Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • @Sharpixels, why don't you go out and try the patch and see how it behaves.

@Driftwood. The patch feels reliable and works like a charm. I just wonder why the motion feels little bit different at night time. I will soon post some night shots.

• @driftwood

...I am currently looking into ways of improving the 5DMKIII h264 - just needs different approach.

Are you a part of Tragic Lantern or is this a separate effort? A friend sent me a story about the 1% guys and their first All-Intra version of the encoder for the 5D. I guess we'll see if the Digic cameras really didn't have enough horsepower to do a good job or if it was Canon's engineers.

• @driftwood regardless of how "some people" is screwing up the patch post download, shooting a boring scene and then complaining, I get max/avg bitrate of 160/100 shooting detailed, moving footage. Pretty badass.

• @Sharpixels Enough of this. Do the proper tests. Fag break.

60p720 moon.png
    1723 x 968 - 1M
  • @Sharpixels I really don't understand what you're suggesting. Certain pictures WILL get you low QP macro blocks of +-2 variant on QP3 Do a full QP/DC Streamparser elementary stream test - and show the subject matter. Vary it too.

Here's an example where max QP values reach 5 and min = 1 !!!

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/uploads/FileUpload/57/62271344ffea5b390719c034e9d5e2.png

• Panny 14-42, Yashica ML 135. ND8. Sandisk 95MB 32GB. Minor colorcorrection.

• @FernandoAndre All the new Cluster X settings show best 60p quality out there in my opinion. :-) @Sharpixels Its designed to be flatter. Works the same with fast lenses for me? Can you upload some examples and Ill take a look.

• @Driftwood I think it'd be great to see more comparisons of 5D Mark III ML and CLusterX from you!

• I made some awesome shots with Moon T7. It's turning into a very good job! Tomorrow I need to shoot 60p with people singing, don't know if Moon is proper for this, but I will take the risk. Thanks for your work.

• @driftwood SetE is fine. i just loaded it and did a quick test. But SetE and SetD does the same. no 24frames in SetD. anyway, Thank You for such a Great Hack. its very filmy, flat and creamy.

• @Maya Use the standard setE of moon T7 and let me know. Everything will be fine with that version - if not - its your workflow! @sharpepixels don't understand your post - how can an encoder lose your depth of field?!

• @driftwood Should I patch my camera back to Moon T7 SetE? The 24 frames doesn't work at all. even the second time with 3.66D ptools showed 23.976 only. Cliwrap, 5D to RGB, VLC, and QuickTime everything shows the same before and after conversion. Please let me know if I have to do anything.

• Yes I have ND filters. Im gonna test it more tomorrow and upload some footage. Also gonna try different lenses.

• @kidgray

reddish tones coming out of the camera are irrelevant if it's RAW, one pinch of color correction and it's like magic

@driftwood did the 7-14 have any ND filters?

• @Driftwood. The pictures actually look quite similar, maybe the Canon have more saturation and little more contrast. I just wonder why all the canon footage have this reddish tone. Specially on skin tones.

• @callan

yes of course, spanning works with GH factory setting, that not an issue. I have tried Drewnet 8 a month ago, but it usually failed after few minutes, card writing speed issue, altought on my notebook card usually writes 18MB/s, which is much more than normal class10, but i guess some hacks need even more speed.

• That is a nice comparable shot. However the distance between land and water is much further away from the 5DMKIII. On the GH2 it looks a lot closer and i miss some of the picture from the sides, like the two chairs in the distance. Is that the effect because of the FULL FRAME vs M43?

• Canon 5DMKIII ML RAW v moon T7

ml raw v moon T7.png
    2169 x 722 - 2M
  • Hello!.Az currently'm DREWnet T9 and I can say that is amazing in all rezhimi.720p is good to have this moment.En 24p,25p is droped frustrating the first 3 frames.Thanks!!!, for the good work And I think others finish, DREWnet T9 is very good for continuous operation with midrange cards........... cheerssssssssss ;)))

Still0727_00002.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 214K
  • @dado023 my '95' x 64GB card is formatted exFAT in camera and spans in 4GB blocks. Maybe the file limit is set within the GH2. Out of interest did you try spanning with GH2 at factory settings? Mine was OK.

If you really must have the higher performance & spanning it seems the only safe way is to use the '95' card. If you do not require spanning and have other cards the Drewnet 9 would be my choice.

• The best hack for 1280X720 now is DREWnet T9? am I wrong?

• I've tried DREWnet T9 on a GF3 with SanDisk Extreme 30MB/s, and it seems to be rock solid: passes the "death chart" test, and gives around 35-40 Mbit/s on real-world scenes (HBR 1080i). However, it looks too soft even with 20/1.7. I've got GF3 only recently, so I'm not sure if it's due to the patch settings, or it's the best GF3 can do.

By the way, I've been running Slipstream #3 GOP-1 on a G3 for quite some time, it's pretty stable and the quality is amazing (40-70 Mbit/s).

• Just a few shots from a job shooted with Moon T7 sete AutoQuantizer 4 - All to details. Absolutely reliable on a Sandisk 64/95.

Settings: ISO160, Shutter 1/40, Sigma 30mm 1.4 at f1.8~2.2, Cinema 24p, Mode Cinema -2-2-2-2, WhiteBalance Incandescent. It's already graded.

• @callan, on my SDXC card my GH2 camera uses exFAT, there is no file limit on exFAT afaik, but not sure?, i guess this is more of GH2 itself limitation to 4GB...or not?

• @spacewig Hahaha. I think I have a migraine now.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters