Personal View site logo
WinRewrap - Batch ReWrap MTS to MP4/MOV .
  • 98 Replies sorted by
  • Hi,

i have a problem. When i transcode my gh2 mts file into mov and open it in resolve.... the first 1-2 seconds looks like this (first screenshot).

I tryed it with "FFmbc 0.7rc8 (32-bit)" and "FFmbc 0.7rc8 (32-bit)". 64 bit crashes all the time.

sample.jpg
    1680 x 1032 - 656K
    sample2.jpg
    1680 x 1032 - 666K
  • unfortunately, the rewrapping part is out of my control, all I do is the batch part of it. You can try to use another version-

I use the version of 20th march 2012 and have had no such problems.

@elsalvador: Do the videos look like this in a video player, too?

@VelcroFace: I can try to find a bug when you can recreate the bug. Then you can send me a file that is causing problems and I can look into it. :)

• yes they do

• try the ffmbc build from march 2012 and see if it helps. :)

• I tried it but the problem is still there

• @elsalvador maybe it's also an influence from the patch. Do you use a long or short GOP patch. I see the same phenomenon and use Sanity which is GOP 18. That means if first image has a problem it will take nearly a second at 24p.

• I fear there is very little I can do about the problem. If someone can do it in ffmbc , please let me know, so i can modify the commandline options in winrewrap.

• @fatpig Great tool! However, when I convert my GH1 mts files to mp4 (video:copy, audio:aac), I have some problem editing these mp4 files with avidemux: the mouse cursor seems to be blocked at the first frame...

• Hello! Great idea and I donated but I cannot get it to work. I tried to directly convert MTS files to MP4. I get an error message that "ffmbc has stopped working" and also "error in MTS file." My shots are from a GH2 hacked with Sanity 5.1. The clips play fine on my computer.

• Today I tried to convert files from a Panasonic Camcorder that writes AC3 5.1 plus a useless subtitle track into MP4 container. I failed to do so with Winrewrap, so I created my own preset to for AnotherGUI. (I can highly recommend this app as it opens one ffmpeg/ffmbc instance per core, speeding up transcodes and rewrapping alot.) http://www.stuudio.ee/anothergui/

Command line: -y -threads 1 -vcodec copy -c:a aac -strict experimental -b:a 128k -ac 2

Guess you could do better, but at least it works.

AVCHD AC3 5.1 --_ MP4 Stereo.zip
    621B
  • @fatpig

thanks for wonderful tools. I've been searching for this type of program for days for my GH2 cc work on SpeedGrade and premier pro cs6.

I tried v0.4. but the re-wraped mov is not properly played on premiere pro cs6 sequence, though which is properly played on winplayer or vlc. some green frames or frame jumps appear when being played.

and this frame problems are passed on from pp cs6 to speedgrade by EDL.

what do you think?

anyway I appreciate your nice work! thanks

Soru

• @fatpig and all,

I tried v0.4. but the re-wraped mov is not properly played on premiere pro cs6 sequence, though which is properly played on winplayer or vlc. some green frames or frame jumps appear when being played.

and this frame problems are passed on from pp cs6 to speedgrade by EDL.

I seem to find out what is the problem. as @tida says in previous comment, the GOP SIZE are related. I've been using 3 gop setting from bkmcwd's. but when I switched it to 1 gop intra setting of Driftwood, it worked fine.

thanks again, @fatpig! the batch rewrap tool is precious for me.

• I'm late to this party, but since files from this software give me way more reasonable (almost identical to MTS) filesizes, and quicker, in comparison to 5D2RGB (which can bloat my filesize 10x the original or more) - are there any real differences?

This program is way faster than 5d...can't believe how much time I've lost waiting for 5d to finish...

• @Riker

yes, there is a reason why 5DRGB is slower, because it completely encodes existing MTS to a different format and color space....don't confuse this with container, hence the rewrap does exactly that, rewraps the content ;)

Using 5DRGB gives you material which ends up better for gradation,... colorist will see visible difference here, but for most of the cases you dont need to reencode it

• @elsalvador

try avidemux, ....just dont forget to select "copy" in A/V ouput, and appropriate output format

• Hello guys,

@Meierhans: which switch did the trick for you? was it the "-strict experimental" , that I would have to include?

@everyone else: well, rewrapping is always an experiment. If the rewrap fails, there may be something I can do about it. If your software can not handle the rewrapped files- well, then the experiment failed, you have to transcode. See it like this- If you are lucky, WinRewrap will save you a LOT of time. :)

• This looks really interesting-- I use clipwrap on another computer (mac) so I would love to use this. My question: can it fix the flag in 24p files that are wrapped in 60i? This problem happens most often with Canon Camcorders recording in pf24. If the flag were fixed, one could simply dump these files into the premiere timeline without transcoding to Cineform

Thanks! dt

• I'm using this with the Sony camera files. Nothing else seems to work. There are a few issues however. Only AAC works as an audio option Only MOV works as a file wrapper It fails to see files labelled M2TS... I've been changing the extension.

Not sure it this all relates to the M2TS format, using an up-to-date ffmbc or a code error.

If you can deal with these things I'll send you $20. ;)

• I'm also seeing some issues where videos recorded with identical settings... some are converted and some fail. There is nothing obvious the identifies any difference between the files. Small files and big files both work and fail.

• Try Video Converter Pro to convert any video format including MTS to MP4 or MOV.

• You may also use iDealshare VideoGo which can batch rewrap MTS to MP4/MOV.

It supports can converting all kinds of AVCHD MTS or M2TS files recorded by Panasonic, Sony, Cannon or other camcorders to MP4 or MOV or ProRes format without quality loss. And it also supports to convert MTS to AVI, MTS to WMV, MTS to ASF, MTS to FLV, MTS to WebM, MTS to OGV, etc.

Step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-converter/mts-to-mp4-converter-mac-windows.html

• i tried to download it from your page however avast antivirus tells i has malware inside and does not allow me to.

• @mitkoo

you can try to use

http://hdcinematics.com/

can also search web for old Convert V4 :-)