Personal View site logo
GH4 4K Panasonic video camera, User reviews and opinions
  • 1273 Replies sorted by
  • @cinemasteve87 Well you totally deserved praise for your review and your footage. Some of the shots were amongst the best I have seen, very well shot.... really great! As I mentioned I have seen plenty of low light stuff from the Gh4 that looks fine...and it cleans up well in neat video, so for me its a non issue really, I am more concerned about bright sunlight and blue skies to be honest. With the a7s...its almost like some people want night to look like day, and that cam can do that, but yeah, good for some I guess.

I would take ergonomics and features and lose a bit of hi ISO anyday, but thats me. That guys review is hilarious..so funny, you can feel him getting very angry as the review goes on..and he is not alone Erik Naso appears to be underwhelmed too, and quite a few other users. I havent seen the 15 stops either, and the RS in FF...well yeah, pretty terrible, but all that aside I agree its a very nice image, but so is the GH4.

The Shogun will be very interesting, I really hope it can capitalize on the 10 bit 4.2.2 from the GH4...I saw some "Atmos Blade" footage from the GH4 (1080p) downscaled thru HDMI from 4K...and that was really great, so the Shogun will be very interesting.

• I shot this video of a sports and music event 2 weeks ago mostly on the GH4, a 3 axis stabilizer and the Zuiko 12mm. Some shots are with a GH3 and the 20mm Pancake on a Glidecam.

I was a little bit concerned about the noise by going to high with the ISO (ISO 1000), but I was quite impressed afterwards. I used the Cine Like V settings from Andrew Reids Shooting Guide in the evening.

• New GH4 Short that I just shot:

• aaronchicago Very good ! Enjoyed every second

• Testing out GH4 handheld shots of the family..so far the skin tones and grading ability is wonderful.

• @aaronchicago

That was well executed. Love the look and graphics work. Well done. What picture settings are you using?

• @ratlabproductions thanks. I used Cinelike D. Colored with Filmconvert and then used a new LUT called KinoLUT.

• Here's a GH4 video I saw on Vimeo that I thought looked really good, not mine. Sorry if it has already been posted.

• Shot a group dance music video at Anthrocon. Music is a recorded cover to Lady Antebellum's "Compass"

• Just shot my first wedding since adding a gh4 to my kit and I am extremely impressed! Here is a still grab from one of the clips that I edited lightly in Lightroom. I am not one for wanting to pull stills from videos but the fact that they are this high quality is amazing!

This was shot on the Standard profile 0's across the board to match my GH3 and a 50mm f1.4 Canon FD with RJ Speedbooster

For some reason the forum isn't letting me upload phtotos?

• @tylerknight Photos can't be larger than a certain dimension, perhaps you tried uploading a photo that was too big?

• I cropped, resized, compressed and tried everything. Normally I have no problem with it!

• Shot this tonight in 4K UHD. betewen 200 and 1600 iso with the 12-42 kit lens. Cinelike V profile flat across the board graded with filmconvert pro.

There are some dots in the footage which is dust on my sensor somehow. Any suggestions as to how to remove dust from a brand new sensor?

• @taylorknight, I've used these Sensor Swabs and Eclipse Cleaning solution on my G6 with perfect results. They came highly recommended by my local Canon/Nikon/Panasonic dealer. Type 2 is the 17mm size for the m4/3 sensor.

http://www.amazon.com/Sensor-Swabs-Type-Box-12/dp/B000F6VRJC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407158503&sr=8-2&keywords=sensor+swab

http://www.amazon.com/Photographic-Solutions-Eclipse-Cleaning-Solution/dp/B004WBR8C6/ref=pd_bxgy_p_img_y

Nice edit. I'm quite liking the simplicity of shooting all zero's with Cinelike V as well.

Cheers, Pete

• I made some shoots at Zakynthos last week. I made it at Cine D set all to 0.

Now im testing Cine V at 0 and i have to say that interior shots are a little more easy to clean up than cine D. And i notice also that cineV cover more details in 'middle-area' (as cineD cover more in shadows - however with noise)

• @TylerKnight For removing dust from sensors, the Giottos Rocket Blaster Dust-Removal Tool has worked for me. Good Luck.

• Great videos guys.

• thanks @jjj_ri_usa , @c3hammer and @aronjanderson !

I have an incredible amount of work coming from this camera in the next little while. I've been booked solid since I got it, so a few weeks of post production before they start coming out.

• Super mini-review: I love how the GH4 can read out the shutter in seconds or degrees. Setting it at 180 degrees means no matter what framerate you select, the shutter speed is correct. Slow it down to 2fps and you automatically get 1/4 sec. Speed it up to 96fps and it's shooting at 1/200. At 24fps it's 1/48.

The only problem is that you cannot lock the shutter at a particular angle. At least, not that I can find. If you turn the thumbwheel the shutter speed or angle changes and if you're not careful, you'll find yourself shooting at the wrong shutter speed/angle.

I which there was a menu item that let me lock the shutter angle where I want so I cannot accidently change it.

I may have to tape the thumbwheel over during my shoots. Small point, but can mess you up.