Personal View site logo
Adobe Creative Suite 6, CS6 topic
  • 132 Replies sorted by
  • @tinbeo I asked myself the same question...

What I could come up with was this: Let's assume that your clip has scenes ABC and you only want to stabilize part B. I insert the clip ABC in the time line and then I duplicate layers two times. I end up with:

1-ABC

2-ABC

3-ABC

I then set the IN point of and OUT point of layers 1,2 & 3 as follows:

1 - A##

2 - #B#

3 - ##C

...and then I apply Warp Stabilizer to Layer 2 alone. If the video is relatively stable in A and C it should work well, but if B doesn't end up aligned with A and C what you can do is make B bigger if you start earlier to the side of A and end later to the side of C.

I would also like to know if there is an easier solution!

• Is anyone else having HUGE render times with GOP1 in Premiere? It took me 6 hours to export a 4 min music video with minimal effects.

• @thougts2uk That doesn't sound right. I'm regularly rendering stuff that long in a 6th of your time or less. As VK suggests, what hardware you using?

• Every time there’s a new version of Adobe’s creative suite, designers and artists all around the world shudder with the thought of more upgrade expenses. Personally, I’ve always put a lot of thought, weighing the pros and cons of new software with the ones I’m accustomed to before investing. This year, when the new Photoshop CS6 released, this video - http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs6-creative-cloud-feature-tour-for-design/russell-brown-six-favorite-features-from-photoshop-cs6-in-six-minutes/?sdid=JUMMY is all it took to convince me to buy the full version, no matter how expensive, because frankly, every feature highlighted is something I had hoped for in future upgrades.

• I've just bitten the bullet, and upgraded to the full cloud from 5.5, I just missed out on the freebie upgrade .. I must say premiere is looking good (I've never been a fan), the customisable buttons are awesome.

• It's not much different from V5.

• I too am having audio issues - no audio present at all. I see other people have this problem too. Has anyone found a solution? Thanks

• Like any software, there are some bugs, so I'm keeping CS5 on my computer as well. There are definitely some audio issues as far as the actual timecode, but so far pretty smooth sailing. After importing audio, make sure you let it glug through the conforming process completely or you can have some weird things happen. Also, I recommend you do not upgrade your NVIDIA drivers, although this is hardware specific of course. I'm using drivers from September 2011 after having real problems with the latest drivers. Don't install the HD Audio component of the NVIDIA drivers unless you need them. And do make sure you have real quicktime installed.

• @duartix ... I was new to premiere . Recently using the razor tool a lot of times, Seems to me this tool just like the add edit point in Avid. I applied lots of effect for cut clips by razor tool, thinking we could use this trick for stabilize. Did you try that yet?

• If anyone is experiencing crashes on OSX Lion, it may help to upgrade to Mountain Lion. I had huge stability issues with CS6 (especially Premiere) until I did that.

• @tinbeo I don't use Premiere. I'm doing my editing/Post in After Effects which is already overkill for me.

• Adobe Prelude seems like one of the most useful pieces of software in a long time. Make sure you ingest from your card or copy the entire avchd folder to your hard drive. It also exports final cut xml.

• As Adobe continues to focus on delivering world-class innovation through Creative Cloud and digital fulfillment, we will be phasing out shrink-wrapped, boxed versions of Creative Suite and Acrobat products,”

Electronic downloads for Creative Suite and Acrobat products will continue to be available—as they are today—from both Adobe.com, as well as reseller and retail partners. We are in the process of notifying our channel partners and customers, as plans solidify in each region.

Via: http://www.techhive.com/article/2030623/adobe-plans-to-halt-boxed-sales-of-creative-suite-software.html

• Ok folks - great deal on the Creative Suite, may be a good idea to sign up - especially with the upgrades coming after NAB. - 40% off / 29.99/month. Ends 4.19

http://www.adobe.com/products/discount-software-coupons.html?PID=3878565

• So the CC apps are live on Adobe's site - anyone installed it yet? I'm about to do the 30 day trial and see what I think.

• I was wondering if anyone can share what their experiences is like using CS6 with 4K footage. I've never done it. I'm pretty sure my comp has the firepower to handle it, but i am wondering what would be the minimum. That may be the biggest issue when it comes to GH4 for most people. Plus, i'm assuming GH4 mts files will be no issue running on earlier CS6? There's no way i'll go into their Cloud now or i'll just jump on to FCPX.

• No real difference. I edit 600MBs files from Sony PXW-Z100 on 3770 i7, 64MB GTX670, PP-CC

• Thanks JSPATZ. Ok, so, i'll have no prob with my comp specs but you're using CC. I guess it still should be ok with CS6.

• There are quite a few folks who've not moved from CS6 to CC who still edit RED, Alexxa, and the Sony and Panny pro-level cams (not the dslr's) on a daily professional basis. It isn't whether PrPro CS6 can handle 4k, it's whether the system that is your computer plays well enough with itself to do what it needs to do.

• Thanks for confirming rNeil. I should be good to go then. Are you planning to pick up the GH4 when it comes out?