Personal View site logo
Teclast 8.9" tablet with 2560×1600 screen
  • 43 Replies sorted by
  • Has anybody seen a similar Chinese ~2.5k tablet like above, but with a larger screen, say 11" or higher?

• Yes, v. nice - and ~$5k US: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/UT-MB5025SEM

Where's the cheap Chinese version? : ). Might see one in 1-2 years.

• Panasonic makes a 20" tablet with a 4K screen.

http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughpad/us/4k-tablet.asp

• That's one big-ass tablet VK : ).

Yep, but it is good. With very good large screen.

If you spend time it is usually possible to get it with good discount.

• That's one big-ass tablet VK : ).

• But 4K will be useful on a larger tablets eg. for high-res artwork, even if you have to get closer to see all the detail.

I am even ok with FullHD on 18" tablet (Dell XPS). :-)

I actually want to modify a high-res tablet like this one for 3D viewing (with a custom parallax barrier overlay) - this halves the horizontal pixel count for each stereo view, so the resolution is useful.

Huh. It is hard.

• VK, at this screen size I agree. But 4K will be useful on a larger tablets eg. for high-res artwork, even if you have to get closer to see all the detail.

I actually want to modify a high-res tablet like this one for 3D viewing (with a custom parallax barrier overlay) - this halves the horizontal pixel count for each stereo view, so the resolution is useful.

• Just superb. Want one.

• Anyone heard of any (affordable) Chinese 4k tablets yet?

4K tablets do not exist, just because no one make small 4K panels yet (as real products) :-) Plus I have high doubts that you'll be able to tell the difference (except that it'll work from battery for much smaller time).

• Sounds promising VK. Anyone heard of any (affordable) Chinese 4k tablets yet?

• This seems to be a Chinese site where you can pre-order: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a220m.1000858.1000725.1.pwHUIm&id=39220895272&cat_id=2&rn=57d971571645160b8da43346641a1f94&user_id=862591116&is_b=1

Google seems unable to translate it (China still blocking them?) ...

• Res (higher is better) and IPS are good, next question is what the colour quality is like.

Must be good, according to tests Kindle HDX screen is best screen of top tablets.

• Interesting, thanks VK. I'm considering this as a dedicated viewer/player. Res (higher is better) and IPS are good, next question is what the colour quality is like.

• OK, very cool. Thanks. I found a place that will update my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 with Slim Bean Custom ROM. I might start there and see how it goes. I really hate not being able to uninstall what I want. Hope it works.

• @ragnar

It seems like it uses screen ala Kindle HDX. As for faster - faster in tablets now is mostly for games :-)

Is it even possible to buy a tablet these days where I can install/uninstall exactly what I want and where I want?

On most good tablets you can make root and do more things, of course you can uninstall things. Also many custom firmwares exist usually.

• Also, newb question here. I wish I had 100% control over my operating system on my Galaxy Tab. Is it even possible to buy a tablet these days where I can install/uninstall exactly what I want and where I want?

• So would this be faster than my 3 year old Galaxy Tab 10.1? At $250 that's quite a bargain, I think.