Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Some stills from a build video. The bike is for me, the video will be finished when the bike is..hopefully in the next week or two. It's got a late-70's/early-80's vibe to it, so that's the direction I was heading with the grade...not final, but kind of close to what I want.

First two are ungraded, second two are graded. Moon Trial 7, ISO 1250, 1/40 shutter speed. Toyo 28/2.8 and Canon FD 50/1.8 with Metabones SpeedBooster. I think I shot around f/4 or so.

test1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    test3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    test2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    test4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • TATZU said on January 31: "@driftwood is there a reason you say to put i. dynamic on low when using moont7?"

Is this true? I didn't know anything about this... I've been running mine on high. What is the expected difference?

• @iAchilles. Nope. Not to my knowledge.

• I am still relatively new to hacking, so this is why I ask. Within any of these settings, is there a way to add peaking to the camera?

• Thanks @TATZU . :) i agree completely with @BurnetRhoades . :)

I keep Aperture in f/3 ~ f/4 shots, f/5 also use a little some too,this is my set.:)

24p Shutter 50.

iso: 160~400 .

White Balance,move to the right +a little blue.

grading: After Effects.(Sa Color Finesse)

highlight : red down .Improve green+ a little blue (like this picture ),you can see window is blue+green,

in the shadow : i put in a some blue.(in the hat,hair &Clothes).

mode : nostalgic (hold better ,the highlights and has gentle dark areas.).

so,The work is done. :) ,hope this test experience can help you.

i'm still learning, :) love it

Should Be..22.jpg
    1680 x 945 - 195K
  • Keep it f/4 or less (so 14-18mm) and you can still get some nice falloff.

• @electria0814 Why is there so much bokeh on the stock lens how you do that lol

• Because compression removes grain to save space but the overall quality is worse if you want your footage to look like his then just dont use the hack dont plan to do any grading or anything though...

• Yeah, ISO bug was my first guess and then the MT7 user just being on a bad ISO.

• @rumi What were the camera settings? Keep in mind it could have been the ISO bug that causes terrible noise.

• Strange a buddy of mine has a gh2 with out the hack, we were compairing are cameras and it turnd out that his was much cleaner. I was really surprized. Why would what I thought was the best setting moon t7 be much more grainy then the stoch firmware?

• @Tjabo Thanks :) really glad to hear your compliment . that is best compliment to me.:) my wife will happy to the all day,When she read this. I think XD. really really love it :) :)

@TATZU i use kit lens 14-42 g vario ,all shots :)

• @driftwood is there a reason you say to put i. dynamic on low when using moont7?

• @electria0814 What Lens Did You Use?

• @electria0814, SUPER video, and I definitely think your image quality is better now than it was with the drewnet settings. I agree completely with @matt_gh2, you are gifted. :)

By the way, while I was watching your video my wife walked into the room and asked "Who it was?" Meaning who was the singer (your girl) in the music video she thought I was watching. A pretty good compliment on the quality of video you made that my wife thought it was a professional music video!

• @matt_gh2 Thanks :) This is a gift for my daughter ,now I do not have children,But I believe that one day I can kiss her in the future and Tell her .how much I love her & she. life is a love. keep it :) @r2tincan I think you can use,in my work 24l is ok :)

• So correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm using Moon T7 and I have the 64gig 95mb/s sandisk card, I should be able to use the 24L mode? Or do I not want to? Thanks

• @electria0814 That was just a test?...damn! Very nice video. Lots of great shots. Lots of great editing choices.

• Moon t7 test .For my daughter

• @Tjabo Thanks:) No, I haven’t. I still have some left to do,have a some dance film moon 7 test ,i hope i can learn some more & improve film bettr ,i not a professional,this not my job,but i love it

• @driftwood Was looking through my footage and saw a few clips that kinda let me down i.q. wise. Then i relaised those were before i discovered driftwoods moont7 all my clips now look blu ray quality+ and the sound is great as well thnx so much looking forward to moont8! Here is the clip i realised i shot without the patch https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=501714119949137&l=8939463319955111842

• @cbm32221 sent you a personal message as this is kinda getting off topic

• @maddog15 How is this compared to 5DtoRGB?

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters