Personal View site logo
Quad and Hexa copters
  • 423 Replies sorted by
  • @P13DM Niiice! Hvent read any about phantom etc. 3 things in this order most important: 1. Stiff frame (barains dont understand if frame is too flexy) 2. There is no ready balaced props 3. Balanced motors, no bended shafts

and all should be like in balance. wheight, motor, props. Naza dont giv a much forgivenes. I putted it to first to warthox guad.. and with contour I added just 2 batteries, I couldn´t get rid of wobbling...:( same setup with multiwii braind no any issues..

Also to Multiwii. First thing is stiff frame! My friend had just problems with that. Heve a nice day. I go also fixing my hexa now :)!

• Now we can start practising 3d flying with multicopters. I mainly crash theese :)! I fly a lot of these for prctice. Just a bit work with to learn softwares, but I really like to fly these cheap Quads for practicing, and also one of my first reel is actually filmed mostly with un balanced multiwii quadcopter and contour camera attached without gimbal to foam, only downpart clips with gh2 and droidworx Hexa :), because just strong gusty winds. There is only gyro and acc on, so thats why I know compass is not nessesary ;).. And you can put all sencors behind switches :)!

That´s why odd layer, and some yello.I did 2 hours filming for this and just afterwards planned with friends to puplish this clip anyway.

@P13DM . Thanks for comments. Not Happy to progress of my reels still. Need to buy new computer to not get frustrated to sit and wait rendering :)... :).. Nice to hear If DJI has changed things. All hava problems, but this is also work of maniac :).. human errors are more usual, But I dont regret av200, been so glad I took it traight and Skyline stabilizer now because it finally started working. It has still some issues on software, but changed my stab totally which came straight from Naza before.Naza camstab is terrible. Now calm days I´m able shoot clips, which I dont need to actually post stabilize at all :). And I can film already in 7 m/s winds ok! EXcept NAZA is sooo easy to fly, but so "angry" to keep itself sabilized :(. I crashed my Hexa now 2nd time since august And now bacause strong gust. luckily on 2 m hight. But that it how it goes... There is so many things that some day you crash :(.. but no pain no gain. hah and Naza has bit too agressive gain! Just amazed how strong Droidworx is and gimbal. I Have all insured, but hope it pays itself back. only probs broke.

Now I got also all sencors I am working on. Even gps & bluetooth, i can adjust my multiwii with android :)! When it enough good meaby throw Naza a awy in somepoint... but there is coming all the time new stuff :), but I am not running after latest never. let other first crash things :)!...

Multiwii is the thing to check out: www.multiwii.com www.flyduino.net sell´s those and here eurorc.com. Really cheap and good copters to flying! Softwares are open source. those started really work good last summer, cause I am not so good in patient to learn code´s and coding :)

Sorry long reply, but soo bored today to edit. Heh!

• @P13DM Sorry, if this not work as it should be. i got really bad experience gps faisafe. I just try to keep ererything as safe as possible. onec got connection fail. Looked soooo bad how 4 kg hexacopter try to fly "home" by itself. I saved it on up north in Lapland in middle of nowhere. But in busier places. in naza and all DJI braind there is also compass in gps module. Now I have failsaf assembled that lad there where you loose connetion. I feel this safer than self flying object "trying to find home"= sick speed sideways. I feel it safer to fly safely and fail safe lands multi to place I loose connection if it happens. Of course need to upgrade regulations of my country. Last update is from january.... and no one will call me :/..

Thanks for reply. Soo much stuff to handle :)! Nice I see this topic also come to more active on best site EVER for filming!

• password:stadi

Last sunday I had full day filming work stuff, but I did at end of day one 4 min flight from one park in Helsinki. After short shoot, got amazed how twixtox handled flow motion hack cinema 24 p... Meaby I can make from this just sample to my website.

I´ve not posted this as public yet, no color correction and just posted this out. It´s always lottery how it act´s as packed in Vimeo... more coming soon! Filmed with Droidworx AD6 HLE hexacopter and Photohigher AV200 gimbal with Photohigher Skyline stabilization. AND OF COURSE WITH BEATEN GH2 WITH KIT LENS :). Need to shoot more Helsinki for my video bank. 4 min´s lift and land it´s not enough :)! But just got amazed how twixtor works :/...

I´ll meaby fix this video and add clip´s, just got so amazed by myself...AT least You can see Southern Helsinki in winter time form here :)

My badly updated website: www.k3ilmakuvaus.fi

just pm, if You need some help. 1,5 years experience about different with multicopters...

ps: buy blade msr indoor heli , and learn to fly, It is totally different if Your goal is get to real shoots in outdoors. Check how YOU CAN FLY ;): https://vimeo.com/warthox

• Lead! Don´t follow :)! Keep it as simple as possible! Learn to fly and forget gps stuff at first :). Balansed probs is also nr. 1 ;). Hope Henning sees this in some point. 3 years ago I got interested aerial filming by this talent (Check videos, older ones also): http://henningsandstrom.com/

• More demos on the Rotor Cinema videos page...

• What group deal you are planning for? The DJI Phantom of the DJI S800 and Zenmuse? I will be in if you are looking for a very good price for the S800.

I do not plan any group buy. We'll have deals on Phantom and can look to arrange deals on other copters you suggest.

