Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @dracore: Just tried a fast grading your video with my plug-in:

• @producer u r footage looks awesome,,, pls let me know abt the lenses and gadgets u used...:)

• @Driftwood this film was shot by me,,

pls write some feedback pal

• @Maya: Thanks, but which footage do you mean?

• Me and some friends competed in a contest to create a trailer. Used the trusty GH2 and Moon 7 to get our project shot.

• @producer: Interesting color combination although I think it's a little bit too yellow. Was a particular film type used for this or was it a custom set of colors?

@Maya: If you're referring to "Batsto Village", I filmed that on gh2 with tokina 11-16

• @dracore: You see too yellow in some scenes, because I applied my custom plug-in on the whole video, trying to make the most of it looking good.

Also, the yellow you mention appears because of too many overexposed scenes which have to be processed separately, but this was not my target.

• Super quick little test with Moon T7 (Sete) @ 23.976fps.

• Drewnet T9 (Fire & Road) test

• Gh2 14-140mm lumix Moon T7....

• Could we have a patch with a mode 720p@60fps ALL-I ? Although the 720p mode of T7 is excellent now, I still hope we can step beyond this.

• Shot on Moon T7

• Why cant I see any download link? Ive tried on both mac and pc to download the hacks but theres no links anywhere!

Screen Shot 2013-11-18 at 3.34.25 AM.png
    853 x 399 - 175K
  • @nickgiumenti The downloads can be found on the first page of this thread, in the first few posts by Driftwood.

• @kevin_kirchman Dude is funny. Great video.

• I absolutely LOVE that moustache video! So much so I totally forgot to look at the video quality, but I'm sure it is fantastic like all the other videos made with Moon T7 have been.

• I have been trying out some of the new patches, mostly Moon T7 and Drewnet 9. I am getting some weird resolving with straight lines at angles, for example the guitar strings in the attached photo (unprocessed, drewnet 9). The strings and frets don't look smooth at all, they look broken up, not even like straight lines. I've tried different patches and they all look the same. Is this just a limitation of the sensor? I love the gh2 and haven't noticed this problem before, but I've done mostly outdoor landscape shooting with it.image

gh2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 703K
  • Hey guys! I have a new-to-me GH2 that came with what the previous owner thought was Moon T5 on it. All that really worked with my 95MB/s Extreme Pro cards (8 and 32gig) was the HD MJPG mode, and that wasn't exactly reliable. My needs are primarily for Glidecam work on high speed objects--dogs tearing after people to get bites. Lol

Earlier today I tried Drewnet T9, and everything seemed to work, but at first blush I wasn't blown away by the quality, so I installed Moon T7 setE and have the following to report: With the Panasonic 14-42 on continuous autofocus at 14mm, in aperture priority wide open, everything seemed to work well other than FSH and SH modes, which would fail after 20 seconds or so.

Interestingly (to me, the noob, Lol), 24H runs fine at ~142Mb/s, and the SH is crashing at about 51Mb/s... There is a lot of motion blur on my Glidecam as expected when using the 24H, so it isn't a great answer for me.

Also, despite reading that the 1080i60 modes are really 1080/30P in an "interlaced wrapper," they appear for all the world to me to be interlaced recordings, with all of the jaggedy edges on everything like the bad old days of video! Haha

I ran one test of SH mode with an old Nikon 50mm AF lens on manual mode everything, and it seemed fine. 24H also worked great, but even with ensuring a proper 1/50th shutter speed, the motion blur is too much for me.

Summary for me at this point: With the Panny lens on AFC, my good 60fps option is H, at about 35Mb/s, and my good 30fps option is HD at about 83Mb/s.

I have speed tested my cards with Crystal Disk Mark, and they are comparable, with about 96MB/s max read speed and 82MB/s max write speed. Are the 64gig cards really fast enough that all of these modes will likely be usable with one of them, or am I likely to have similar results but be $120 lighter in the wallet? :)

Any suggestions? Anything the developers need more data on? I'd be happy to try out whatever settings are suggested.

THANKS! :)

• @Tjabo I think there was a @driftwood setting/patch that was really good with motion but I cant remember -maybe somebody can chime in if they know. Also the Flowmotion setting/patch gets good reviews for motion. Re 64GB Sandisk 95 MB/S, some have said they actually test somewhat quicker than the 32GB even though SanDisk lists both at 95 MB/s. Also read faq on this website re issues and errors that occasionally come up with diff SD cards. Just did 18 day shoot with Sandisk 64 GB and only had 1 error (no shots lost, just appeared to be and scared us, but shots were there when checked on laptop).

• Thanks matt_gh2!

Looking back at page 1 of this thread some more, it looks like setC, "Spizz" might be the settings that were supposed to be good for motion. @driftwood did a video comparing it to Flowmotion and showing a bunch of information that I didn't understand yet that culminated with something to the effect of "Goodbye Flowmotion!"

So, I will give setC a shot later in the day when we finally have some light here in dreary old Michigan. Lol

In the mean time, I'll try to google up some actual speed tests for the various sizes of Extreme Pro cards, and see if there is anything there. So far I haven't found the stuff about cards on this site that you mentioned.

• @Tjabo Your issues with SH mode and AFC will cause my GH2 to freeze up as well. Granted, I'm using Sandisk 45MB/s cards, but that's the only way it will. And even then it has to be stopped down to f8 or more to cause issues. A combination of the detail, continuous autofocus and bitrate seem to grind the GH2 to a halt. Try just turning off AFC and you should be okay.

Another video lookbook I shot with Moon Trial 7.

• @Tjabo That sounds like it. Can't remeber if that setting/patch was made by @driftwood or @bkmcwd but they both make good settings. I also think @bkmcwd starts with the primary goal of having a setting that never stops recording, so definitely look at his settings which also get good reviews. Good luck with settings...and weather.

• @coricidin12 try non-panasonic lenses

• Hi @powderbanks, your video looks great. Can you please share which formats, frame rates etc you've shot this? thanks

• @powderbanks That skateboarding video rocks. Best I've seen because you get the feel for the groups camraderie and their sense of fun. Music perfect. Awesome stuff really!

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters