Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
manual control on gh2
  • im using my gh2 and trying to get competent with all manual. i find that the 0+- indicator constantly moves up or down with any camera movement. sometimes when im out in bright light i have to use shutter to get it to zero on exposure and i know thats a no no. i need a nd filter for 14-140 any suggestions. any help with these two inquirys?

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Manual control is available in movie mode (top dial) and then you can select PSAM modes. If you select M mode, all parameters could be set manualy. So if you lock shutter to 1/25 and aperture to f2.8 it will stay there and will not change brightness of the image.

• thank you yes i understand that the exposure wont change but the exposure meter is telling me it wants to by dashing up and down the + - o. i find that annoying lol

• When you move the camera the light conditions change and thats why the exposure-o-meter also goes back and forth :) This is manual control. If you want it to keep the exposure always "correct" automatically then you should not use manual mode :)