Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @pilotisafk really good looking video dude!

• Moon T7 at 60P

• @matt_gh2

It was on a smallish tripod behind the front seats.

I didn't wind the engine out near as much as I normally do because I was worried about it tipping over.

• @jpturbo Cool. How did you mount/stabilize the GH2?

• SOOC Moon T7 60p, 1/250 shutter.

• Someone said soon five months ago, but god knows when. :)

• In 99% of the cases when someone says 24P it's really 23.976. Otherwise somebody screwed up or you're talking about an actual cinema camera, designed to allow digital origination for film presentation and distribution. That's all 24P, true 24, is really good for.

• @azo

24p vs 23.976... some of these settings claim to record at 24p, not 23.976.. i wass wondering if there is proof the recording is recorded at 24fps and not at 23.976... just curious.

• No because the GH4 is arrived and we are an old prehistoric man with our GH2...sniff

• When is Moon T8 going to come out?

• Hello Everybody, hope all's well. First post here. My GH2 on DrewnetT9 needs a reboot to clear the warning 'this movie file cannot be played', when recording on any 24p mode. Has this happened to anyone? I can live with it, but it is annoying, and costs me some precious time. DrewnetT8 worked perfectly, except the HI 24p modes were erratically decoded in FCP X - some had some nasty drops, which resulted in some file losses - the files played fine on the GH2, and were mostly ok on FCP X, so the cards were wiped before the problems were spotted. Again, has this happened to anyone, and can i do anything to save those files? These are post-import .mov files. Thanks, and all the best. PF

• Shoot 23.976 fps

• @flaschus

Moon T-5 has smaller files. Also your question about 24p versus 23.976 is very vague?

• 2 questions for whomever..

Which version of moon had the smaller files?

Also has anyone found definitive evidence of recordings at 24p versus 23.976? thanks

• moon T7 :) igloo test

• @Brian_Siano, This road is,...This is true not only for Luna7.I'm glad if we helped

• @Meierhans Thanks. I'm not sure how to do this in Premiere Pro, but I'll hunt around and report back.

But it seems to me that, if I'm using Moon T7, I ought to use the version that shoots at 23.97 and 29.97 fps.

ADDENDUM: Just went into Premiere Pro. Selected the footage, right-clicked on Modify/Interpret Footage, and selected Progressive (Ignore fields). Footage now looks great. Thanks, Meierhans and Kris!

• @Brian_Siano,Yes, what I said is @Meierhans, true and very important for 30p,or 25p

• @Brian_Siano In case your 30FPS Footage was recorded in HBR mode its most likely a misinterpretation of your NLE. GH2 writes these files into an interlaced container, if you don't tell your NLE manually that its progressive footage inside its can result in the kind of problem you describe.

• LOL, shoots, sorry my video upload started a grading debate. I thought about providing a dropbox link for the original files but forget about it! Bottom line is that these hacks with settings turned down allows one to push the grade to what ever look they want. Some people like Producer prefer darker shadows/higher saturation and others don't! Good thing were all different otherwise it would be boring. I agree with sam, no need to continue that topic here. Even though I now have the GH4, I also look forward to Driftwood's new release and plan to keep the GH2 no matter what! It will make a good B camera to the GH4 more so than the GH3 I think, at least in terms of video. And it is small so Ideal for mounting on a Gimbal.

• @Jim_Simon

I see, and when you mean span. I assume when the file size hits 4gb it stops recording correct? If that's the case, then I definitely need to get the 64gb size. Thanks!

• Well, there's that jitter problem I reported a few days ago. Once again, the details. Shot scenes with the Moon T7 version that shoots at pure 24 and 30 fps. My 30fps footage has this vertical jitter, as though every other frame was one pixel higher or lower. No such jitter on the 24fps footage. (This is playback within Premiere Pro.) Any idea what's wrong?

• I can only wonder if all this motion picture look talk is just a guy trying to sell his plugin. All I see in these examples is a lot of crushed blacks and over saturated colors. I don't like most of the "afters".

Let's get back to something worthwhile, like driftwood's upcoming next release.

• I think we should have a Grade-off, where everyone downloads the Vimeo comverted hd.mp4 file :-)

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters