Personal View site logo
CAME gimbals
  • 244 Replies sorted by
  • I'm in the market for a pistol grip gimbal and so far, that CAME single is the best design out there, spec wise. But, as VK mentioned, I'm wary of going through overseas tech support.

• CAME has told me the CAME-Single has dual IMUs. No word yet on Bluetooth: they say they are still gauging interest and the final design has not yet been set. (and they are taking pre-orders?!?) I quite like the tool-less adjustments, the 10-hour battery life, the joystick, and that it has a 32-bit controller. It does look a bit beefy, though, and it weighs 400 g more than the Nebula 4000 Lite or the PilotFly H1.

• @twelli

Well, here it is not some for of another CAME support.

Manufacturers release improved products constantly, so complaining to it is stupid.

As for comments - having comments enabled means to have someone on salary who will manage all this.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Nice that Came finally offer some help on Youtube, but I think they could be more professional. Why can't they tell users about the push-button-five-times in the manual, which btw does not deserve that name. Tool-less is not really a big deal, but having version 2 coming so shortly after version 1 is not nice to the people who bought version 1. And then they don't allow comments under their Youtube clips? Great, can't even ask a question there to maybe get an answer from another user.

• After using the Came Mini for like 20 seconds it starts beeping constantly. Anyone experienced that?

• The single handed gimbal looks good. A tad pricey - hoping VK can get this on pv deals

• Thanks @Manicd. But the time is faster than normal shopping from China, generally 10-15 days.

• ^ The item is probably air shipped from China. Many ebay sellers are now giving US location but actually air ship product from China.

• Wow, look very solid that gimbal-pistol from Came.

These gimbals type pistol (Nebula, PilotFly, etc) can use a monitor even hanging in the grip? generally are limted to 2,000g and only a monitor have 1 pound.

• @anti12 thanks, finally figured out how to turn down the volume on the monitor, wasn't easy to find...

• @twelli that is called "audio feedback".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_feedback

Just switch of the micro on the GH4 or turn down the volume on your monitor.

• I bought an Aputure VS1 1.7 inch screen. Wanted the VS2 but shop didn't have it. The monitor's cable does not have the micro plug for the GH4 socket, so I bought another cable. Now, after attaching monitor and camera and switching both on, there is this ear-piercing sound when the monitor is anywhere near the camera. What's that all about? My ears are still ringing 20 minutes after turning the devices off...

• @liondor1969 For HDMI I purchased this one, seems to be good

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301404281536

• @adamfromabove - will try do the balancing again. Looked fine to me, maybe not fine enough. :)

• Hallo

Please help my with a good recomadation.. a cable HDMI /MICRO HDMI for this Came Mini

Thanks

• @twelli - if its not perfectly horizontal even when you hold down the button to calibrate - it is not balanced properly. WHen you press that button, the motors switch off and gravity does the rest of the work.

• Have any of you guys software-adjusted the settings of came mini and how? Despite re-calibration my camera always seems to be not perfectly horizontal. Is that normal?

• @adamquesada ok will try but I don't see where I can downgrade.

I have connected to gimbal and gone to upgrade but the drop down menu is blank. Can't see an option from the file list either.

Could you tell me how to do it step by step please?

• @hotknees, that I know of there was no 2.46 (maybe only as a beta version). My came-mini arrived with fw version 2.43 b9. You can get this gui by going to this link... you can also try 2.43 b6.

http://www.basecamelectronics.com/downloads/32bit/

I would urge you to try using gui 2.43 b9 before sending it back.

Also, if you updated the fw to version 2.50b3, that gui will let you downgrade the fw back to 2.43 b9. Then once 2.43 b9 is flashed you can switch to the 2.43 b9 gui.

• @adamfromabove I've spoken to came and they want me to send it back to them. They say the problem is my simple BGC GUI is firmware 2.50b and I need to run 2.46 but I don't know that you can donwngrade.

I can't believe I need to send this back and can't get this sorted this end but it seems the way it's going to be... I can't justify more time on it.