Personal View site logo
Meetup: New York Personal View Members meeting
  • 62 Replies sorted by
  • I can make either 6/30, 7/6 or 7/8. Also, if you meet during the M-Sat schedule, the Brooklyn Public Library at Grand Army Plaza has a great meeting space that comfortably holds up to 30 people and has a huge projection screen that you can hook up a laptop to with access to the internet. You'd have to reserve it in advance & make the meeting open to the public but hopefully that's OK. Contact: Info Commons (718) 230-2491

• Once you guys have a firm date, if I can make up from Philly I will.

• @rockroadpix thanks for the mention. Was not aware about this. i'm down to attend... you guys come with a date and i'll be there (if i'm not working of course)

• @rockroadpix been real busy that's why you didn't hear from me. 7/7 sounds good to me I'm there for the NYC meet-up.

• I cant do the first weekend in July. Ill be in Ohio for two gigs maybe a third. The third weekend in July I am free but understand majority rule.

• I would love to go, but I will be shooting (with my GH2 Sanity 5.1) for my documentary about tabletop board game design http://kck.st/117INCN

• @OSGondar, I'm good first weekend in July, at the moment.

• I would like to came, and Union Square could be a great place, as it was mention, lot's of places for food and Coffee, including the Whole Food Market that is right there.

• I'm a GH2 user and would love to attend a meeting of GH2 & GH3 users. I'm out of town the weekend of July 6,7. I could attend a meeting on June 29th or 30th or later weekends in July. If unable to attend first meeting would love to attend in the future. I've a loft in the East village that might serve as a future meeting place but no large screen for viewing or a projector. No air conditioning in the main space but good cross ventilation if not too hot.

• Guys, you can always make survey about date at http://www.esurveyspro.com , it is easy.

• Alienhead:

I would like to meet GH2 and GH3 and others users in NYC too. And an extended version of the meeting in progress, I would propose a meeting with an agenda that would include:

• An indoor location to share a live screening of the attending users' works. Who doesn't want to see his/her work on a big screen?
    • To share the stories of the making and behind the scenes of their on-screen footage.
    • To have a warm feedback from the attendees.
    • First hand interchange of experience with gear, including lenses, adapters, etc.
    • Experience with different types of patches depending on the genre being filmed.
    • To open the door for local collaboration
    • As Alienhead has said, "to open possibly temporarily exchange of equipment or rent from to make the most of resources." which in NYC has been impossible for me to find a rental facility that rents the GH2 ether GH3. However, I rent them from LensRental, outside NY.

Others subjects can be added to the above list.

For the occasion Jeremy, another GH2 user can provide the location, and we will share responsibility providing the below equipment list:

• A Blu-ray player
    • A 39 feet wide screen or a 72" (5.8 feet wide).
    • A 720p projector, available now, or to rent a 1080p for the occasion for those with 1080p footage. It would be better if one of the attendee can provide the 1080p one to avoid the rent.

The date can be accommodated depending on the numbers of people, time and studio schedule.

Location is in Broxville, NY. Easy access through Metro North from Manhattan or upstate NY. Address and direction by car and other public transportation would be provided as a follow up accordingly with users interest.

Best regards,

Willian Aleman

• @rockroadpix Any of those dates are OK, but as I am in the process of moving, I can't say for sure until a few days before.

• @willianaleman I am a GH2 user. It would be great to meet up with other GH2 people who could potentially be 2nd camera hires or collaborators, and possibly temporarily exchange equipment or rent from to make the most of resources.

It seems unlikely to get everyone interested to meet on the same day, perhaps there could be two meetings on 6/29 or 6/30 and 7/6 or 7/8.

• I can probably make 7/6 or 7/7 work.

@willianaleman - a lot. I'm surprised that @jspatz , @madmax , @badhussar , @goodempire , @tommyboy , & @Trackzillas haven't chimed in...

• How many GH2 registered users are in New York?

• So who, beyond @Branson can NOT make June 29th? Could you suggest an alternative in July? Got OK for the space off Union Sq. today and I think repeat meetings are a great idea.

• Thanks @OSGondar for adjusting the date. Unfortunately my Saturday July 6 is locked down for a shoot (apologies I didn't mention). If the first weekend of July is the best time for most of you, I can always go to the next one.

cheers :)

• No worries @OSGondar, I'm not a true Trekkie, but in terms of decision-making, I'm all Spock.

• Ok, I hear you loud and clear and i will adjust! You need more than two weeks notice and June is very busy for the NYC folks. How about first weekend of July? That would mean @danabrams @Branson @rockroadpix @wowstanley @Alienhead and @posit can join...

Sorry @Branson but Postponing until mid august may be a bit too much, I rarely know what is going on two months from now, clients come and go, i can schedule for the next month though. Maybe we will have another meet not long after from the first one. So the first weekend of July? (Current June guys @HeroWorship @jasantana @atwater2 onboard too?)

Sound off! yes or no.. i hope this will accommodate a lot more of you =)

• I'm sooo down for a NYC PV meeting. But I'm out of town till late July. If anyone still wants to meet up then, let's be in touch. I'd be coming from the Philly area, but it's pretty definite I'll be in town from August 16 onward, if that's not too late and works for peeps. @OSGondar thanks for taking up the torch on this.

• @OSGondar - anyone with a family or other obligations needs more than 3 weeks notice for a weekend event. Especially in the summer.

• Hello All,

I'd like to cast a vote for meeting June 22 at Union Square.

• Yo NYC! Unfortunately I will have an upstate shoot June 22nd weekend and the 29th would be better as well. I might be able to organize access to a space (15 peepz) near Union Square to skype in @Vitaliy_Kiselev et all if I tell them that competent professionals in the group might be interested in booking it in the future (no affiliation ATM on my part).

• I'd like to go but can't 22nd, 29th would be better for me. I vote for Kenka, which I've never been to but must is probably more interesting than the Union Square choices. And if the group meets around Union Square, I would say Starbucks.

• I'd love to join you but I'll be out out town until July.