Personal View site logo
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters

Above is Nikon F/G - m43 0.71x.

• m42 to m43
    • Nikon F /G to m43 (new, with tripod mount ring, check photo above)
    • Canon EOS (passive) to m43 (new, with tripod mount ring, check photo above)
    • Canon FD to m43
    • Monolta MD to m43
    • Pentax K to m43
    • Pentax PKA to m43 (for lenses without aperture rings)

Improved optics making is sharper than Mitakon offerings.

Price: adapters without tripod mount - $122 $90, with tripod mount - $129 $99
    Shipping: Price already includes shipping for all countries.

I want to buy this adapter.

• 782 Replies sorted by
  • For such price I'll get one. Or two.

• Is this like a Speedbooster? If so, is it .71x with one stop faster? If so, price looks great.

• If so, is it .71x with one stop faster? If so, price looks great.

It is 0.71x, yes.

• will it work with BMPCC?

• will it work with BMPCC?

Why not? As I understand it is 0.5-0.57x Metabones that have some issues.

• This new one together with the KIPON one and others, it seems we'll be seeing a real explosion in numbers of speed boosters out there! Which is only a good thing, gives even greater choice.

• Any word on an FD to M43 version?

• It is the Mitakon that doesn't work with the BMPCC according to Cheesycam.

• @Flaaandeeers

First, it is not Mitakon. Period.

Second:

This is back of Mitakon adapter. Easy to understand why it has issues?

@cantsin @nobbystylus

Same thing, guys. Read top post, at least. Posts removed.

kipon7.jpg
    594 x 469 - 32K
  • Are there any reviews or specs for this 'RJ' adaptor? I'd be keen to see the quality of the shots taken.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    It is pretty clear to me that this is not Mitakon. I wasn't saying that. My point was that the Mitakon is the one that has issues with the BMPCC (your picture is elocuent), not the Metabones.
    Regarding RJ Lens Turbo, it looks pretty impressive and cheap.
    If my country lets me import foreign products again, I'd certainly like to try it.

• Any plans to make the adapter work with sony alpha, minolta autofocus lenses?

• @brianc1949 Just a thought: would it be possible to make an anamorphic Speed booster?

• This adapter seems to be pretty sharp, scroll down on this link

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3489623#forum-post-51476898

• where can we order one?, I Don't see a link on first post

• Anyword of a CANON FD version? The photos on Dpreview look great

• Looks like there are eight versions on their website, but I don't know if they are shipping, or even if the website is real. We will know soon enough.

• @Vitaliy

I'd be interested if you know the answer to the fd/m43 version question as well. Sorry for mixing this with the mitakon. For some reason I was under the impression these were just two rebranded identical products. And also, is it your impression the RJ is better than the mitakon ? thanx

• @DrDave thanks for mentioning about the 8 versions, it lead me to find their website. It only lists their Nex compatible boosters, but a whopping 8, of which they have Sony Alpha lenses, so MAYBE if they are now getting into m43 adapters, they make one for that as well. That would be absolutely incredible for me :)

• Could I use my m42 glasses with a mechanical m42 to nikon g adapter or do I have to buy one with a lens inside (I saw both versions on ebay) and have further quality loss? Sorry, I know its a bit off-topic, but would help me to buy one of the RJs so. Anybody heard about this: "...the Mitakon later arrival (0.72x), sold by MX-Camera & RJ;" (comment in dp-review)

• I'd be interested if you know the answer to the fd/m43 version question as well.

As far as I am aware it is planned.

And also, is it your impression the RJ is better than the mitakon ? thanx

We work with RJ for long, long time. And it is his words.

• @oscillian: An anamorphic adapteris difficult to design and would have very limited usefulness IMO. The big problem with all rear anamorphs is that they do not provide the elliptical bokeh that seems to be the main attraction. Given the design difficulties and lack of anamorphic artifacts you would be better off just cropping to the narrower format.

• @brianc1959 Ok, thanks for answering :-)