so good. Blue spots and many other kind of reflection hare unpredictables, and impose to change framing and lighting every time.

• Hello, Yes, I knew about that. But all the articles I read about this defect, explain that the blue-spot spot can appear in some occasio n, depending by the lens. About my thests, it come out almost in Evert light condition, plus some other artifact. So, everyone told me that RJ and Zhongyi hare pretty the same, it's not true at all?

• The optical designer of the Metabones adapter explains in http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57298075 that this is due to reflections internal to the lens.

There are reports, for instance, that the Zhongyi / Mitakon Lens Turbo II was specifically redesigned (over its previous generation) to not produce blue spots (any more) on its own.

• I finally get the adapter. I'm pretty happy: il solid, whith no play-lock (at least 0,2-0,4mm), and the crop factor bring you litterally a secondo lens set. The only thing strage to me, is about the blue-spot: considerably presente almost the time, in condition of high lights and outside. It is more evident depending the lens mounted, but there is. I'm tryng to use some ND filter to fix this and it help. Someone knows some solution about that?

• Does RJ adapter mount a sort of iris ring? (sorry if my english is uncorrect).

• Has the blue halo issue on the lens booster been resolved in later samples? I bought one in August of 2014 and it had the blue dot in high contrast situations.

• @hellrazor
    I bought an RJ focal reducer for my Canon EOSM, and the rear mount was loose:

RJ was diligent about fixing the situation -- they quickly sent shorter screws.

• @docz regarding Konica, I am modding a RJ Booster these days. But it looks like that all Lenses sub 40mm need modification to not hit the glass on the adapter. And all Lenses need to have the aperture pin shortened and the black back removed anyhow. some sample pictures: http://diehroptic.ch/koken/index.php?/albums/rj-konica-mod/

• @Maciek & @belfryman - same Issue here with RJ Booster for EOS. There is no adjustment for this. I will try some tape. This was not an issue with the RJ FD Booster which I bought around January 2014...

• @Maciek I just bought an RJ one and same problem, the flange is too thin.

• Roxsen is cheaper... xD

Some adapters are cheaper, but optical block used to them differs usually, as it is almost 90% cost of adapter.

• Roxsen is cheaper... xD

• And what about Roxsen Speed booster? Worse or better than RJ?

• +1 who would buy a few of the bmpcc specific adapters, been waiting a cheaper version of one of those for ages

• Is it possible to get one for Konica AR lenses? I would sooo buy one if that was available.

• I just got rj lens turbo minolta to m43 and i must say i am pleased with optical quality,sharp as original lens(eyeballing),no color cast,wider and faster,i am using it with minolta rokkor x 28 2.5 si,minolta 35 2.8 and minolta 50 1.4 pg and didnt modify them to fit .another happy customer :D

• Last monday I got RJ booster (Canon FD). Looks good and solid. When I mount it to the GH2 body the booster does not fit tight enough to it. Trying to do rack focus, booster swing and move a bit in body mount. On the footage it apeares as a move of frame left to the right or somethig like that. I compared RJ body mount side to my old ciecio7 adapter and m43 lenses and it looks like RJ body mount side has thinner "collar" - flange. Is there any regulation? I'm affraid there is not.

• I have a Minolta 50/1.4, 50/1.7 and a 35-70/3.5 with which I have to do this now. Only an Auto Universar 28/2.8 works without modification.

• does anyone have test shoots with minolta version?does aperture metal thing needs to be cut for all lenses?

• Ultra/BMPCC reduction I would buy.

• I would definitely be interested in a Nikon to BMPCC or Canon to BMPCC speedbooster.

• Do you think it's possible to do ? An adapter that handle both functions would be terrific for both photographers and videographers, without resorting to "over the lens" standard filters that can detach and fall by accident and get damaged

If you think a little you will understand that it is usually impossible to do with any of such adapters.

• "I have no idea that you understand under "active". All adapters do not have any electronics inside."

Ok, I see. I didn't know it ment "electronic handling" adapters.

Anybody knows if the Tokina 11-16mm lens (for both Nikon & Canon) aperture is constant/fixed (I know there's no aperture ring/dial on it) ?