Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X Series 4:│Moon T8│Spizz T7
  • 691 Replies sorted by
  • @gardner what do you use to get such a smooth video? nice work

• @Tjabo Well where to start! Dogme 95 was a movement started by one of my favorite directors Lars Von Trier. The Dogme was basically guidelines for filmmakers to follow when creating their films! I shot this piece at the Outer Banks in North Carolina all with Spizz T7 and I titled it "Dogme 95" after the Manifesto.

The music is by an independent artist by the name of Johnny_Ripper, love his work! I felt the music went well with the piece so I put it together and made sure that he allowed me to do so. I like to put pieces like this together randomly so yea half of the time you won't know what you're watching but you'll be engaged (hopefully)! lol

• @Gardner, what the heck is that? I love it! Partially because I have no idea what I just watched. Lol

Did you shoot this and your film trailer with Moon T8?

• @Brumbazz Thanks man! @AlbertZ Mainly Nikor 50 1.2 and Voigt 25 .95.

• @Gardner Man that is one solid trailer, so much suspense built just with such subtle suggestions. Really chilling, well done!

• @Gardner it looks amazing! what lenses have you used?

• @matt_gh2 Thanks man, it took forever to finish the film! @Tjabo No I shot the majority of the film with Intravenous V2 and Spizz T7 some.

• Agree 100%, EXCELLENT trailer @Gardner!!! Was it all shot with Moon T8?

• @Gardner Trailer is very good.

• All that endless bitrate... The picture, the picture!!! Switch to RETRO mode, disregard the yellowish/sepia tones, look at the shadows and the softness of the details - that's what GH2 needs in Movie mode! And it has it inside, but needs some of its parameters and characteristics to be used in the Movie mode. Why do I think I'll be misunderstood?!?

• "reduce the bitrate and increase the quality"

You do realize that using the same codec and sticking to I-frame only, those two goals are largely at cross purposes, yes?

• Looking forward for MOOn T9..yessss... but i request to add a lite version of moon t9 as well.. A 100mbps version of the Moon t9 with all I frames... please do reduce the bitrate and increase the quality.. ;)

• I'm still proud owner of GH2 and can't wait for the next release of the amazing work. Looking forward to the Moon T9.

• Sir Driftwood, would you add a 'Space' version based in your newer and smooth Moon T9? Please come back, we all are missing you! Have a nice day.

• I couldn't grab the files either. It just doesn't work with my browsers security settings, and any site that doesn't work under those conditions, any site that needs me to relax my security settings, is suspect.

• I could post them to YouTube if someone wanted.

I could post them to Vimeo too, but I have a basic account, and I think I used up my one HD upload for the month or whatever it is... Lol

• @producer @T1000 I am very sorry, but upload connection is VERY slow (even though it is 45mb only it takes about an hour, no time for this in the moment) I have no Vimeo account. Don´t forget, these are the original files straight out of camera, Vimeo will recompress as well as the NLE to prepare the Vimeo clip. Thus the zip file is best for evaulation. Maybe Tjabo can help out and upload the test to another server. All the best, Frame

• @Frame Could you post a vimeo video of your comparison?

• Wow, I had a hard time seeing a difference from those clips...

• @Frame: Would you upload it to other server because the Avast AV blocks it?

• I made a simple comparison test between Moon_T4_T7_T8. Tripod was fixed (still the Images jump a bit, sorry for that) but using the natural diffusor of an overcast winter´s day, light should not change much between shots. (In bright sunshine, light in this backyard changes dramatically -at least for comparison between patches) Lens is a Tramron 35-210 with Metabones Speedbooster. Using a manual lens on such tests helps a lot, because aperture or focus will not jump when switching the camera On/Off I could have used a sharper lens with fixed focal length, but the Tamron is my workhorse. Aperture for the lens was 8, @ ISO 160 with shutter 50 shutter, Setting 24H, Smooth at -2/-2/+2/-2 (+2 is colour) .
    Aperture is 1/3 stop underexposed

The besides the overcast, the winter´s cold also helps to keep the sensor nois-free. Always switched the camara on/off with ISO 1000 to avoid the noise-bug. One might think, these steady shots are sills, but one can notice the warm air fluctuating (Filmed from an open Window) To me, T4 seems to be more noise-free, As I wrote, I did not touch the lens between flashing/filming, so T4 seems to show less gamma. I do not notice an difference between Moon_T7_and_T8, even though there is 17 minutes between both shots (GH2 had T7 already flashed, the I flashed with T4 11 minutes later , then T8 17 minutes later. Enjoy.

Download@ http://www.file-upload.net/download-10189016/TEST_MOON_T4_T7_T8.zip.html

• of course, but you must be realistic about gh2's hardware limitations. this little buddy won't ever shoot CLEAN picture above iso 1600 (or even 800 if you ask me). if you need it, get yourself neat video, it's absolutely brilliant.

• Friends see if i have money for a7s why am i still writing here?? come on grow up pals. see we need the best out of gh2 thats all we want. (fact isnt it)

• @driftwood Sir, I have a request. for documentary films and low end production why cant we create a patch which does run in most sd cards with all I frames in 24H modes and which also gives maximum quality and reliability? intra frames can only be in moon?