Personal View site logo
1280x800 IPS 7" NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI monitors, amazing
  • 266 Replies sorted by
  • I'm debating between this Neway SDI version and the iKan D5 SDI version. The ikan is around $100 more and the screen is smaller, but I wonder which one best suites the BMCC. If when shooting ProRes, focus peaking doesn't come through well, that would be a huge issue for me.

Has anyone used both this and the ikan? Any comparisons / insight between the 2?

• Yeah i know... Marshall have and others... i have two big original and new of that batteries!

• They not have a Sony M plate option?

It is really rare for any monitor. usual option is bracket for Sony NP batteries as they are very easy to find, cheap and come at different sizes.

• They not have a Sony M plate option?

• http://www.ebay.de/itm/181127703010?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I think this one would pretty much work with the GH2 and the Monitor..., I will test it and review how long the battery holds!

• So far I am very pleased with this monitor. I've read now that most of you use a np f960 to power this buddy up. I am looking now at something smaller, the np f750 which Vitaliy mention somewhere at page 2. Has anyone experiences with these batteries? And did anyone have luck with thirdparty batteries, in particular with 750?

• My SDI version arrived today, works flawlessly with the BMCC! Great colours and user settings, just like the HDMI brother owned before (the reason of upgrading to this when I bought the BMCC).

Unfortunately it has spill along the edges, especially in the upper right corner. It's only really noticeable with very dark images. I don't think I will send it back, pay customs twice ain't no fun.

And I got it for focus pulling only, so no worries. And to bad it didn't come with a nice box like the HDMI version did.

• Just got a chance to hook this monitor up with a BMPC. The images look great! Much better than pairing with my GH2.

• Im looking to use this monitor for a helicopter monitor, and am wondering what rez would I get when plugging into the video input instead of the HDMI on the monitor. the video recever only has RCA out for monitoring.

• I've owned it for a year also, it's great! no complaints for price. I just want to make it more useable outdoors!

• I own this monitor since one year and can't belive to read here so much beefing about it. Despite the fact that it isn't a perfect monitor for any purpose (barely one is), it is usable under any field conditions that don't require an ultimate weather sealing. Great value for the $ and adjustable in so many ways.

• Yah, I figured it would be too big :P the hood is kinda flimsy and doesn't really handle outdoor so good though.

• Is there any way to add a loupe/viewfinder to this to use it as an EVF?>

To a 7" monitor?

Yeah, sure there is. ; )

american-submarine-captain-peering-through-ship-s-periscope-searching-for-japanese-shipping.jpg
    473 x 473 - 61K
  • Hi luekio, i would say that its too big (7inch) to use like an EVF, but it does come with a decent enough hood for outdoor use.

• Is there any way to add a loupe/viewfinder to this to use it as an EVF?

• what do you guys recommend for 5D mark 3 ?? Did some1 made some tests or its better to wait for new models to come out ?

What you mean? It is topic about specific monitor. As far as I know it has no problems with 5D Mk III and set of very good features.

• So what do you guys recommend for 5D mark 3 ?? Did some1 made some tests or its better to wait for new models to come out ?

• I Just got the CL70 and I'm impressed. The resolution and colours are really great and the menus are simple enough. Nice additions would of been 2:35:1 markers, but overall i'm very pleased. I've found that the monitor doesn't respond nicely to being turned on with HDMI cable already connected to GH3. Instead its best to turn on both monitor and GH3, then connect the cable.

• Well, compared to my Zacuto EVF Pro, it's quite far from what I'm used to. As they always say "you get what you pay for" :)

This one I do not understand. Last time I checked EVF Pro is 800x480 viewfinder. So remark about some resolution issues with Neway is strange. Btw picture on low res monitor (or projectors) can look sharper as you see grain and lines between pixels.

Tested on GH2, the color is quite warm.

This is fixable by adjustments. Usually using some test chart.

The only thing I wish is if they could fix the custom aspect ratio to get anamorphic lens desqueezed properly.

Problem is no one advertised them as having "anamorphic lens desqueez" :-) Restrictions to rations arise to used chipset restrictions as I understand and have nothing to do with software or implementation.

• I can confirm the Neway CL76HO works fine on the bmpcc.

• Well, compared to my Zacuto EVF Pro, it's quite far from what I'm used to. As they always say "you get what you pay for" :)

Tested on GH2, the color is quite warm.

Overall it's a great usable field monitor so far, especially for the price point.

The only thing I wish is if they could fix the custom aspect ratio to get anamorphic lens desqueezed properly.

• resolution aren't that great

What is the problem with resolution?

Also do not remember color issues reports.

• Got my CL76HO-X today. The build quality looks good. Light and solid.

I like the menu navigator and buttons on the monitor. Nice and easy to use.

However, the color and the resolution aren't that great. Not what I expected but usable.

Will try it on BMPCC once I get my microHDMI cable.

• I'd like to know if it will work on the BMPCC also. Cheers

• The problem with the BMPCC must be something else than only progressive vs. PsF.

The Ikans and Seetec don't work, while the work just fine on a RED (strictly progressive) or GH2 (PsF). Marshal and SmallHD work.

Anybody can confirm definitely if the Neway works with BMPCC?