• @Vitaliy What group deal you are planning for? The DJI Phantom of the DJI S800 and Zenmuse? I will be in if you are looking for a very good price for the S800.

Practice can't make you flying this thing perfect, it requires a certain talent if you asked me. Take a look at this footage:

• I also picked up DJI Phantom since I already own a HERO3 Black Edition. The flying experience is fine but the GPS is VERY unreliable (depending on where you are in this part of the world as in order for the HOME LOCK to be useful, the Phantom requires 6 or more satellites to communicate with it) and we crashed ours a few weeks ago. Now it is sent for repair.

As for the footage, we balanced the props and install an intermediate sponge material between the GoPro and the Phantom mounting point. We eliminate 90% of the Jello but then the vibration is still there. We think this Phantom is good for training but it is no way useful for professional footage capturing.

We have a few friends that own the DJI S800 with Zenmuse Gimbal system and they are what you really looking for to capture professional useful footage if you asked me.

• I picked up a phantom a couple of weeks ago and I've been having a blast with it + GP3b. I did need to balance the props and motors to eliminate issues with rolling shutter. Learning to fly the thing is very interesting. I haven't had any issues with the GPS or flight systems. I plan to pick up brushless gimbal and FPV system.

Great platform for learning before taking the plunge on more serious system.

• The Phantom is a toy. Don't waste your money if you want anything besides some shaky amateur goPro footage. And since it's an all-in-one deal, you can't use the transmitter for anything else after the phantom is trashed.

Also, that pro balancer is junk too. You need to be able to spin the prop 360 degrees to balance the hub too. Something like the DuBro TrueSpin is a much better tool.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/390340268425?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

I know I'm always negative in this thread, but I've been through all this gear and know that it takes a lot of money and skill to get even decent results from these copters.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev "We'll have one on deals, if people wish." I'm ready for one... Al

• We'll have one on deals, if people wish.

I wish!!

• @mintcheerios

We'll have one on deals, if people wish.

• This thing looks pretty good for $679 flyable out of the box.

• Yep! This is so developing area. Some refered this in US some media like when internet spreaded. It is so easy to develop tohse small quad´s and test with own knowledge and possibilities. But bigger hexas etc filming multicopters can´t go with the latest. Just take what already is reliable and works. Sooo much work, when add filming. I need to defently take more example still´s and sell those. Hehe! So much easier gig´s than video. I use GH2 now, because there is no other good (meaby GH3), my resent customers neededs always fullHD. Finally got really good stabilation brains to my camera gimbal = Less cropping with warp stabilizers. I dont know date, but here even Finland collagues flys Red cams. Sorry I don´t want to spread this topic too much, but this seems to be only Aerial topic? I think, but had more problems with copter than cam, but now I need to get best out of my clips. Here´s all heliclips filmed by me with GH2 . Winter car testing in Lappland. There was even Phantom to take slomos, I got deffently 1/10 price cam comparing next cheapest cam ;).. But there was too much data in the air :). And shooted 1080 50i and posted it out 25 p with post stab to edit... first my favorite part 2 and then this longer one.. all aerial clips shooted with GH2 (not happy to quality) WHAT hack You other aerial filmers now recommend. I got some Valkyrie? Now I filmed latest stuuf jut rendering, with newest Flowmotion and 720/50p snowboarding. Try to upscale with plugin 1080p to get some nice slomos also..

Here´s latest videos I got stuff in it:

part 2 nice slomos with phantom and atmosphere what we got up in north :)!

real test video:

• Amazing video!

• WoW!!!! Nice looking stuff. I see manned helicopters going away real quick in the near future!!

• I've been investigating the rules on this, and have come across:

http://www.eurousc.com/documents/LUASS_011_web.pdf

Which works out to be a £1200 two part written and practical exam.

• Not quad or hexa, but sickest aerial reel ever, not just random clips also GOOD REEL!

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev :)! Nice combination of too many nice toys :)! Need to get paid of a lot of money and nothing else to do :)!

Meaby this topic is already for multicopter filmers, but new ones always asking. so sorry my messy way to write. (heh) I will come crazy anyway when You start work with aerial filming!

Start with cheap quad´s, learn to build stuff , learn to fly, take old contour first or go pro :).. Ahh-- sorry! buy cheap easy to fly package like Naza. Learn soldering, google like maniac , dont eat all you see in forums. And remember buy a lot of spare parts.. :) I could say I fly with multiwii quadcopters, and hexas I dont fly I film.. Flying is more fun than editing anyway :)!

dvxuser had good story about where You are getting to: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/content.php?112-Aerial-Videography-for-Beginner-Part-One

Here´s one truth and i am really sorry of this guy. Dji got software problem in gps module, there was plenty of these around. Just here for example, because I got some PM´s about helifilming. There is no best even who tries to sell You :(.. just like in cameras.. learn to build, or hang out more experienced dudes ;). Spare 1000 hours You start know something. Play with indoor small ones, that´s How I first learned to fly.

Here some truth, posted this because Wookong is "The Brand" and prob the hottest brains for multicopters, there was software problem, but people make more problems ;).. I don´t want to blame any companies. I ALSO USE DJI PRODUCTS!

This is just best forum for video filming, so This is link is just for new ones to understand fow new and how fast developing this is: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1732106&page=3

I feel sorry for those for every one.... Can feel the pain! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QZ1MdK41UhQ