Personal View site logo
Official Panasonic GH3 topic, series 3
  • 1137 Replies sorted by
  • thank you feha!

• Wooops, sorry, I didn't knew about the hacking process or firmware format... Anyway thanks and good luck @Vitaliy_Kiselev!

• @emonty

do all custom settings remain after the upgrade?

This is the best question I have seen all day and yes they do remain.

• lol, upgraded thxs...all good

• Looking good on the firmware :-)

• Exciting times. :) Got mine upgraded after a few attempts - the GH3 wouldn't detect the bin-file on my 64GB card while the (empty) DCIM ++ directories still were on the card, but when I formatted a smaller (4GB) card and removed the default directories I got the update to run.

• @driftwood that's good news.

2 things I was hoping to see come out this release was ability to have hacked custom settings, or possibly a fix to the ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec.

• @Skenzin Intra settings should be able to be improved... ;-)

• Upgraded 10 minutes ago and it's all ok. @emonty In my situation the Custom Settings are still the same. ws.

• @Skenzin The ugly noise Shian Storm and others reported using the 72mbs ALL-I codec is because 72Mbps is simply not enough even with the benefits of adaptive 8x8 transform. 4x4 transform with the hi bitrate GH2 Intra hacks are much better.

• I also have problem updating firmware with my 32GB card, so I had to use smaller capacity (16GB) to update the camera

• @driftwood interesting. They were probably scared of getting lots of returns, 72mbs = 9MBs, was probably a decision to keep compatibility with all true class10 cards.

• what do we want? A GH3 HACK!! when do we want it? WHENEVER @Vitaliy_Kiselev AND @driftwood can make it! :D

• Just small update. I got GH3 body today.

• It is in good hands :)

• Time to play Vitaliy !!!!

• Excellent!

• Great news! I just made my first donation. Can't wait to see what you can do Vitaliy, and thanks again for all of your hard work.

• @manstok blow up the japanese models !!! I have a japanese body collecting dust unless vitaliy can take care of this with the hacking or non hacking or whatever magic he does... I might try your steps anyway, who knows...

• A short video i made shot on the gh3. :)

Concept: I turned 22 today, so i made a video over night. 2 hours to compose and shoot and edit 2 angles 2 lenses used 22 seconds long 22 by taylor swift playing

i hope you like it! :)

• @stanlymanly2 22, Holy shit Im old?! LOL :-) Can't wait to see the 33 and 44 year birthdays!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Wow, that's a cool tip! It'll help me learn German :) . Do you know if the camera has more of those little secrets?

• @driftwood haha yes! i cant wait to see what id do for the coming up ages! thanks for watching! :D HACK HACK HACK HACK!! :D we want it! :p hugs to all!

• Bought an NTSC GH3 second hand today for $1000 after hearing there's no new 60p cameras @ NAB. I'll be testing it against my fav DSLR of the moment the D5200. The cadence issue has scared me off the GH3 until now but I need a 60p B cam to go with my ???? A cam.