Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • @Vitaliy_Kiselev, wasn't the entire point of m4/3 about size? I think that many reviewers come at it from the view that one of the strong points was higher quality than and functionality than most compacts, but smaller than most DSLR. I agree with you that it's more comfortable and ergonomic to have the camera be a bit bigger, but I think they were only speaking from the view of the original purpose of the m4/3 design. Nearly full featured but small.

• Review by DPReview

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gh3/

Video part is writtent by @Voldemort , you can check it here - http://www.eoshd.com/content/9920/gh3-review

By foregoing the GH2's size advantage (c) dpreview

This guys are fucking insane. It is not size advantage, it is size disadvantage, and GH3 is still too small (for me). I really do not like anything smaller and lighter than Pentax K20D (unless it is K-01).

As for sealing, buttons and construction. It is still long behind K20D.

• I just ran a few tests with my gh3 and I found this problem. When in camera mode I´m recording at 24 fps avchd FHD (19201080), but when transferring the video to my computer, the frame size is 720480. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?

• The review item 2 about the detachable battery grip is also an error (in that the GH3 is not the first).

• We're pretty excited about our new GH3.

Just shot 2 videos. First one was with the new SLR MAGIC 25mm & 35mm.

Second one was with a Canon 5D Mark III and a GH3. Amazing how hard it was to tell the difference between the 2 in post.

• It's an error. You can get GPS coordinates into your images, but you must use Lumix Link on your phone/pad to push the GPS data to the camera from the phone GPS. There might also be other ways I don't know about, but there is no built-in standard-option GPS at least.

• @Vitaliy i read the camera review you mentioned and at the point 12 it says: "12. Built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) allows images and movies to be tagged with location information." Is it an error or i missed something..? thanks. Windsurf.

• @Oedipax As soon as it will be possible to use it..(i live in Europe..so this product is for now limited to 50p) i'll use it for shoting sport clips..in particular windsurfing. In this kind of situation i think it's really useful to have high frame rate in order to have nice clear and crisp image of the action..and evetually conform it in postproduction to a lower frame rate..For now of course i'm using 50p.. windsurf.

• Narrative in my case, it's an essential storytelling tool for me. There's lots of instances where actors do something too fast and I have to use all sorts of trickery in post. Better to just shoot 60p and conform to 24p in post. For example- https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzJ3L6nv6Fn0ZGd5dG9mTDFSaXc/edit?usp=sharing

• Are you guys really using 60P that frequently? What kind of jobs?

Not questioning the need for it, just curious. Narrative, documentary, corporate, what are you finding requires overcranking so often?

• Bought an NTSC GH3 second hand today for $1000 after hearing there's no new 60p cameras @ NAB. I'll be testing it against my fav DSLR of the moment the D5200. The cadence issue has scared me off the GH3 until now but I need a 60p B cam to go with my ???? A cam.

• @driftwood haha yes! i cant wait to see what id do for the coming up ages! thanks for watching! :D HACK HACK HACK HACK!! :D we want it! :p hugs to all!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Wow, that's a cool tip! It'll help me learn German :) . Do you know if the camera has more of those little secrets?

• @stanlymanly2 22, Holy shit Im old?! LOL :-) Can't wait to see the 33 and 44 year birthdays!

• A short video i made shot on the gh3. :)

Concept: I turned 22 today, so i made a video over night. 2 hours to compose and shoot and edit 2 angles 2 lenses used 22 seconds long 22 by taylor swift playing

i hope you like it! :)

• @manstok blow up the japanese models !!! I have a japanese body collecting dust unless vitaliy can take care of this with the hacking or non hacking or whatever magic he does... I might try your steps anyway, who knows...

• Great news! I just made my first donation. Can't wait to see what you can do Vitaliy, and thanks again for all of your hard work.

• Excellent!

• Time to play Vitaliy !!!!

• It is in good hands :)

• Just small update. I got GH3 body today.

• what do we want? A GH3 HACK!! when do we want it? WHENEVER @Vitaliy_Kiselev AND @driftwood can make it! :D