Personal View site logo
Official Low GOP topic, series 2
  • 1022 Replies sorted by
  • Before anyone asks. 720p60 is being tuned at the moment...

Nick
  • so when you do the 72060p setting 108024 will remain the amazing GOP1 setting we have now (QuantMe, IDK the rest)? and 72060p will be 226m?
  • or will the 108024p be getting better to?
  • WOOOO!!! the fire stuff I shot looks amazing on 24p... I cant wait to shoot it on 60 :))) Illuminati Cigar company is going to be amazed when im done with there new promo... all shot on DRIFTWOOD BABY!!!! WOOOOO
  • @driftwood Your the F...ing man, can wait for the improvement..
  • @PerryWilson I know Driftwood's patch is bananas.. I got a very important question Perry the (mainconcept codec suite 5.1 Plug) is main purpose is to export video to a final file format right, it does not do anything to the footage when ingested? Finally when exported does it really preserve quality in the final output? Let me know as soon as possible cause I'm thinking on getting it for my system.
  • hey @driftwood

does the intra patch support 80% and 160% slow motion?
  • @peterosinski
    I've used the 176mGOP1 patch at 80% without problem. The slower shooting speeds (160%, 200% etc) should not be a problem.
  • @TrackZillas IDK what your talking about to be honest... I was about to ask what the best quality I could export was... because im pretty sure the H.264 ive been using out of after effects is sucking it up...
  • @PerryWilson I just did a lot of research and stumbled on a piece of freeware called (x264 encoder) You can export your final project by selecting this encoder and it will do a way better job than your NLE generic encoder, also you can convert your footage let's say with 5dtoRGB with this encoder before importing to your NLE I hope that helps Perry. The choice is yours pay for the MainConcept Encoder 5.1 which I heard is amazing, or use X264 freeware they are both amazing from what I read..
  • @proaudio4
    Thanks for your comment!
    Strictly, I referred to my favorite driftwood's 132M 3GOP and made this.
    If it was right since 132M AQ2 was not able to clear Stray's extream dense chart test perfectly as written before, it is practical use within the limits, and I thought whether frame size could be enlarged to a slight degree in low light scene.

Though regrettable, this cannot clear Stray's chart test perfectly.
    As stated above, I am checking that the stress by Stray's chart also changes with the size of a screen.
    Probably recording will stop at the test in the state to which chart was expanded most where glaring green, in several seconds.
    However, in the test recording the whole chart while moving flickeringly, it lasted for 2 minutes only once.
    All my tests are made with ISO3200, 1/800ss.
    This is because 1/800 can apply stress most in my environment.
    However, since I do not understand the level of an indispensable stress as told before, this setting may be unable to clear your stress test perfectly.
    On the other hand, I think that it can be well used since this clears Pappas chart test repeatedly.

@sohus
    Thank you for your info.
    This setting was not able to clear extream test, unless my test also used SanDiskExtreamPro(45M).
    It was useless even at SanDiskExtream(30M).

@JDN
    Please leave it to the maestro driftwood.
    Since I am a person following all the members back. :-)
  • @driftwood
    Great work. I can't say enough as to how helpful you have been with your rigorous testing and (seemingly hourly) settings files. Just wanted to say thanks-
  • I'm getting card read errors left and right using 80% on sandisk extreme 30MB/s 8GB and 32GB cards even when freshly formatted.

what could i be doing wrong?
  • @driftwood
    It is possible to make settings with lower bitrate (50-100 Mbps), AQ2, Gop 6-12 on the basis of "smackmygopup"?

PS I tested the "smackmygopup" and 50p picture has large artifacts.
    00081[13-12-56].jpg
    1280 x 800 - 318K
  • ver 2 will have lower bitrate
  • But why such a bad picture? Bitrate was around 60 Mbps in the file. Maybe not enough speed card?

This is much worse than with my firmware to 32 Mbps!

I did a bitrate 32 Mbps and gop12. I-Frame still contain artifacts. I do not understand.
  • @bkmcwd Its a great patch, but too rich for my SD cards under some situations. Shooting high motion and details, (trees in a very strong wind) I get write errors every time (with an Extreme Pro card, and some extreme cards). Really need someone to test this with one of the older Extreme III cards. Indoors it holds up extremely well, and also with either less detail or motion I have no problem with it. It looks beautiful btw.

Get what you're saying about my dense deartchart. Its good to see your graphs to compare it agains Pappas deatchart. My new chart definitely pushes it a fair bit more. Failing my chart is not, I feel, a reason to completely discard a patch, it is more intense than anything you're likely to shoot. However, a high motion test is worth doing too to clear a patch. I may create a less detailed and animated version of the chart in the next week or so.
  • *UPDATED RELEASE* Improved PAL 720p50 and 1080i50 at lower bitrate - 128M !!!! - and an attempt to fix the artefacts.
    @Botvinic Can you try this? thanks.

Nick
    Driftwood GOP1 'SmackMyGOPUp' PAL version2 - setj.zip
    513B
  • @Stray Where is this latest chart youve made? Sounds good.
  • @Botvinic I may have to raise the bitrate a tad to get this stable
  • @driftwood It's here, the denser chart is the man http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/17820#Comment_17820

This is the graph of bkmcwds patch running on the shot that makes my SD card give up. heh, fucking hell, Please someone shoot some similar footage with a card that can cope, similar as in same size B-Frames and avg bitrate.
    176M_Gop3_high motion and detail.png
    1297 x 683 - 477K
  • @driftwood
    Artefacts Artefacts Artefacts :)
    Maybe speed is not enough? Silicon Power 32 Gb 10 class ...

124.jpg
    1297 x 683 - 389K
  • After seeing these, I'm amazed. I've been shooting a project with CBrandin's 66mbit/s but will switch to these afterwards.
    So then I have some questions about card speeds. I'm looking into getting some Sandisk ones and would like to know which ones to get. I'm working professionally, so I need cards that won't fail. Question is if the Extreme HD Video at 30mbit/s are good enough or if I should spend the extra cash and just get the 45mbit/s?

Also how much video does one usually fit on a 16gb card with the hack? I could get about 15min on an 8gb card with Chris's 66mbit/s, which is just about perfect (I like to change cards more often, as to not loose as much footage). If my calculations are correct, a 16gb would give me a similar length.
  • @Botvinic Is your card ok at 1080p24 176M GOP1?
This topic is closed.
← All Discussions