Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Cannes Grand Prize winner shot on Canon C300
  • It's old news by now but "Blue is the Warmest Colour", which took the top prize, the Palme D'or, was shot with the Canon, using CF cards and the 50mbit/s 4:2:2 codec.

It's kind of funny when you think of the thousands who are losing sleep over whether ProRes on the BMPC, at 4x that data rate(?), is "good enough".

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, it is good enough if you are telling story about lesbians.

If it was story about man and woman (sorry, as words could be banned soon, I better use "possible parent 1" and "possible parent 2" terms) I doubt that even trailer of gear and Red cameras could save you.

• If it's a story about a man and woman, then you just win Oscars and make billions of dollars.

The Canon C300 has an excellent image, it's just overpriced.

• Everything filmed with a Canon receive much marketing. Only three cats know that 'Ustream Colors' are made ​​with a GH2. And Im not wiriting about quality of the film, I read 'Blue is the Warmest Colour' its a great film. Only what Canon community have great market and the camera its only a tool.

I remember when all internet was invaded with the news that an episode of 'Dr. House' was done with a Canon,

• If it's a story about a man and woman, then you just win Oscars and make billions of dollars.

Not this decade. Only aliens and lesbians now...

• A huge marketing budget - and legions of lemmings :-)