Personal View site logo
Panasonic G6 topic, GH2 replacement camera
  • 1330 Replies sorted by
  • @mikea I take it you film using AFC? Also have you upgraded the firmware of the lens?

• @Sph1nxster AFS and no updates, checked that info and with a little luck that firmware update might address this problem, we'll update the camera and try to make a little more checking, same scene with and without OIS and auto focus and maybe a different lens as well. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction!

• @MikeA....was your permanent AF on or Off ? Turn AF off, do the same video shots again..?

• @MikeA I had a similar issue and returned the camera. It's possible mine was broken because I couldn't get the stabilization indicator to show on the camera.

• @stoneinapond, what stabilisation indicator should show up, where ?

• Did new tests after firmware update on 12-35 lens and it looks promising, did not get any obvious micro vibrations or unprovoked shaking pictures. Used same cheap tripod, windy day etc. Video with OIS on/off and focus AFS/AFC or manual look the same now so I guess the issue is fixed, hopefully..

• @MikeA, didnt know the last update wasnt done..there also was a misunderstanding. I mixed your problem with @Hionhifi's Nikon lense problem...

• @Benibube no worries, thanks to everyone who is interested in helping out when you notice issues, it's great! now it feels a little more safe to bring the G6+12-35 with us

• Any news about hack?

• I know that since the G6 has had a firmware update, hacking is now possible. However we don't know if the G6 firmware hack is on someone's desk being worked on.

@MikeA, did you update your 12-35mm lens to firmware ver1.2?

• Anyone know if / when the G7 will come out? Still waiting for price drops on the G6... G5 pricing dropped like a rock!

• @scotchtape

are you kidding ?

• No... G6 body here is $550+taxes locally... Kit is $599+tax this week.

On Amazon kit was $750 for a long time. Today on amazon kit is $640.

• Pretty sure there is not a hack being worked on right now. No body.

http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/ptool/cameras-status-faq

• So what ? This camera even without crack is great.

• G6 is on the hack list. We don't know when it's gonna happen but I agree with @digitalamator. it is a very nice cam and has really good reviews from happy users.

• have to wait three more weeks for my copy, cause my sister is going to bring it from overseas. too expensive and hard to find in my country at the moment.

• Guys i must buy urgently battery replacement to G6. Can you suggest someone ?

• I was answering @Grimor It is on the list to be hacked. It has firmware. A camera body or two is needed for hacking.

• @digitalamator are you looking for third-party batteries?

• Need some help here.

Although I had two GH2s at one point, I didn't actually use them for video and sold them. I now have a G6 and I haven't dealt with the AVCHD file structure before. How are you guys dealing with this issue? I didn't know you can't just rename files!!! Or that you have to copy over the whole directory...

Isn't this really annoying for events / weddings? Or for anything really...

Are you guys using converters? If so what works best for you...

Thanks!

• cjdincer yes i looking for non orginal batt. but i find it now. They have electronical chip like orginal panas so they display battery status. Cost ? 12 eur :)

• Scotchtape - AVCHD is no problem with all new editing systems. I use an iMac i make a back up of the SD card and put a copy on my editing hard drive and another to an archive hard drive. I use Final Cut Pro X and after setting up the event you import the AVCHD files natively or convert them to Pro Res - a fast iMac or PC can edit the AVCHD files natively if you prefer. Cheers Paul

• I open files from source folder with whatever software and no problems.