Personal View site logo
Personal View Video Contest
  • 112 Replies sorted by
  • When Vitaliy mentioned this contest, that the video should tell a story, and have a Christmas theme, I remembered this very old piece of music by the Venetian composer Tarquinio Merula from 1639. In the lyrics, the Virgin Mary is celebrating the birth of her child, but at the same time has a vision of the future, and tells the sleeping child his future as she sings him to sleep. Hauntingly beautiful music. The full text in Italian and the translation are on the Vimeo site.

Tarquinio Merula: Hor ch'è tempo di dormire; Voices of Music with Jennifer Ellis Kampani

Vimeo always screws up the audio, so here is the youtube link:

Or download the file from Vimeo. Mics MKH40, MK21 M130. Cams 6x HF G10

• shot on a GH2 Moon t7 patch

• Video + dance performance on the theme of First World War, as experienced in the Italian region of Friuli Venezia-Giulia, characterized by a particular rocky natural environment called Carso. First part of the video representing the woman waiting for her lover to come back from the war. Second part representing the soldier unable to escape through the barricades, the same rocks of which the Carso is composed of. Third part is the recording of the live act which followed the video, where the dancer white-painted skin represents the rocks, stained by soldiers' blood.

Shot on BMPCC and GH3

• While this is shot on an iphone 5 the slider would be particularly useful with my GH2

• This was the first short I ever shot with my GH3, mated to the Nikon 50mm/1.4 and Tamron 90mm/2.5 macro.

• Is this just kind of open season? Recently got a cut together for a new Art Museum going into the heart of one of Panama's lost neighborhoods...7 minutes long, in Spanish 100% Moon T7 GH2 and GH3. Deadline was Christmas day.

password: casa

• A heartwarming tale of a man visited by a very special cookie. Shot on the Pocket Cam for this Christmas. Had some interesting challenges adding VFX through the grading process.

• Hello, I hope that this would fit, this is a christmas card shot back in 2012 with Sony NEX FS 700 Slow motion.

• Hello, my video "Le Joyeux Noël d'Ezechiel". Filmed with Canon C100.

• @5mars

Thanks. Christmas is really family holiday and you shot it right.

• More to the spirit of the season; others are better direct.

• There was no time to do an extra christmas movie, because all my energy went into this little piece about a local company doing community work (german with subtitles). Gh2 with Moon T7.

• Hello

I made this music video for my band. Shoot with a Hacked GH1 and Panasonic 14mm/ Canon FD28mm, FD50mm lenses.

• Hello everybody. This is my first try with freelensing and I did it handheld, so please forgive me these unsteady and shaky shots :)

• I like this one better though hehe sorry I didnt mean to post 2 but my son and I had so much fun when we go shooting.

• A Tahoe Christmas: Shot for fun and for the contest over the holidays in Tahoe with some of my favorite friends.

Shot with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera with a Panasonic Leica 14-50mm 3.8-5.6 Graded in Davinci Resolve using CaptainHooks LUT. Music: Rebel Jesus by the Wood Brothers

• @StevenTrillberg as the son of a organic dairy farmer in New Hampshire (though I grew up in Maine), this really brought me home. Well done.

• Hello PVers.

Here's a short film I did recently with a fashion photographer friend of mine. Used a GH2, various lenses, and some patch I can't remember.

Thanks PV

Sincerely,

Dimitrios

• I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with a video I made for a small local brewery:

Wish I had something more current to enter, but everything I have is not yet allowed to be released.

• My musical portrait of a Djembe drum, how it's made and how it sounds. Handcrafted and played by Martin Bernhard. Djembe comes from the saying "Anke djé, anke bé" which translates to "everyone gather together in peace" and defines the drum's purpose.

Camera : 2x Panasonic GH2 AVC-Intra Driftwood VY Canis Majoris Day

Lens : Nikon AF-S 24-70mm f2.8 G ED, Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 AT-X PRO DX

• Shot on GH2 with pantax 110 20-40mm F2.8 Shot in 3h in Barcelona.

• This is a video I made telling the story of a 16 year old boy with Stage 4 cancer....and his dream to become a police officer. A local group of police officers decided to make that dream come true.

The video was shot with a Panasonic GH2 using a Voigtlander 25mm and an Olympus 45mm 1.8

• Panasonic GH2 with driftwoord apocolips now hack and DIY igus slider

• Guys, read terms, please, before posting.

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions