Personal View site logo
Panasonic G6 topic, GH2 replacement camera
  • 1330 Replies sorted by
  • Pansonic G6 at Christmas , mostly with Voigtlander 25mm 0.95

• @yskunto thanks for the info... to clarify then a Japan market G6 would have no limit but would be NTSC, a Hong Kong market G6 would have no limit and PAL format?

but presumably I'd have to live without English language menus? Or Hong Kong may have an English option?

• looking on eBay there's some from Japan, S Korea and Taiwan... all NTSC markets - would they record in NTSC only?

one of the S Korean listings at least says you can choose from 7 languages, including English

I'd like to upgrade to G6 but need to know exactly what I'm getting

• uh... just realised when we're talking about PAL/NTSC we're really talking about 25fps vs 30 fps, or 50 vs 60

and from first post in this thread it seems NTSC cameras would have 24fps and 60p modes, while PAL market would have 24fps and 50p modes (?)

• @lmackreath great video, your g6 videos always look great. y'all look so happy and it looks like Christmas 2014 was great, God bless

• I shot this in October during night.

• @CBGB I love that BC video. Excellent look.

• Ok, I had my first paying gig. The person rented a wireless lav mic that I ended up having its gain set a bit too high. So the audio has an edgy quality. He is happy with the final.
    G6.

• No V-LOG for G6?? Slightly disappointed..

• Used the G6 in this epic one-shot music video, using the Tamron 17-50mm and a Glidecam HD2000.

The Sky Is Broken (TSIB) take it to the next level in this epic one-shot music video.

Directed by David Johnson

Duane Rose (Drummer/Vocals)
    Jordan Chin (Lead Guitarist/Producer)
    Jodi Chin (Keyboard/Vocals)
    Taffarie Hutchinson (Bassist)
    Matthew Bailey (Rhythm Guitar)

Featuring Performances by
    Peter-John Goldson
    Mya Khine

• @Boncrek, great video! I'm just getting into video and recently acquired a G6. It's encouraging to see the possibilities with this camera. Obviously, the person behind the lens has a lot to do with that though.

• compare18.jpg
    800 x 325 - 40K
    compare19.jpg
    608 x 694 - 55K
  • Please, help. Is it possible to change the language to Russian in the G6 Panasonic from Japan. Or maybe there is someone not working G6, from there you can take charge.

• @Rezial if you bought Japan Domestic Market Panasonic G6 then there will be no chance to change the language. It will be stay in Japanese. Your best luck is by mapping Japanese User Manual to Russian User Manual.

It is unlikely that Vitaliy will hack G6 very soon or may be there will be no G6 hack forever.
  • yskunto thanks.

• Another video I put together using my G6. Thanks for taking a look!

• Hey guys... I know this question is asked a lot but I'm just wondering.

Is a hack for the G6 being worked on or has work on hacking these cameras no longer occurring?

• I am very pessimistic that there will be a hack for the G6. It has been so long since the latest PTOOL 3.66D of almost 3 years without any news if there might be a new PTOOL in the future. May be the best thing to do is just to use the G6 as it is and improve our capability to do editing and color grading to get the best out of it.

• I already do this anyway and get amazing results with my G6, but I am curious to know what is going on regarding the hacking of many of the cameras. The GH3 has yet to be cracked and it's already been replaced my the GH4... so I'm wondering if Vitaly has packed it in or simply working on other projects.

I apologise for taking the thread off topic.

• Hi, here is a video i shoot during the preparation of the exposition on the opening day of the "Labirinto della Masone" in italy. Is the biggest bamboo labyrinth in the world.

Shoot with a G6 and a GoPro for the aerial drone view.

• I have a problem. The sony vegas ill-treats the G6 FHD25p AVCHD format. AVCHDFHD24p in a fair and MP4FHD25p Vegas. But AVCHDFHD25p was wrong. I tried all the deinterlace method and Field order... Adobe Premier is the same. The Media Player Classic good plays the AVCHDFHD25p! I made a presentation about:

Because I edit the videos to be good? GH3 has no such problem.