Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • Oh! I saw in the manual Signal support 1280x720 50/60, check it out, what a pitty, i thought it was posible....

What manual? Monitor support all necessary resolutions and framerates, but camera doesn't.

• Monitor support,I put hdmi auto on gh2 , but I'll try to select each time manual output hdmi and see what happens, but you guys told me is not posible in 720 anyway, isn't it?

• Monitor support,I put hdmi auto on gh2 , but I'll try to select each time manual output hdmi and see what happens, but you guys told me is not posible in 720 anyway, isn't it?

Read camera manual about this.

• I can't see or read about a earphones plug. Am I right? No support for earphones to hear audio coming from HDMI?

• Sorry Vitaly I don't have it, i bought without

• I´ve ordered the NEWAY CL76HO-X last week. Shipping was very fast. Excellent product. It´s well built and sturdy. Colors and contrast are brilliant.

• Noticed the Neway site specs show only 300nit for the CL76HO and 400nit for the CL76SDI. Can anyone confirm the claim of 600nit? Or compare it to other monitors like the SmallHD?

http://www.newaye.com/products_detailed.aspx?Flag=1&ID=583

• @vincelucero

I can, as we work with them direct :-). Thing is they have issue with site updates and accuracy.

• HI guys,

I am about to buy this sdi monitor for use with the black magic mft camera. Can anyone confirm that it will work in regards to the progressive thing. I can't find any details on this matter.

Can I also ask if the squeeze option is usable for 2x anamorphic situations.

thanks

• Can anyone confirm that it will work in regards to the progressive thing. I can't find any details on this matter.

It must work.

Can I also ask if the squeeze option is usable for 2x anamorphic situations.

I doubt that it will work good, I do not remember monitors that are really good for such work.

• I purchased one of these monitors a few weeks ago. It arrived on time but upon booting up the monitor the screen showed similar backlight leakage as joeevento. White backlight was visible in the corners and where the screen screws are. I was advised by Vitality to open it up and loosen the screws to hopefully release some tension and torque on the screen. I loosened the screws in the blown out corners, tested the screen again, but there was still the same visible backlight leakage. I contacted Cole and attached a photo, and received the response that that the picture backlight leakage is within the allowable range class, and joeevento's monitor was an extreme case. So it seems this may be a common problem ("trait") of this monitor. I am waiting for another response from Cole to see what the outcome of this is. I will follow up.

photo.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 665K
  • @tyh0505

To be more correct, it is not monitor problem, it is panel problem.

Unsually such things happen if pressure is not even on the panel borders.

• So it seems the panels that are supplied for these monitors have backlight leakage. Problem with the manufacturing process I presume. It's subtle while shooting in bright locations, but quite obvious when dark. I can't return it since there is nothing wrong with it... In retrospect its not a big problem but may have dropped a few extra dollars for a smallhd or Marshall.

• @tyh0505

They now control new panels batches much more closely to make leaks as small as possible if ever present.

• Does monitor show audio levels? Would be helpful with GH3, since they go off screen so quickly.

Is it very reflective, when used outdoors? Can direct sunlight hurt the screen?

• Got my hdmi version yesterday. Overall, great value for money, though it would have been nice if the zoom in was a bigger magnification. I eyeballed mine against the $25k Barco flatscreen in our grading suite, and the settings below are a pretty good match - you may find them useful in setting up yours. Backlight leakage very similar to jpeg posted above.

brightness - 55, contrast - 16, chroma - 75, sharpness - 10, tint - 45, colour temp - 9300, backlight - 80.

I was expecting to run the monitor at 6500 colour temp, but this gets me closer to the reference flatscreen. Very happy camper for the money.

• I'm very interested in buying the CL76HO-X monitor, and have found the comments and observations on this thread very helpful. One question to existing users though: Is there much image lag/motion blurring when doing medium to fast panning?

One of the ways I would like to use this monitor is via component connection from a Panasonic HPX502 with a 55X box lens attached and a 1080 50i signal from the camera. Often I find myself fully zoomed in on this lens whilst trying to maintain sharp focus on a walking presenter from 50 metres. I've tried other cheapish monitors for this but the motion blur makes it very difficult to focus until the subject stands still.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance

• The specs I found show the panel to have a response time of 25ms and 256k colours (these figures not shown on the Neway website). Researching the web it also seems that although IPS panels offer better colours, sharper image and wider viewing angles, they can suffer from the motion blur effect.

Dang, it seems I have answered my own question! Still, if anyone can check this out I would be most grateful. I have a feeling that this problem is common to most LCD panels, and only the very expensive professional products have managed to minimize the effect.

Would OLED (eg Odyssey 7) be any better in this regard?

Cheers.

• Researching the web it also seems that although IPS panels offer better colours, sharper image and wider viewing angles, they can suffer from the motion blur effect.

I have big trouble understanding that you want really. It is good panels suitable for the task.

Would OLED (eg Odyssey 7) be any better in this regard?

OLEDs have their own flaws. Including price, burnown (you can't have any icons on same places), bad outside performance, color shifts and degradation with time.

• Actually, I have the same question regarding motion blur. I was recently given a Marshall V-LCD50-HDI, and it is my first external monitor (connected to GH3).

While I like having the larger screen, it has A LOT of motion blur compared to the GH3's OLED screen. Great for a still shot, but when there is movement of either camera or subjects, I don't see the advantage of having the larger screen for focusing...it is all a blur until everything is still.

So, back to the question: How is the motion blur compared to the GHx's monitor?

Looking for responses from actual owners.

• I've received my parcel yesterday, nicely packaged, overall good impression until i turned it on. Spill in the bottom right corner is actually messing up the image quite a lot, when i turn down backlit in settings to 0 and switch to 16:9 aspect ration (small bars on top and bottom) it's acceptable. When i asked them about it they blamed screen manufacturer which is kind of funny it should be their responsibility to quality control the monitor as a whole unit before sending it to the customers. Anyway build quality (apart from the bloody spill) is good, screen is sharp, packaging is nice so i don't think anyone has to worry that parcel will be damaged during transport, it's definitely worth that price.

P1170727.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 338K
  • Backlight bleeding looks terrible. Maybe these are the ones that didn't survive the IKAN VK7i quality criteria. Do IKAN users report these same issues?