Personal View site logo
Metabones lens speed booster adapter, focal reducer
  • 873 Replies sorted by
  • M43 speed booster for Minolta MD and canon FD Releases! One of those days marked red in the calendar!

• ...with lens turbo sure to rabidly follow ! Regardless that competition is inevitable, it's a great sign metabones chose to do the fd adapter, if quality is the ultimate goal. Anyone drooling over the gh4k rumors knows this portends well for their now and future cameras.

• Can't wait for my FD SB to arrive. I've got 7 FD lenses all waiting for the 'boost'. Also excited by the GH4(k).

• Minolta MD – Woohooo!

That gem 35-70mm will get a boost now. Quite a few others too.

• Just ordered the Minolta MD to M43 Metabones booster. Can't wait to put this baby on my Minolta collection of lenses, especially the 58/f1.2, 85/f2 and 135/f2.8

• Hi guys,

I got my Sigma 14-35 f1.8 yesterday. Today, I shot a fresh TV episode using the Sigma with my Speedbooster on my BMCC. I decided to leave this in REC 703 with no grading, just to get a quickest possible upload, for what that's worth.

• @ahbleza To be honest it's hard to tell anything from this. Doesn't look any different from well shot GH2 footage to me.

• Pants off lol - just bought a 100 f2 Rokkor - good times - 58 1.2, 35 1.8, 85 1.7 and 100 2 love the Rokkor rendering - missus will kill me but watching 28 f2 and 16 2.8 - hard to hide the deliveries!

• raw, grading ... cameramen - film-makers etc aren't graders - that's a skill - a long time learning skill - that's why onliners and colourists earn a fook load of cash - let us not pretend that we can do the job they do we can't - sadly the BMPCC et al are cameras that produces footage that would go into post - it aint a pointy shooty baked in good times camera - it's a camera. Daily I see offline cuts transformed by graders into viewable footage - also as a mixer does polishing shit sound (almost 100% of the time now!) melding a deliverable product - do it 360 days of the year and then contemplate moaning about footage - the only seriously approached shoot done on this little cam is Frank Glencairns - shot 9 Peugeot ads on it along with Alexa etc and none of the suits had any comment aside from how did you get the camera there on the car - loads of writing and re-circulating ofquotes, memes and shyte basically - get out and do some stuff? If your lurking - shouldn't you be out making? Enter Burny Roads for his no compromise wisdom ;p If he's not trolling Redstan on EOSHD

• @vicharris I thought pretty much the same thing. We had plenty of light, although it was somewhat of a rush. I noticed some issues with the dress she's wearing, with a little noise. I didn't do a thing in post -- no grading, nor sharpening nor noise reduction.

Because the goal was speed, I shot in ProRes with REC 709 baked in, just to see how it would come out of the camera. I also feel I could do just as well with my GH2.

• Now let´s hope Metabones cracks the issues with m43 / EF conversion. Not only to go with speedbooster but a normal adapter would be great, too.

For me, that would make EF mount lenses a little more appealing as many lug around canons and canon mounts still - stocking up on some great EF lenses for video would make "good" business sense whilst I can make use of such lenses myself.

• Today ordered a Sigma 18-35 f 1.8 Nikon mount and the Speed Booster Nikon G to MFT. Both orders arrive this tuesday! I will shoot some samples with the GH2 and GH3 then and post it.

• @Gerondo

Looking forward to it :-)

• i would be really interested in some footage from minolta 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4 with speed booster!

• Wow, canon FD mount SB sold out already. Was looking to buy one and use with my 28-50mm f3.5. With the SB, I can now get 19-35mm f2.8. Waiting to see some footage of the SB on an FD.

• I sent an email to metabones about the idea of using dandelion chips to try to enable idynamic using legacy lenses in adapters in GH2 / GH3 to improve dynamic range. They sent back an email saying they liked the idea and they will take a look on it, no promisses but they liked. The topic about the idea is:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/8553/chip-for-enable-idynamic-with-legacy-manual-focus-lenses-with-adapters

• @test1 you need to maybe google up the definition to "troll" as this is at least the second time you've used it bass-akwards in my direction.

• First quick test with Speed Booster Nikon mount and Sigma 18-35 on a GH3. All wide open aperture

wiel.jpg
    1417 x 1063 - 1M
    close-up-wiel.jpg
    840 x 714 - 111K
    rood-boekje.jpg
    1417 x 1063 - 95K
    close-up-rood.jpg
    918 x 789 - 87K
    deur.jpg
    1417 x 1063 - 117K
    deur-close-up.jpg
    648 x 603 - 38K
  • Here two small samples of the speed booster and Sigma 18-35 with GH3: both in low light with wide open aperture. All settings dialed down to -5. No sharpening or other post. Recorded at 50p and conformed to 23.97

• Thanks for sharing. I thought I was over lens lust for awhile just having got a 12-35 and a 35-100 but this looks like a sweeeeet combo!

• @kellar42 the Sigma is amazingly sharp and with this combo I did not feel the need to sharp at all in post! All settings were down at -5. I just have the combo today. Tomorrow I will post a clip of another sweet combo. Curious who guesses which lens has been used then...

• My FD > 43 MB SB arrives tomorrow.. can't wait to slap it on my 50 1.4, my 35 f2.0 and 24 f2.8

• @nobbystylus ....now we're talking. Let me know how you get on. What are you sticking it onto? GHx or BMCC?

• @itimjim .. its going on my GH2, Moon Trial 7.. got a shoot at the weekend... can't wait!

• So I couldn't hold out any longer. Just bought the mft version. It will interesting to see how it works on the pocket as opposed to the 2.5k. An extra stop of light on the pocket would really be nice for the low end.