Personal View site logo
Cannes Grand Prize winner shot on Canon C300
  • It's old news by now but "Blue is the Warmest Colour", which took the top prize, the Palme D'or, was shot with the Canon, using CF cards and the 50mbit/s 4:2:2 codec.

It's kind of funny when you think of the thousands who are losing sleep over whether ProRes on the BMPC, at 4x that data rate(?), is "good enough".

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, it is good enough if you are telling story about lesbians.

If it was story about man and woman (sorry, as words could be banned soon, I better use "possible parent 1" and "possible parent 2" terms) I doubt that even trailer of gear and Red cameras could save you.

• If it's a story about a man and woman, then you just win Oscars and make billions of dollars.

The Canon C300 has an excellent image, it's just overpriced.

• Everything filmed with a Canon receive much marketing. Only three cats know that 'Ustream Colors' are made ​​with a GH2. And Im not wiriting about quality of the film, I read 'Blue is the Warmest Colour' its a great film. Only what Canon community have great market and the camera its only a tool.

I remember when all internet was invaded with the news that an episode of 'Dr. House' was done with a Canon,

• If it's a story about a man and woman, then you just win Oscars and make billions of dollars.

Not this decade. Only aliens and lesbians now...

• A huge marketing budget - and legions of lemmings :-)