Personal View site logo
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • When using on 5D mk2 it takes 6 seconds when you press the record button on 5D because of the changing from 720p to 480p.

May be change monitor mode yourself only.

Also I didn't figured out how to stretch the image all over the monitor while maintaining 1:1 aspect ratio. It shows black border around image.

1280x800 is monitor resolution, vertical one is bigger than required for 16:9, hence black border.

• Just got the monitor in and I am really impressed with how fast the shipment was! Booted up and it has a fairly quick boot, then it just gets better. The image quality and clarity is absolutely amazing and the monitor holds up really great in bright sunlight. Compared to the Oled on the GH3, I couldn't see anything on the OLED, but on the Neway, everything was crystal clear and glares were very minimal. Really impressed with the brightness, color quality, and build quality. Definitely will be buying a few more of these in the future.

• Just received the monitor and it looks very good. Will test it on a real job tomorrow already. Support and feedback from Neway has been wonderful: DHL needed a more detailed address code, so they write to me immediately and also tried to contact me on Skype. They even asked Vitaliy to to PM me here :) Shipping is amazingly fast. Will write my feedback about the monitor as soon as I'll test it

• Anyone using this monitor with the GH4? Reading about issues with 24p and interested to see if this works with it.

• @flablo Are you going to be using this with the GH3 tomorrow? I'm not planning on upgrading to the GH4 until projects demand it. Seems to work just fine based on what some others have said.

Cheers

• @theshittywizard I used today with the Black Magic Pocket and it was really good. Gonna use it again more seriously in a couple of days. Also on the GH2 it looked great. I have yet to connect it to the GH3. I have a Marshall LCD50-HDMI which is more expensive but I never got a satisfactory image out of it. Very different from what I saw on (and coming out of) the GH2 and GH3. The Neway instead looks quite faithful, similar to some SmallHD I saw. And 7" seemed overkill to me but it is actually very good to properly check focus. I'm very pleased so far

• I leave my contribution.. late a bit since I received the monitor, but here are my impressions: The monitor is well built. focus peaking is very good, It has halos of light when brightness is set below 50( as you can see) The rest is ok and the size of 7 inches helps a lot ! Shipping is amazing fast .. but unfortunately customs fees are high, maybe if shipped with normal post service would arrive later and no stopped at custom. Anyway, I'm happy with it.

difetto monit.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 131K
    acceso monitor.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 148K
  • FYI, the hdmi model works fine with the GH4. I'm shooting 1080p 200mbs mostly - had to select avchd, THEN .mov before the monitor would work though - sort of cleared its throat.

• Some new things in CL76 monitors:

Plus it also now shows warning on screen if your battery is low.

For $25 you can get special remote:

gh4_34.jpg
    800 x 362 - 68K
    gh4_35.jpg
    800 x 499 - 78K
    gh4_36.jpg
    779 x 840 - 54K
  • Vitaliy_Kiselev you have the pdf because the official site is down, and the final price of the new CL76 add this adapter to ...

• you have the pdf because the official site is down, and the final price of the new CL76 add this adapter to

What you mean? What I get things not on site? Yes, of course.

Price is on first page of the topic.

• Hi someone who has bought this minitor can report on new features: Aspect and Extrusion with photos or video.

Thank you

• When you enable focus peaking, is the image forces to B&W? Can you use peaking with a color image?

• how to enter custom aspect ratio (extrusion) menu at neway monitors? i read that i should push ASPECT/EXIT (my button is called only EXIT) and than hold MENU button for 3-5s.... is it correct? nothing happenes at my SDI and HDMI CL76 monitor... what i am doing wrong? any update possible to have noticed extrusion predefined menu?

• I cannot find a way to extend the screen view to fill the screen using a Nikon D800 or a Nikon D4. I have tried every possible permutation in the menus but cannot get a 16:9 image that does not have a black border all the way round so its like having a 5 inch monitor instead of a 7 inch! If I have the "camera" function assigned to F1 lets say, it shows a correct aspect image until I hit record and then it switches to a 4:3 ratio. If I hit the F1 switch to turn it off the screen image reduces to a small size that would fit on a 5 inch screen. If anybody knows the settings to get a full size 16:9 image out of this monitor I would be very grateful. At the moment it seems that their are quite a few bugs in the software.

• @patrickb

You tried same thing with large monitor with HDMI input? Like your TV?

• Thanks for your reply. I don't have a TV that takes HDMI! I have a Lilliput 7 inch and a 5 inch that don't have this issue so I'm hoping its a combination of settings that I haven't found yet but its driven me crazy all day today trying to sort it.

• @patrickb

Thanks, I sent notice to manufacturer so they could look into it and make tests.

• I did finally work out the problem and it was MY fault! I had some of the HDMI settings setup incorrectly on my camera. I thought I had been through that but clearly I had not! So it is possible to get a full screen view while recording with Nikon D4 and D800. I was contacted by the manufacturer to help me which I find very impressive indeed. Thanks Vitaliy for taking the time to help. Its much appreciated.

• @patrickb

I am glad that all is ok. It is important for PV and manufacturer to watch for every issue.

• Is the estrusion "2.35:1 mode" the one for de-esqueze 1.33x anamorphic footage? Is only available in the new model of cl76? And what about the remote? Are those F buttons custom buttons on the monitor? Some information are welcome because its difficult to find on the net.

• Is the estrusion "2.35:1 mode" the one for de-esqueze 1.33x anamorphic footage?

This one you need to ask anamorphic shooters. As far as I remember it is not enough.

And what about the remote? Are those F buttons custom buttons on the monitor?

It is doubling of monitor buttons, just in more handy place.

• thanks vitaliy. if the monitor strech 16:9 to 2.35:1 its perfect for 1.33x adaptors (like optex,century optics or LA7200). Seens to be a great deal!

• Hello I need some help please

I just got the CL76 and all I get is the blue Neway screen. The hdmi cable works to my TV so that is not the issue. I am using it with a black magic pocket cinema camera. Please help needed.

• The hdmi cable works to my TV so that is not the issue. I am using it with a black magic pocket cinema camera. Please help needed.

Do not rush, try another cable anyway, and check all the settings.