Personal View site logo
Olympus EM-5 topic
  • 386 Replies sorted by
  • Thanks Act. So you set your OMD to Contrast 0, but Curves to +2 Shadows and -2 Highlights. Is it possible to explain how is the result different compared to just leaving the Contrast at -2? I must say that that shaping the tone curves sounds like a better option and I wish I'd thought of doing that myself!

• OMD gives film look at regular Natural settings, if you don't want make any CC, just keep sharpness -2. It makes lot of details at shadows and lights out of box. But, if you like less contrast you can try curve shadows +1, lights -1.

• No, that settings are normal flat. Superflat is: Contrast -2, Saturation -2. Curve shadows +4, highlights -4 (maximum). Not good for skin tone after grading.

• Act, I'm not sure what you mean by 'superflat'. On my OMD EM5, I set Natural, Contrast -2, Sharpening -2, and Saturation to 0, but I leave the tone curves to default. Is this 'superflat'?

• Thanks Act, i don't know if i want to do some CC and grading yet. But i think i will do something, to create a film look as possible. So: Natural, 0,-2,-2. Curve shadows +2, highlights -2 and no superflat. I've to take confidence with the menu :D

• I love this camera! Dial Sharpness to "-2". If you don't want grade the footage, use natural settings, 0,-2,0. Curve to normal. For grading: Natural, 0,-2,-2. Curve shadows +2, highlights -2.

Don't use superflat, it makes skin tone too orange.

• Suggested settings for shooting video? Wich profile, how to set...

Yes, i've taken the Em5!

• Daylight - OMD EM5, Nightlight - GH2, Nokton 25mm, Nokton 17.5mm, Lumix 7-14mm, Lumix 12-35mm, Canon FD 50mm 1.2, Olympus 75mm 1.8, Olympus 12mm 2.0,Samyang 7.5mm 3.5

• Is there anybody here that has the pen ep5?

• I just conform all to 23.976p1080, nice option for easy slow motion rapid video.

• Videographers also say that 24p is the less important thing to have that cinelook you want. Also, with twixtor you can do something..

• I think I know why is all video on Youtube with Olympus looks too amateur. Because it first of all still camera, and there are no professional videographers want play with only 30p and low bitrate limitations.

• about 5000 plays. Shot on OMD. I think, no stabilization at post. Oversharpened because Sharpness "0", now I set it always "-2".

• Freehand-shot - IBIS for Film awesome - for Foto ?!Problem

• So no problem during recording? I'm thinking to take the pen ep 5 for video. I'm not going to take a panasonic without this perfect ibis.

Thanks anyway

• @Renovatio you need to update your firmware to the latest version. This is an old video.

• I would like to ask about Ibis in video mode. On youtube i can see so many test, but many aren't so good: it seems to watch some "water" on the screen. Take a look:

it's the autofocus, or the ibis can't be so perfect?

• Thanks @ntsan.

sharpness -2

• Those videos are really nice Vadim! There are very few OM-D shooters for video, probably because of the motion artefacts and limited video options, but you convinced me of getting one instead of thinking getting a G6 for 2nd body to accompany my GH3!

• ending scenes with GH2 for comparison and test to cut with EM5

• First test for hard grade at MBL. Maybe I need dial Sharpness and Saturation down. After 2.14 shots by GH2 Quality of vimeo (1080p) very different from original file.

• EM5+75mm f/1.8 Handheld ISO 1600-3200, conformed and edited at 23.097p AvidMC (offline quality)