Personal View site logo
BlackMagic URSA Mini, 4.6K sensor, 15 stops DR, 2160p60

Specs

• Four models with the choice of two sensors, 4.6K or 4K sensor in EF or PL mount.
    • Built in dual CFast 2.0 card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality.
    • Open file formats compatible with popular software, such as CinemaDNG 12 bit RAW. No custom file formats.
    • Support for CinemaDNG 4.6K RAW files and ProRes 4444 XQ, ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 HQ, ProRes 422, ProRes 422 LT, ProRes 422 Proxy recording at Ultra HD and HD resolutions.
    • Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection.
    • Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
    • 5" foldout 1080 HD touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
    • Optional URSA Mini Shoulder Kit, allowing both tripod and shoulder use interchangeably.
    • Built in gyroscope allowing recording of camera pitch, roll and yaw movements when working in RAW.
    • Includes full copy of DaVinci Resolve software color grading and editing software

• Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K - $2995

• Blackmagic URSA Mini 4K PL - $3495
    • Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K EF - $4995
    • Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K PL - $5495

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursamini

• 230 Replies sorted by
  • $2995!

http://eriknaso.com/2015/04/12/blackmagic-ursa-mini-coming-soon-and-the-price-is-amazing-also-new-drone-camera/

Still doesn't come with a viewfinder though but decent price nonetheless

phantom18.jpg
    622 x 588 - 59K
  • Good riddance to the original Cinema Camera form factor.

• If this is true that would surely shake the whole industry, specially @ this price. Canon C300 Mark II for $16K that's a $13K price different.

• Wow looks like they really did it right. Seems like 4k 60p over SDI so they managed to avoid undercutting original URSA and surely that camera will get this sensor as an option.

• Besides resolution, I think that one of the best "feature" of the original Ursa is the way the camera handles colors, which is very nice and much easier to grade than Pocket Cam or a7s S-log2's footage... I hope that the Mini sensor will give similar colors too, it would be very helpful!

phantom23.jpg
    791 x 543 - 64K
  • There are 4 models. The 4.6k ones are more expensive than the 4k ones

• On the specs it looks amazing stuff for incredible price. Killing all Canon, Sony and Panasonic competition. The new sensor looks quite expensive, considering the base model at 3K and the 4.6 model at 5k. that means almost double just for the sensor! But already loving it..

• @jazzroy I guess it's no the same sensor: 4k sensor: 12 stops DR 4,6 sensor: 15 stops DR

• @jazzroy

They use FPGA in most cameras, so I think it is many thing that are different, not sensor only.

• My only gripe (so far) is that they didn't follow the Red model of easily swappable lens mounts.

• @rockroadpix

In URSA sensor and mount are swappable as I remember.

• I don't think it's available in the mini. It's mentioned as being swappable on the Big Ursa and not mentioned on the mini page. You also can't swap the sensor in the mini.

• Will wait and see... but this might actually be the camera I've been waiting for BMD to make.

• Yes it looks insanely awesome. I was a little confused about the 1080p160 mode, is it a 1080 crop, or a full sensor read that is scaled to 1080?

"Ultra HD windowing of the sensor enables 1080 HD footage to be captured at up to 160fps!"

• 4 mini models. I do not know if BD will derive sufficient profit gains to offset the added costs in supply chain and manufacturing complexities. Few companies do.

• @ghkqn

They have almost a year to actually starting shipping them :-)

Either Shah dies or donkey will die :-)

• Oh nice you got an arri amira!!!, Ahh No its a....Ursa mini, Oh a uras mini whats that, Ahh its a 4.6k S35mm camera that shots raw and prores, up to 160 f.p.s, and it costs 5000 dollars, Oh wow where can I get one. Think amira was in BM scope, when designing this.

Ursa Sholder.jpg
    2000 x 1316 - 402K
  • Wow... 15DR 4.6K 60fps RAW / ProRes all for $5K... all I'm going to say is BM is a phenominal company, they did it. The form factor the look, and the images out of it are spectacular. The other companies must be really nervous right about now.