Personal View site logo
The homegrown GH2 Specific Cage
  • 74 Replies sorted by
  • I didnt backhand anyone... I was polite, but IMO and I say "OPINION" the SHRIGG looks homemade... obviously there is a market for the REWO cage or else they wouldnt have made it... now imagine me selling my cage overseas... 300$ US (if thats the price) is 150 Euro... which kills there 5 something Euro price... Im also making accessories for the cage... think RED Modular system for GH2. If you like your Shrigg Rig then GREAT Keep it, im not trying to take anyones thunder... I just want a cage that looks sexy, makes my GH2 look sexy, and perform like a professional camera, which it does in the video performance side, but fails miserably on the exterior and buildup... the thing is Im listening to ALL of you guys... Putting my MONEY out there to make what y'all want... I dont have to. I could make JUST ONE COPY FOR ME... but I was taught to share, and dammit I'm gonna do right by my mamma and share the love :)
  • I haven't had anyone say Shrigg looks homemade. I have high end clients too. If the concern is to razzle dazzle customers, the GH2 is about the worst choice for a pro shooter -- only the new little Sony Nex is worse. GH2 is tiny, poorly constructed, and looks like what it is: a middle of the road consumer still camera. The dirty secret is that it's a great video tool.

The reason to get a cage is improving functionality ultimately, if your new cage does that great, but no need for backhand swipes at *existing* products other members here have worked hard to develop.
  • but feel free to continue telling me what you want everyone :)
  • Having an appointment with a my new CAD designer JUST FOR YOU @Vitaliy_Kiselev will have an idea for pricing soon... this may be getting cnc'd depending on costs we will see... and I have some new things to that are gonna be hidden till release ;)
  • Yeah I like the cage you made... But again i have high end clients. So I hate showing up with DIY looking stuff... it just doesnt fall well so DIY steadicams made from pipe and painted brigght green are good and all, but not in my field... Im also shooting the summer olympics this year... not only stills with my 7D, but I will also be shooting plenty of GOP1 baby!!!! need something that looks as good as it performs
  • @PerryWilson

Very interested to see what you come up with. My $99 cage works, but an affordable Rewo-quality cage would certainly have its place... I know I appreciate jewel-like quality accessories on my GH2 rig!
  • again the casting is being done on Nov. 10th for the prototype... it will probably be around the new year when I start looking into production cages... but they will be a good product.
  • @PerryWilson Pretty cool stuff. I may hold off on my TrustTM cage just to see how this works out for everyone.
  • optional self powering cage with build in hdmi and mic conectors plus a 12v out for monitor. That would be really cool. The cage with all the electronics build in.
  • dude . . . after the initial cage, team up with a good electrical genius and bring us a battery grip?
  • Ill update it as soon as I have stuff to update
  • keep up the good work, I'll be following your progress.
  • I am also making a rail mount system for the unit I have found that powers my GH2 for hours and its cheap, I will also be making these on request. But I honestly think this is the best powering option for the GH2... http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/831/rig-powering-options#Item_18 look for my post about the Alien bee Vegabong mini... ITS AMAZING il make a video about it later
  • BTW these will be anodized for durability and finish.
  • Im doing casting for one reason, Once it is cast an inch thick I can remove material from the inside, and the outside to make it the thickness I want, all the removed aluminum will go back into the stock pile to be re melted down for another casting. Once I have the full size an finished prototype I will make a negative, it will be smooth as the final, so when I cast it out of that mold no cutting will be required. all that will need to be done is the hand drilling of the holes, obviously precision drilled on a press, not a hand drill ok vitaliy, its not gonna be a piece of sh*t, made by some nobody. the only reason each piece will have to be drilled by hand is because a cast cant have holes put in it, because the mold wouldnt be able to separate. Since I will be drilling by hand I may take custom orders with different layouts and either 1/4 20 or 3/8 holes... or both on same rig like others
  • @perrywilson I'm approaching a similar idea from a more technological angle . . . trying to get a 3D laser scan of the GH2 body, from which I can get a CAD representation. From that, I hope to design a form-fit metal shell, but I'm not sure what method would be best for final production. Milling from a solid block, while tempting, would wast an incredible amount of material, which would I'm sure drive cost up. Seeing as you've got experience fabricating stuff, what would you suggest?
  • I can't wait to see it, need some good protection cage to my GH2 ...
  • I'll buy two for 200% each of what you're paying so you get a whopping profit. I was a welder/fabricator/machinist myself in my past life, so I can finish them off :) I worked for Caterpillar running a robot welder making tractors when I switched careers.
  • The cage is getting cast on Nov. 10th company is busy until then... they are casting my prototype for guess how much? $1
  • @PerryWilson
    >I have big clients including Rocky Patel Cigar Company and cannot have cheap, crappy looking equipment... just looks bad, Im not just about function, I like style... I want the GQ of GH2 cages, with functions I and others want... <<br />
    Now that's what's up!! Looking forward to seeing what you will come up with. I almost bought the ReWo cage a while back.
  • @brianluce I have big clients including Rocky Patel Cigar Company and cannot have cheap, crappy looking equipment... just looks bad, Im not just about function, I like style... I want the GQ of GH2 cages, with functions I and others want... The Shrigg Jigg is a nice cage but it looks like it was just put together with random pieces of metal
  • @PerryWilson: Awesome tats, awesome chopper, look forward to what you'll come up with.
  • @PerryWilson
    Have you checked the Shrig Jigg yet? I have one and like it a lot. What would your design do that the Shrigg doesn't?
  • the only endless talks are the back and forth rebuttal that you and I are feeding, chill out, wait for me to have my meeting, wait to see the product
  • @PerryWilson

This is not (and never will be) a place to talk on such level, Perry.

I have strong feeling of another endless talks here. I'll keep it watching for few days and will close if it will be so and I won't see things I talked about.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions