Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
CAME gimbals
  • 244 Replies sorted by
  • First impressions (no batteries yet)

Build quality seems good but the unit is.already heavily marked.

Balancing a piece of cake

Case is.okay but I do love how.It will fit with my GH3 still attached so it is ready to go straight away

I hope it does inverted mode and will test when batteries come tomorrow

Footage to.follow.....

• I got my batteries today from amazon... they didn't work. These 18650's I ordered happen to be a bit longer than normal, it seems. Normal is around ~68mm. Mines are 69.5mm in length. So this is something to watch out for when ordering batteries. The batteries I ordered: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JPWHR6

• Unlucky about them batteries.. Who would have thought there is different size standards of the same battery.

Mine are arriving tomorrow... 68mm according to amazon

It is crazy not one review or video on the Internet about this product yet.

I'd love to see an honest review not from tom antos or cheesycam who are given the gimbals for free.

Impressions change when you pay your own hard earned money for something.

Rumours are inverted wont work.. Hope not the case.

• Can you link the 18650's you ordered?

• Came mini with A7s and 24-70mm

Footage looks okish, but not outstanding. probably need a more experienced gimbal user to run it

• It might need some further tuning or balance, but that does not look so good.

• I hope that vid is down to a poor user than the item itself!!

• Batteries I got are too big despite being advertised as 67mm. @adamfromabove did ur batteries work?

• You would think Came would have design the gimbal with this in mind, just make the battery compartment a little bit longer and let the springs take up the slack. :facepalm:

• How do u know it is Definately that type of battery?

• Came email me the battery number and they attached the photo I posted on page 2. Also see below this doc they posted on their FB...

What upsets me is that they don't have have a clear document stating button top / vs flat bot battery or maximum size of the battery.

10968485_613358898796320_6167457740974231819_n.jpg
    751 x 508 - 39K
  • Hmmm well 2 batteries fitted fine on the left side (non power button)

Doesnt seem to fit on the power button side though?

Just reading my battery.. It says the battery is integrated with a protective board.. To stop overheating/overcharge etc

Therefore the height of the batteries is around 3mm longer than the batteries without protective board..

I bet that's it... And i bet the came tv batteries dont protect against that.. Im scared to plug that cheap charger in! Or leave the batteries unattended.

It really wouldn't have killed them to make it a few mm longer to accommodate a safer battery.. But i guess they dont care about that stuff

• @Adamfromabove

Please edit existing message instead of making many.

• @adamfromabove Yes you are probably right, so far the only unprotected batteries I found are flat tops, we need button tops. We should keep looking.

edit: these are unprotected button top, measure 67mm

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=167

• My cametv batteries are due very soon... I paid the import tax today.

I guess I'll just wait to see..

This is a concern you should all atleast be aware of...

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?258232-If-unprotected-18650-batteries-are-dangerous-why-are-they-on-sale

If i knew it was these batteries.. I probably wouldn't have ordered.

I wonder if there is a work around to use protected batteries

Ps my batteries are 68mm... I think we need circa 65mm buttons for it to work

• I think those batteries will do, but Im just going to wait until the ones I ordered with the camera arrive.

Yours should come soon too if you can wait?

This company has potential to be great... but they dont have the right customer service or build quality in place yet... they are improving all the time though. - this is a million times removed from the 7000!

• Looking forward to seeing some test footage from those of you that have them now... there's still only that one video online from what I can tell...

• No response from Came and I'm not buying batteries that won't work like the ones I already have bought.

Very disappointed in the roll out of this product.

• @Sph1nxster

What kind of response you want, may be I could help?

• Got response.. Hello Steven,

Thanks for your email, and sorry for the delay to reply, and because the batteries are prohibited goods, we posted them separately and it's tracking number is 9#####2 by DHL. kindly check. and the battery is the attached photo. and it's size is 6.5*1.9 cm.

and kindly check the enclosed manual of the mini gimbal.

more problem, pls fell free to contact with us.

best regards julie

• I will upload manual @vk is 15 mb okay?

• You would be stupid to ever dare to use the cheap wall charger with their cheap unprotected batteries... If you value your safety and your house.

I want to know if the 65mm batteries are button top or not. They haven't replied to my email where i questioned the safety... Especially in a multicell arrangement like this..

Seriously... If you're getting this.. Get branded batteries.. A good charger too with built in cut off..an cc/cv charging... Such as nitecore i4 or d4 etc