Personal View site logo
manual control on gh2
  • im using my gh2 and trying to get competent with all manual. i find that the 0+- indicator constantly moves up or down with any camera movement. sometimes when im out in bright light i have to use shutter to get it to zero on exposure and i know thats a no no. i need a nd filter for 14-140 any suggestions. any help with these two inquirys?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Manual control is available in movie mode (top dial) and then you can select PSAM modes. If you select M mode, all parameters could be set manualy. So if you lock shutter to 1/25 and aperture to f2.8 it will stay there and will not change brightness of the image.

• thank you yes i understand that the exposure wont change but the exposure meter is telling me it wants to by dashing up and down the + - o. i find that annoying lol

• When you move the camera the light conditions change and thats why the exposure-o-meter also goes back and forth :) This is manual control. If you want it to keep the exposure always "correct" automatically then you should not use manual mode :)