Personal View site logo
Neway CK700-HOX, 1280x800 IPS monitor with vectorscope and waveform

Monitor with very handy features, sturdy metal construction, good kit.

Available now.

Price: $349 (also 3G SDI version is available for $559)
    Shipping: Price includes shipping for US/Canada/UK/Australia&NZ/Western Europe. Contact for any other regions.
    I want to buy this monitor.

• 123 Replies sorted by
  • this looks amazing... does it use the same ips panel as its predecessor?

• this looks amazing... does it use the same ips panel as its predecessor?

It is 1280x800 IPS panel, not the same. Just similar.

• If they add SDI, I'm in.

• @vicharris

SDI is not cheap in monitors, but very heap as separate SDI-HDMI converter :-) Check the topics.

As for SDI, I think it'll be soon for this model.

• Damn, I just bought their SDI monitor from here last week xD Time to nag about firmware update?

• Wow, i wish i'd waited for this one but bought its baby brother. Vectorscopes would be amazing!

• I'd pay $200 more for sdi to not have a converter box sitting on my rig and also worry about delay.

• Wow what a great software feature pack.

• Dang I bought one already. Looks good.

• @vicharris

I added 3G SDI version price, difference is almost as you asked :-) It is also available.

• Damnit, my $699 SDI version of the older monitor arrived today xD I won't sulk though. I... won't.....! xD

• What type of aspect ratios guides are there?

• What type of aspect ratios guides are there?

As far as I know it has set of standard rates. Without fine tuning ala CT76.

• So this monitor doesn't have as bright of a screen as the other one correct? 400 vs 600. How big of a difference will this make on a bright day outside?

• 600nits are good, but if you are not on steadicam and use supplied hood you are ok with 400 usually.

600nits panel are not very common and such brightness has its downsides (like light leakage in darkness for CT76, it is much rarer with new batches but still happens sometimes).

• Thanks for the quick feedback

• Will this take the 1080p signal from the BMPCC without issue?

• Will this take the 1080p signal from the BMPCC without issue?

By idea it must, but as it is new thing I did not see user reports.

• Understood, thank you for the quick response!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, do you know if this model has a 'de-squeeze' live view mode for 2x anamorphic lens monitoring?

It may not have a preset mode for 2x anamorphic de-squeeze, however, via the settings, can the vertical pixel height be reduced by, say, 50% to achieve the intended goal for 2x anamorphic monitoring? Thank you, VK.

• I ordered the SDI version on 8 Jan and it arrived today. That was fast! It's a great piece of gear and on a first test it works perfect with the BMPCC. Audiometers. Yeah! Thanks for this great deal!

• @peaceonearth Good to hear. Question. How responsive are the turn knobs? This has some of the same parts as a other monitor I had and it seems if you turned the knobs a little too fast, they wouldn't register in the menu. Does that make sense?

• @vicharris I haven't checked it in detail and I don't have a comparision either but I didn't see any issues up to now.

• @peaceonearth could you please tell me what are the choices for custom guide lines? any 2,35:1 option? asked about the 2.35:1 aspect ratio to their website but got no answer :(

• @hedrox There are no guide lines. Just a center mark and a screen marker in 6 steps from 80% to 95% . Aspect ratio is 4:3, 16:9 and full screen.